Bite Me

In A Dracula Mood

“Good morning sleepyheads.” I said as Bev and Joe strolled down into the kitchen looking like they had no sleep.
“Amanda, I don’t like having your dreams. Please tell your vampires that you slay to stay out of my dreams.” Joe said.
“What!” Pete and I both said checking both Joe’s and Bev’s necks out for bite marks.
“Are you alright?” I asked Bev.
“Yeah, we got away in our dream but this dude was strong and he kept chasing us. He wanted to know where you were hiding.” Bev said making some coffee.
“Look, this guy is dangerous. If he bites your neck he will not only know where I am but he may kill you in your dream. His name is Dracula and he is very dangerous.” Pete said.
“Dracula as in the myth from movies and such; get out!” Bev said.
“It’s true, Bev. Would I lie to you?” I asked.
“No.” She replied.
“So how do you know it is Dracula?” Joe asked.
I let Pete fill in Bev and Joe with the details. I just sat down on a bar stool and fell into a daze. How could he know them? Now he is playing with fire and messing with my friends. Powerful or not I will kill him or die trying. I am not going without a fight. You may hurt me but mess with my friends and you are in for big trouble.
“Amanda.” Pete said. “Amanda?” He said a little louder. “Hey.” He said touching my shoulder and making me react by grabbing his wrist and turning it around.
“Let go!” Pete cried out. I quickly snapped out of my daze.
“Pete! Oh what have I done? I am so sorry.” I said letting go.
I got up and quickly ran up to my room shutting the door and leaning against it. I slid down to the floor. What was happening to me? I just hurt Pete all because my mind was fixated on Dracula.
About that time, Pete approached my door and sat down on the opposite side. I started to cry over what my life had become. I wouldn’t wish being a slayer on anyone. I seem to hurt the ones I love.
“Amanda, what’s wrong? Please open the door.” He said.
“No. I just hurt your wrist for no reason. My mind wandered into a daze and all I could think about was Dracula. He is starting to get to me, Pete.” I said.
“Please open up.” He said all concerned. “Bev is concerned about you. You know she has been worried since you almost died. And I love you. I want to talk to you. Don’t shut me out.” He said.
I got up and slowly opened the door. Pete walked in. I took his wrist and examined it. Nothing was broken. I took his wrist and placed his hand on my face.
“Pete, I need to kill something.” I said. “I have too many emotions, and pent up energy to burn.” I said as he pushed my hair behind my ear.
“Get ready and meet me downstairs. We are going to my place.” He said.
“But you can’t go out in the sunlight.” I said.
“We will manage. Besides tonight we are having an emergency meeting. The whole big gang will be there and we need to discuss things.” Pete said grabbing his hoodie that was on the floor and putting it on. “And you need to train. I think maybe you were right about wanting to be stronger. It will be good for you.” He said whipping out his sidekick and leaving my room.
I hurried up and changed into some yoga pants and a tank top. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail and grabbed my Reeboks. I flew down the steps in a hurry and bumped into Nick who had just gotten out of the shower.
“Where are you going in a hurry, Red?” He asked.
“I’m leaving to go train. Dracula is pissing me off. Natasha has pissed me off as well as Beckett. So I guess you could say I want to kick something’s ass right now.” I said.
“Whoa, did you say Dracula? So you found out finally?” Nick asked.
“Yeah and let’s say that you mess with my friends you mess with me.” I said angrily.
“Amanda, you need to calm down just a bit. Save your anger for the fight. It will make you stronger. Just remember that. Remember what is important.” He said touching my shoulder and glancing at me.
I felt that something was bugging him but that maybe I was being silly. Maybe he was just a little jealous of Pete still. Either way, I know what is important. Why did he become so cryptic all of a sudden?
“Amanda, just take care of yourself. Don’t overdue it.” Bev said. “Oh, and Joe and I along with Nick will see you tonight.” She said hugging me.
“Listen I am sorry again for Dracula being in your dreams.” I said.
“It’s alright. Relax.” Joe said hugging me as well.
“Ready to go tiger?” I asked Pete.
“I hope so.” He said wearing some of my gloves and pulling two blankets over him.
We left my apartment and I helped him make it to the car. I drove over to Pete’s place where I was greeted by Patrick and Joe who were very happy to see me. They also informed me that Dracula had too, invaded their dreams.