Bite Me

My Mother's Killer

I fell into a deep sleep. My first dream started off with me in a white dress again with a red ribbon around my neck. Why always this? My first instinct was to look for Pete. Maybe he popped in here somewhere or maybe I was in his dream. I never can tell anymore. But the funny thing is that I knew I was dreaming and I knew I would remember it when I wake up.
“Pete?” I asked walking through a fog.
I saw a mansion on a hill through the fog. I decided to walk towards it. When I arrived at the mansion, the gated opened in the front to let me in and the place was well lit up. I could feel Pete was somewhere here in this dream, maybe in the mansion.
The door opened by itself as I went to knock on the door. I stepped inside to see candles lit in every room I walked in. I walked into what looked like a room big enough to be a ballroom. There was a table set up in the middle with black roses in a vase with a red one in the middle. I walked over to it, my senses aware that something wasn’t quite right here. I saw a note on the table that read: to my dearest love, you will be mine, and mine alone. I dropped the note on the floor.
Why am I having these vivid dreams? It was like whoever is after me is sending me these dreams. They aren’t exactly warnings as Pete and I assumed but somehow we were both sucked in to them.
Then I had the most horrible feeling. I was experiencing pain all over like I was being attacked only I wasn’t. “Pete.” I whispered.
I took off down a hall that seemed to last forever to find Pete was fighting a vampire that seemed familiar. He seemed familiar because he is the one that haunts my dreams before I was attacked by Natasha. Only now, I see his face. And his face is that of my mom’s killer! Chris was right. I would see when I was ready to see.
“No!” I screamed. “Let him go!” I said running towards Pete who looked beaten up. I must have jumped into Pete’s dream.
“Amanda, run. Get out of here and leave me. If he gets you he will find you.” Pete said pushing me behind him.
“Not without you. We can end this dream. We just need to wake up.” I said.
“I am afraid it won’t be that easy, my dear.” The vampire said using some sort of gaze to lure me to him. I couldn’t fight him and Pete tried to hold me as best as he could, wincing in pain.
“You aren’t having her!” Pete said holding me tighter.
“Pete, it’s alright. Let me go.” I said.
“No, he’s getting to you.” Pete said.
“No, you don’t understand. Let me go.” I said to Pete giving him a look. “This may be a dream that this vampire is setting up but it’s our dream to take charge and control. It is only a dream.” I said winking at Pete.
Pete let go trusting me and I approached the vampire. He grabbed me and turned me to face Pete who stood watching and hoping I knew what I was doing. I let the vampire untie the red ribbon and he placed his yucky hands on my shoulders.
“I came to your mother in her dreams. The blood of a slayer always tastes so sweet and makes the vampire that bites her stronger. I told her she could be my bride and see the world but she refused.” The vampire said.
“I wonder why?” I said sarcastically. “I would never be your bride. I’d rather die.” I said.
“Oh, just wait until I bite your pretty neck that has been tainted already I see. Then I will find you outside of you and you’re soon to be dead, ex lover’s dreams and your mind will be changed. You are different than the other slayers, Amanda. You just haven’t figured it out yet.” The vampire said.
“Special, how?” I asked looking at Pete who was listening and paying attention to everything. My eyes wandered over to a lit candlestick beside Pete. I wanted him to throw the candle at me at the right moment.
“You will eventually find out why you are different than most slayers. I see you were tainted by two dumb vampires but lived. A normal slayer would have gave up and died but you kept on fighting. Don’t worry your secret is safe from me that you are alive. Because I want them dead too and I know you will see to it.” The vampire said.
“I fought because I have a reason for living. I fight vampires to protect the innocent from the likes of you!” I said getting shook hard by the vampire that held me.
“You like to have a smart mouth don’t you?” The vampire said. “Your precious love over there won’t be able to save you. In fact you can only save one. You will have to choose soon who you are going to be able to save.” He said cryptically. “Enough chatter, I am getting bored now.” He said starting to lean down to bite my neck to find out where I was.
“Now, Pete!” I said catching the candle that was still lit he threw and catching the vampires face on fire with it before he could bite me.
“Come on.” Pete said as I backed away from the vampire. I grabbed Pete’s hand and we woke up together.