Bite Me

Delirious

“Wake up sleepy head.” I heard a voice say.
“Nick?” I said all groggily as I tried to wake up.
“Yeah, mom wants to know what you want for dinner.” Nick said as I tried to roll off of his shoulder. I looked around confused. I was back at Nick’s house well, Brian’s now I should say but it was the way it was before Nick disappeared.
“Nick, you died. How is this possible?” I said confused. Was I dreaming or was I dreaming about being a slayer and vampires and such?
“I died? Vampires again? You need to cut it out on watching too much Buffy, Amanda. Really, I mean it’s not good for your health.” Nick said sitting up on the bed and laughing at me.
His mom hollered for dinner. Everything seemed so fuzzy. But it seemed so right and wrong. Nick grabbed my hand and lead me into the dining room where I sat by him and his sister.
“The food looks yummy.” I said.
“I had mom make all your favorites. You are special, Amanda.” Nick said.
I turned to look at Nick. I couldn’t believe what he said. I knew I had heard that term before but where? This was so weird.
After dinner, Nick asked me to go for a walk with him. We walked a few blocks to a park and sat down on a bench with the moonlight shining down around us. Everything seemed so calm and perfect. I saw a swing and ran over to it which Nick walked behind me to push me on it.
Then a name popped in my head. Pete. I was starting to remember things but was still confused as to if I had dreamt them or not.
“Nick where is Pete?” I asked.
“Ah, you ask finally a question I can answer. He is fine.” Nick said cryptically leaning into my neck. I turned to see him with fangs and I jumped up out of the swings.
“You’re…You’re a…” I stammered.
“I’m already dead. I was a vampire but I am at rest now. I wanted to have a few moments with you, selfish I know. This isn’t real. It is a dream. I wanted to put your mind at rest so you wouldn’t worry about me and focus on the task at hand. I don’t have much time to stay here.” Nick said.
I remembered everything now and knew that this was a dream and a way that Nick was communicating with me. He did say he would always be with me in my heart.
“Then why are you here?” I asked.
“I come with a warning. Slayers have dreams about things and since you have figured out who Dracula is you need to know how to defeat him. You are lucky because you are a one of a kind slayer. You take up after your mother although she wasn’t as strong as you.” He said.
“So why isn’t she here talking to me? Can I talk to her too?” I asked.
“No. You already have. When you were little she came into your dreams to let you know she was with you. You just forgot because you were a kid at the time.” Nick explained.
“Will I remember this?” I asked.
“It is solely up to you. Amanda I am warning you of this; Pete and Brendon will die and you can’t stop it. If you defeat Dracula then all vampires will die and you will have saved the human race from vampires.” Nick said.
“No! I dreamed of us being together before. That can’t be! You are wrong!” I said trying to hit him but he just held my hands.
“I am sorry Amanda. I know you love him very much. I can’t stop it and I can’t fix it.” Nick said trying to console me.
“How do I defeat him?” I asked tears in my eyes. “Why do I have to lose people I love to this?” I said angrily.
“You will have to figure it out how to kill Dracula, except I will say this; your heart holds the key. And now I have already said too much. It is time for me to go, Red. “One more thing,” he said pulling me tighter and whispering in my ear, “One more thing will happen to you but don’t let it stop you from going after Dracula.” “You will know why you are special as Dracula says. I love you and am always in your heart.” He added.
Then I was awaken by Pete shaking me and telling me our plane was landing in a city I didn’t remember to then switch flights to Florida. I remembered everything and it hurt. I looked in Pete’s eyes. How was I to tell him he was going to die when and if I kill Dracula? Worse, how was I going to tell Brendon and Erelin when I get back?