Bite Me

All My Worst Fears

Pete explained everyone else’s dreams to the guys and told them to call Sam and Chrissy. They were to be here for the meeting tonight. Which come to find out, the girls had dreams also from earlier phone calls Andy and Patrick had made.
“Andy and Patrick, I am sorry for dragging you into my mess.” I said apologetically.
“Amanda, it is our mess.” Pete replied wrapping his arms around me.
“We are alright. We will fight along side you. Why should you have to do this alone? Who says that there has to be only one slayer? We may not have your strengths but we slay too.” Patrick said.
“Guys, I want to seriously cry and scream right now. I have all these emotions I have to face and I can’t face them until I stop Natasha. Dracula is the least of my worries except that he is trying to me through you guys.” I replied.
“Dracula is dangerous. Look at me.” Pete said showing off his wounds which were already healing up nicely.
“How can he hurt us in our dreams?” Andy asked.
“Because he is Dracula. He is a powerful vampire and the oldest one if I remember correctly. He killed my mom.” I finished in a whisper.
Pete held me tighter. I began to look away like I was staring out into space. The guys surrounded me and gave me a group hug.
“Thank you guys so much. I needed that.” I said pulling away from Pete.
“Are you sure you are ready to train?” Andy asked.
“Yes. You can’t keep a good slayer down. I have been writing everything that has happened to me down so that the knowledge will be passed to a future slayer.” I said.
“Amanda that is not going to happen, we won’t let it.” Patrick said before Pete could.
“Well I already died once. Hey do you think that there is another girl out there who was chosen when I died?” I asked.
“I seriously doubt it. I mean you are alive. You were only gone for like a few seconds. And I think you would know or Dracula would know. He would have said something I am sure.” Pete said reassuring me.
“I don’t think Pete could handle two slayers.” Andy said laughing.
“Hey!” Pete said elbowing Andy in the ribs.
I just walked over to their hanging punching bag and started doing some kicks to it sending it flying back and forth. My mind started racing and I suddenly tuned everyone out. All I could see in my head was Natasha, Beckett, and her goons. I could still hear their laugh from the other night when I had walked a few steps after her goons let go of me.
I had their faces fixated on the bag that I just had at it. I kept kicking and punching so hard that I didn’t even realize my own strength. It had returned and returned with a vengeance. I felt no pain from hitting too hard and I only stopped hitting the bag after Pete grabbed me.
“Amanda, stop.” He said pulling me away from the bag. “You killed it. You punched a major hole all the way through it.” Pete said.
“Wow.” Patrick said inspecting the broken punching bag.
“She tore it to bits.” Andy said walking over.
I just fell to the floor and started crying. I couldn’t focus and I couldn’t think. Natasha was getting to me and I wouldn’t rest until she was dead.
“I’m sorry, so sorry.” I said sobbing.
“Shh. I got you.” Pete said sitting down in front of me, pulling me to him and holding me.
He glanced at Andy and Patrick who just couldn’t believe how much stronger I had become. All I could do was to repeat how sorry I was. Pete just picked me up and carried me upstairs to his room sitting me down on his bed.
“Amanda, you need to rest.” He said.
“I don’t want to. I am not tired. If I sleep I will see them all over again. I will hear their laugh or worse see Dracula.” I said looking away from Pete.
“Amanda, talk to me. You keep letting this eat at you. Your strength is amazing. You are like so much more powerful in your attacking skills.” Pete said amazed.
“I told you I feel stronger. I feel a little different. Pete I am afraid. What if I let you guys down again? What if I fail? I don’t want anything to happen to you guys. My heart wouldn’t be able to handle it. You want the truth?” I asked staring into his warm, loving eyes.
“Yes I do.” He said.
“You don’t know what it was like. I was powerless for the first time. I tried to fight back and I couldn’t. They had me and were draining my life away. I could feel everything slipping. I became so weak. I wanted to give up. Had it not been for you and the others I probably would have given up. I died even if it was for a minute or few seconds. I have to face it. Maybe that is what I can’t accept. I cheated death. I don’t remember what death is like exactly because Patrick and Bev brought me back the first time and then the doctors with Brendon’s help. Maybe I shouldn’t be here right now. Then again maybe I should be. Dracula says I am different than the other slayers. I want to know why. Why am I so special that I have to go through this? Then to come back alive and have to face Natasha all over again is driving me insane. I’m slipping. I think you may be having a crazy slayer on your hands. So yeah, you don’t know what its like for me. I’m being torn apart. I don’t feel like me anymore.” I said pushing Pete away.
“Listen to me. You are not crazy.” He said grabbing me to make me face him.
“I love you and that will never change. You may drive me crazy at times but that is different. I may not know everything on how you feel but I can relate. Amanda did you forget that I died too? I didn’t become a vampire for my health you know.” He said making me look at him against my will.
“Pete, I forgot. I am so sorry. I got caught up in myself I forgot you do know what it is like to have your life slip away from you.” I said angry at myself.
“It is alright. But now you know you are not alone. Now, please get some rest. Me and you will train together to work on your anger later.” Pete said making me sleepy.
“Will you stay?” I said lying down and grabbing his arm.
“Of course I will.” He said tucking me into his bed and crawling in beside me.
I ended up sleeping for several hours with no bad dreams except one. One that when I woke up, left me shaking. I looked to see that Pete was gone. I figured he was downstairs with the boys.
I walked downstairs to be greeted by everyone except Bev, Joe, and Nick who hadn’t shown up yet for the meeting. Pete was drinking his concoction and then when he saw me he greeted me with a smile and a kiss.
“How are you feeling?” He asked.
“Better.” I said kissing him back.
I went around talking to Chrissy and Sam before Pete pulled me aside and wanted me to train. I felt no worries and was glad that Pete helped me get some sleep. I was also glad that I got out everything I had felt earlier and knew that me and Pete were on the same wavelength.
When we started training, it felt like old times. I was flipping him and he was going at it with me. He told me not to hold back and so I wasn’t. I knew I wouldn’t hurt him like I would my enemies.
Pete ended up distracting me and he pulled me down to the ground as I knocked him down. I landed up on top of him. It felt so familiar.
“Remember our first training session?” He asked staring into my eyes.
“How could I forget? You almost killed me before hand.” I said laughing.
“Hey, you snuck in when you weren’t supposed to.” Pete shot back.
“And remember how we almost kissed?” I said leaning in.
“Yes.” He said rising up to kiss me.
We were interrupted again but this time it was from Bev and Joe who barged in hurriedly. They were frantically upset. Pete and I got up and walked over to them to see what was going on.
“Bev what is wrong?” I asked.
“We were getting ready to come over here.” Joe said.
“Amanda, Nick is gone. We think he went out to look for Beckett and Natasha!” Bev said.
All my worry I had today led up to this. And now my dream is coming true I had. Along with my worst fear.