Bite Me

All Will Be Revealed Soon

“Pete!” I said as I sat up in bed and turned to look at him. “You are hurt!” I said touching his face.
“I know. Man, my ribs feel like they took a beating too.” He said grabbing his right side.
“But how could you be hurt? Wait, you got hurt in the dream.” I said examining him.
“I know who it is.” Pete said reaching for my shoulders.
“Yeah, I saw his face. He killed my mom and now he is trying to find me. He knows about Beckett and Natasha.” I said gazing in his concerned eyes.
“No, Amanda, I know who it is. Chris told me I would eventually.” He said.
“But how could he hurt you in our dream?” I asked confused.
“Because he is Dracula and he does exist.” Pete said.
“Dracula? Come on, Pete. He doesn’t exist except in movies and books that scare people.” I said laughing.
“I’m serious. You read Chris’ journals online as well as me. Dracula is mentioned more than one time.” Pete said in all seriousness.
“I thought it was a joke.” I said remembering what I read awhile back.
“And how do you know that this is really Dracula?” I said still not wanting to believe a myth used to scare people was really real.
“I know because he sired Beckett. Beckett bit me. Beckett was supposed to find you and report it back to Dracula only he wanted you to torment me. Why do you think he beat you up that day? Granted at that time he didn’t know you were the slayer, but it was to get back at me. And you said one of his men shot that vampire that was looking for you and knew who you were at Erelin’s graduation. It was Dracula’s hired men. Beckett didn’t want him find out. And in Chicago, those guys dressed like Dandies but weren’t, were Dracula’s minions.” Pete said explaining his thoughts to me.
“And you know Dracula sired Beckett how?” I said still trying to process everything.
“It’s in the blood when you are made a vampire. I was forced into drinking Beckett’s blood who in turn drank Dracula’s to become a vampire. The only thing wrong with this picture is why didn’t Nick or Chris just come out and tell us?” He asked.
“I don’t know. This is all surreal. Dracula is my mother’s killer and who is after me. Wow!” I said.
“Amanda, you seem happy about that.” Pete said concerned.
“We are talking about Dracula here. I said.
“Look at me.” He said making me focus on him. “Don’t let him get you wrapped up on him.” Pete said clearing my head.
“Thanks, Pete. For a minute I don’t think I was myself.” I said.
“You weren’t acting like it. We can’t afford him finding you now.” Pete said pulling me closer to him.
“I feel so much safer with you.” I said squeezing him tight.
“Ouch, the ribs, remember?” Pete said.
“I’m so sorry, Pete.” I said pulling away.
“Don’t be. He can make your dreams become real. That’s why if you have him in your dreams and I am not in them, run. Always remember. If he bites you, he will find you.” Pete said warning me.
I glanced at the clock to see that it was only three am. I was afraid to sleep but my body was telling me I needed to rest. Pete could tell I was starting to get sleepy again and laid down pulling me on top of him.
“Try and get some sleep. I will be here and won’t let anyone hurt you, dreams or not.” Pete said kissing my forehead as I placed my head on his chest.
“Pete, I know that Nick and Chris only wanted to protect me. I guess I forgive Chris now. Maybe soon we can start a father/daughter relationship.” I said yawning.
“That would be nice now that you know you have a father.” Pete said holding me.
“Pete.” I said starting to drift.
“Yes?” He replied.
“What do you think Dracula meant by me being special?” I asked.
“I haven’t figured it out yet, but I will.” He said as I finally let sleep win.