Bite Me

If I Could Turn Back Time

Everyone came to the hospital to see me in the last two days I have been here. I was feeling much better. I was still weak and didn’t have my full strength back but I was working on it. Somehow I knew that when all of my strength returned I would be a more powerful slayer. It was like it was instilled in me or something. Maybe this was supposed to happen in order to defeat Beckett or whatever challenge he tries to throw at me now.
I still was having nightmares about my attack. Pete went home only for an hr to change and eat and then he came back. He was always here when I needed him and he always tried to help take my mind off the nightmares but they really shook me up. Every time I would close my eyes to sleep I would see Natasha and Beckett laughing and then in my dreams the attack over and over. I couldn’t escape them. I was not going to rest until they were all dead.
One nightmare I had left me screaming as I was taking a nap. I woke up and sat up in bed with Pete trying to comfort me. Tears streamed down my face, and I rarely cry. I am so used to holding everything in.
The doctor came in and I asked him if I could be released from the hospital. He checked out all my vitals and said yes surprisingly. I was getting better; it was just that my strength was still a little off.
Pete took me home later that night to find that Nick had wanted to go out seeing L.A. That worried me because I knew and Pete knew that he was trying to map the city so he could go out and find Natasha. But he had taken Joe and Be with him so we knew they would carefully watch him.
“Pete, tomorrow I want to spend the day at your place.” I said sitting in my bed.
“You still need to rest. You aren’t strong enough to move around a bunch.” He said.
“I don’t care. I want to start training with you again, Pete. It is the only way I am going to get my strength back. And I just know I will be a lot tougher and stronger in my fighting skills.” I said motioning for him to lie on the bed.
“Oh and how do you know this?” Pete asked cocking an eyebrow up at me.
“I don’t know exactly. I just feel it.” I replied.
“Interesting.” He said kissing my neck then making his way to my stomach by raising my top up a bit.
“So, someone is feeling frisky.” I said laughing.
“And you aren’t enjoying it?” He playfully asked.
“I’m enjoying it but I am not really in the mood I guess you could say to do anything else. I want to beat Natasha. I am going to kill her and her goons so I can rest.” I said looking in Pete’s eyes.
“Amanda, you will beat her and I promise you I will be there to help. Believe me I want them dead too. If I had lost you…” Pete said trailing off.
“Pete, don’t keep doing that to yourself. I’m alive. We sure have had a bumpy ride, haven’t we?” I said sighing.
“Yes and we will have more bumpy days as long as Beckett is around.” Pete said lying on my shoulder.
“Things will hopefully get better.” I said playing with Pete’s hair. I loved rubbing my hands through it.
“You are going to put me to sleep.” He said yawning.
“Good. Then maybe you can protect me in my dreams.” I said preparing myself for sleep.