Bite Me

She's A Survivor

(Pete’s POV)
I was shaken awake by Patrick. I looked at him and then at Amanda. Her vitals were still the same.
“Why did you wake me? I was talking to Amanda.” I said to Patrick.
“Dude, Nick is outside the room. He said he would wait until I told you he was here but he could burst in any minute. He wasn’t happy that Amanda ended up here.” Patrick said.
I got up from my chair and kissed Amanda’s head. “Nick is here.” I said thinking maybe it would get her to wake up but nothing. I did see her hand twitch when I let go of it. “That a girl.” I said.
About that time, Nick burst in anyway and started yelling. He came over to me then looked at Amanda and stood there for a second. Nick was taller than me. He was at least six feet tall but I was much stronger than him, I was sure. I didn’t really want a fight here and I know Amanda wouldn’t want me to.
“How could you let this happen, Pete? Why didn’t you answer my calls when Amanda didn’t answer? I know she thought that I was probably bugging her but still this was important.” Nick said upset and very loudly.
“I didn’t let this happen. I couldn’t get to her in time due to Beckett which your precious ex, Natasha is working with now. And you need to keep your voice down before a nurse comes in here and kicks us out. I am not yelling at you.” I said.
“I could have protected her. That’s why I wanted her to stay in Florida but I told her to go be with you because her heart belonged with you.” He said almost shoving me.
I was good. I kept my cool and saw Patrick was almost ready to step in between us if need be. I just looked at Nick and shook my head at him.
“Why didn’t you kill Natasha all these years you new she was a vampire? That’s protecting Amanda all right.” I snickered.
“And you did so much better?” Nick said getting in my face.
I was ready to punch him and go at it already. If it wasn’t for a faint voice I would have torn him a new one. Amanda was trying to speak and wake up.
“If I wasn’t so weak I would crawl off this bed and kick both of your asses if you don’t shut up and behave!” Amanda said faintly.
“Amanda!” I said hurrying to her bedside and holding her hand.
Amanda slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me wincing in pain as she tried to move. I just stared at her smiling back that she was awake finally. It was early the next morning and the sun was about to come up.
“Hi, beautiful, you are awake now.” I said.
“Hi, love.” She said trying to sit up.
“Easy there, you have been through a lot.” I said helping her sit up.
Nick just stood there in shock that she was awake finally. I think he thought that she wasn’t going to make it. I knew better.