Bite Me

Three's A Crowd

I woke up to another nightmare again only this time it was Natasha and her goons again haunting my dreams. I rolled over to see that Pete was in a deep sleep. I gently kissed his lips with him responding back but not waking up. I smiled and got out of bed.
I walked down to the kitchen to fix me some breakfast and saw that Nick was asleep on the couch. Bev’s car keys were on the counter and I assumed that she and Joe were still asleep upstairs. Today was an off day for her. Jackie had decided that she wanted to come in to check how the store was doing and gave Bev some much needed time off here and there. I think between being with Joe, work, slaying vampires, and worrying about me was beginning to take its toll on her.
I looked in the fridge to find some blood packets I assume Nick got next to the milk carton. Yuck! I did not want to see blood at this early in the morning or afternoon. My brain couldn’t process what the clock read. I made a bowl of cereal and sat there eating my Apple Jacks. I couldn’t help but notice as I glanced over at Nick that he had a smile on his face. I wondered what he was dreaming. He always looked so cute when he slept and seeing how he looks now as he did when we were together sent memories flooding back.
I also woke up with another bad feeling that I was not going to ignore this time. I couldn’t place it but I wondered if it had anything to do with Nick since he wanted to go out last night. I just hope he stays in tonight as I go over to Pete’s. I put my bowl in the sink when I got done and walked into the living room. I saw one of my old photo albums lying on the floor.
I picked it up to naturally see it was pictures of me and him together. We were quite a couple. I sat down on the loveseat and flipped through it. Nick started to stir awake.
“Good morning.” I said smiling at him.
“Hey, Red.” He said as he started to wake up.
Red was my old nickname he used to call me. It was one I liked compared to some others he tried to call me. Red just fit.
“I haven’t heard you call me that in a long time.” I replied.
“I know. How are you feeling?” He asked me.
“I feel good. Pete is going to take me to his place tonight to start training again.” I said sitting my photo album down.
“Don’t you think it is too soon?” He asked.
“No, I need to regain my strength and this is the way to do it.” I said.
“Do you remember the first time we met?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, how could I forget?” I said laughing.
About the time we were going to continue reminiscing about old times Pete came downstairs not wearing a shirt. I quickly got up and walked over to him giving him a steamy kiss. It wasn’t to rub it in Nick’s face but it was like an urge I had to do. Pete just looked so sexy with bed head and no shirt on. This is how it was supposed to be.
“Good morning, love.” I said to Pete.
“Good morning to you too.” He said kissing me again. “Thanks for the blood.” He said opening the fridge and glancing over at Nick.
“Sure, no problem.” Nick said awkwardly.
“Um, listen, Amanda. I think I am going to leave tomorrow night.” Nick said.
“But I thought that you were going to help me track Natasha once I got my strength back.” I said confused.
“Well, I think that it would be better if I left. You can do it. And you have Pete to help. I know you will find her.” Nick said flashing me his grin I used to love.
“Nick, I…” I started to say.
“I think I am going to take a shower.” He said heading towards the downstairs bathroom.
“Why does this have to be an awkward thing towards us now?” I asked Pete frustrated.
“Because he still loves you and I know why.” Pete said pulling me towards him and tickling me.
“I know he loves me and it’s hard for him to see us together Pete but I don’t know. I guess I shouldn’t worry. I just have this feeling that I can’t shake.” I said facing Pete.
“You think that something may happen to Nick?” He asked.
“Pete, I just don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore except that I love you.” I said kissing his lips.