Bite Me

Sleep Surely Needed

It was after three am when we had arrived to the airport. I had quickly packed a bag when Pete drove me to the apartment. Pete’s leg was beginning to be alright. He was walking on it much better now at least.
After we boarded the plane and found our seats I sighed, a huge sigh. Here I am going back to the one place I thought I wouldn’t have to go back to for awhile. Pete looked at me with concerned eyes like I am this fragile thing waiting to fall to pieces. Was I becoming fragile under my tough exterior I was trying to show? I was trying to be strong now even though my emotions were still trying to make me cry and remember all the good times I spent with Nick. It was a good thing I packed a blanket in my bag for Pete to use because daylight would approach in a few hrs and we would land in Florida in the daylight hours.
“Are you alright?” Pete asked me.
“Yes. I’m just tired. I keep thinking about all of the good times Nick and I used to have.” I said.
“Amanda, I think he would want you to remember the good times and not the bad. Here.” He said moving after the plane had taken off the ground to let me lay against him.
“Just relax and fall asleep.” Pete said.
“Why, Peter Wentz, are you making me fall asleep again?” I said yawning.
“Nope. That is all you.” He replied.
I quickly closed my eyes thinking about Bev and the others. I feel a little guilty about just leaving them but surely they will understand and be safe. The main question was; how do I stay strong and tell Brian about Nick?
“Pete, I love you. Night.” I mumbled.
“Good night, Amanda.” He said leaning down to kiss my lips.
I smiled and then drifted off to sleep. I was exhausted and wore out from earlier. I just hope that Dracula doesn’t hit me in my vulnerable time.