Bite Me

I'm Like A Bad Habit You Can't Get Rid Of

“If I wasn’t so weak I would crawl off this bed and kick both of your asses if you don’t shut up and behave!” I said faintly.
I could hear them fighting so loudly it hurt my head. I couldn’t hear my own thoughts or concentrate on getting better because of them two. Oh, my whole body hurts and I feel so weak.
“Amanda!” Pete said hurrying to my bedside and holding my hand. I slowly opened my eyes finally and smiled at Pete wincing in pain as I tried to move.
“Hi, beautiful, you are awake now.” Pete said smiling back at me.
“Hi, love.” I said trying to sit up.
“Easy there, you have been through a lot.” He said helping me to sit up.
I looked around trying to focus my eyes. Everything was just a tad blurry. I guess it was a side effect of everything I had been through. I saw Patrick and I saw Nick in front of my bed.
“Hi, guys. Please excuse the way I look.” I said joking.
“Do you remember anything I said earlier?” Pete said looking at me with his warm, worried eyes.
“Yeah, you kept telling me to fight and that you loved me and I remember our dream together. I felt safe there. You kept my nightmares at bay until I heard you two fighting and I guess it was time for me to wake up to put a stop to it.” I said staring at Nick.
“I’m sorry about that.” Nick said looking down.
“But I don’t know what all happened to me. I remember telling you I loved you and I heard Brendon telling me not to let Natasha win.” I said.
“Amanda you kind of died twice. Patrick and Bev revived you the first time with CPR. Then you stopped breathing again on the examining room table and the doctors and nurses did CPR again on you before you started to stabilize.” Pete said with so much worry and pain in his eyes and voice.
“Hey, Pete it is alright.” I said reaching for his cheek. “I’m right here, now, and I will get better. Patrick thanks for saving me.” I said looking at him.
“You are welcome. We couldn’t let you get away from us that easy.” He said trying to make light of the situation.
I just smiled and totally ignored Nick for the moment. My concern was for Pete who now went from being happy I was awake to a glum, lost looking little boy. He was starting to hurt what was left of my heart.
“Pete, what’s wrong?” I asked.
“I couldn’t save you. I had no air to give.” He said upset at himself.
“Pete it’s perfectly ok. I know you wanted to and that’s what counts. Why don’t you and Patrick go call the others? I am sure they would be glad to know I am awake and I am hungry as odd as that sounds. Tell the nurses I am awake. Maybe soon I can blow this joint seeing how I hate hospitals. As for you Nick, we need to talk.” I said motioning him to sit in the chair by my bed.
I watched Pete get up and kiss my lips. It was nice to have his lips touch mine again. A dream kiss is cool but having him kiss me for real is so much better. Then Pete and Patrick left my room.
“So, what do you want to talk to me about?” Nick asked worried and he better be.
“I don’t like how you treated my boyfriend. Look, it is my fault I didn’t answer the phone. But you should have stopped Natasha in the first place. So don’t think that you are better. And I do not want you to go off running around L.A. looking for Beckett and Natasha on your own. Are we clear?” I asked.
“Very.” Nick said. “I am glad you are awake and talking. You are lucky to be alive. Most slayers…” He tried to say.
“I know, die. I guess it is not my time and I have a fighting spirit. I don’t give up.” I said grabbing Nick’s hand.
“You always were stubborn.” Nick said. “Oh, and you are stuck with me. I am temporarily moving in with you and Bev.” He added.
“Just great.” I said.
“What? Am I that bad? It will be like old times.” Nick said.
“That’s what I am afraid of.” I said rolling my eyes.
Just then doctors and nurses came in to check on me with Pete and Patrick behind. And lo and behold my favorite doctor who saw me when Beckett had attacked me was here.
“Well, miss Amanda,” he said looking at my chart, “I see you have been attacked again.
“I tell you what. You let me go home in two days and I promise to be the best patient you have ever had. No problems or peeps out of me.” I said.
“Amanda you may need longer.” Pete cautioned.
“Nonsense.” I said.
“We’ll see.” The doctor said examining me.
When they were done and left, I had Patrick have them bring me some breakfast because I was starving. Then he took Nick back to mine and Bev’s apartment to stay. Pete was not going to leave. It was already daylight and he knew Patrick was already going to have a time getting Nick to my place.
“I’m staying with you, even when you leave here. I don’t trust Nick.” Pete said.
“He’s harmless.” I said rolling my eyes. “Don’t you need to eat?” I asked eating my breakfast.
“Don’t ask that again. After seeing how much blood you lost and seeing you almost die, I don’t have an appetite right now.” Pete said.
“I’m sorry. Will you come over here and cuddle with me?” I said once I was finished.
“I’d love too.” He said climbing in the bed the best he could without laying on my cords I was hooked up to.
“I thought I lost you.” He said with me lying on his shoulder.
“But you didn’t. As you said before, this heart beats for you.” I said snuggling up as close as I could and falling asleep.