Bite Me

Look At What The Cat Dragged In

(Pete's POV)
“Well look at what the cat dragged in.” I heard Patrick say as I snuck in the window upstairs. He waited up for me to return home and was sitting on my bed.

“Shouldn’t you be asleep?” I asked Patrick.

“Well you see, we need to talk about your disappearing act and how you hurt Amanda with your comments.” Patrick said scolding.

“She deserved it. How could she betray me like that?” I fired back.

“For one thing you are so stubborn. You left out one tiny detail. You didn’t show your memory of what you said Brendon did to you to her. So Amanda has her instinct, she senses Brendon is good. And that doesn’t make her a bad person. She didn’t know your history and look what you do. I was the one who told her to be careful. I told her Brendon might be playing both sides. I mean who’s to say he might be good Pete.” Patrick said.

“Don’t take her side. I don’t need you against me too.” I said.

“Pete, I’m not taking anyone’s side. But I am telling you, you should apologize to Amanda and explain to her what happened between you two guys. If you don’t, I’m afraid her curiosity may get the better of her. I can tell she’s stubborn too. Oh, and by the way here is your pass for Monday. It’s three am. I’m off to bed now.” Patrick said getting up and walking to his room.

“Yeah well, I’m not going!” I yelled out the doorway, not caring if I woke Andy and Joe up.

That was it then. Maybe Patrick was right. I should apologize but Amanda should too. She needs to listen to me. And maybe I should tell her about Brendon so that she will get that silly thought away that he’s a good guy like me. That’s all I need, competition. Wait, what am I saying? Oh it’s time for sleep. I’m just cranky right now and need my rest is all. And rest I shall in my own bed I haven’t slept in almost three months with my window shut and blinds secured tightly to not let a beam of sun come in.