Bite Me

Something Cryptic Is Coming Our Way

We woke up to find it was around six pm and I needed food. I left Pete at my apartment and ran down the street to a Taco Bell. I didn’t want to eat but I knew I had to. Well, Pete is leaving me too if I defeat Dracula so what else could hit me as Nick warned? I was glad to have a few minutes to think for myself. Maybe I could find a away to keep Pete and Brendon alive as vampires. Maybe Nick was wrong, but then again he wouldn’t have told me in my dream if he didn’t care about me.
After I ordered my food and walked back to my apartment I saw that Pete’s leg had fully healed and he didn’t have to limp on it anymore. He walked over to my kitchen table and sat down as I began to eat showing me his leg.
“Pete, I can do this, right?” I asked in between bites of food.
“Do what?” He asked.
“Do you really think I can defeat Dracula or do you think I will end up like my mother? I hate vampires. They have ruined my life.” I said angrily at the table.
“Hey, I know you can defeat him and you don’t hate me.” He said giving me a puppy dog look.
“I didn’t mean you, silly.” I said rolling my eyes.
“Beckett comes first. Oh, that reminds me. I better check my phone to see if the gang called. I know they have to be worried. I will call them for you.” He said getting up and heading over to my bed.
After I ate and he got off the phone we got in the rental car and drove over to Brian’s. I drove nervously as I got to his house. I looked at Pete for support.
“I got a hold of Joe who said he would pass it on to Bev that you were here. Amanda, I went ahead and told him about me and Brendon.” Pete said as we had pulled into Brian’s driveway.
“No, you didn’t!” I said shocked.
“I told him not to tell the others until I got back but I had to tell someone. He said that they were all worried about you and that Brendon had been acting weird today and that they were split into two groups to go patrolling.” Pete explained.
“Do you think that Brendon was warned too by Nick?” I asked.
“I don’t know, maybe.” He said getting out of the car.
I got out and ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell. No one answered so Pete knocked really hard on the door until we heard someone opening it. There was always sneaking in the back if we got no answer.
“Hello?” A woman in her early thirties said as she opened the door.
“Um, we are friends of Brian’s. Is he around?” I asked.
The woman studied me a bit and said oh you must be Nick’s ex, Amanda. I have heard so much about you and now I get to meet you. Come on in.” She said scaring me as I gave Pete a puzzled look.
“Brian you have company.” She said.
Brian came up from downstairs as we were led into the kitchen. His eyes got wide and puzzled because he knew that Nick was supposed to be in L.A. with me. But he gave me a hug anyways.
“Where is Nick? He is supposed to be with you. He told me he wouldn’t be back until tomorrow.” Brian said motioning us to sit in the living room.
“Before I start, who is this?” I bluntly asked.
“Oh, I am sorry. Where are my manners? This is my fiancée Leigh Anne.” Brian said starting to introduce us. “Leigh Anne this is Amanda which I told you about and Pete her boyfriend. She is the slayer and he is like Nick, a good vampire.” Brian said which gave me a shocked feeling.
“Fiancée? How much crap did you tell her Brian?” I asked.
“We have been together for two years but only Nick knew. I didn’t want to tell you just yet. I saved her from some vampires and we have been inseparable ever since.” He said.
“I am sorry Leigh Anne; it is just a shock to know Brian has kept you a secret from me.” I said.
“It is alright. Look, I will head on back to the bedroom. I need a nap anyways so you two can catch up on things. Nice to meet you guys.” She said heading down the hall.
“When were you going to tell me?” I asked.
“Soon. I wanted you and Nick to be in my wedding. We were going to get married in a simple ceremony here at the house.” He said smiling and proud.
“About Nick…” I trailed off.
“Yeah, where is my best friend?” He asked.
I looked at Pete who squeezed my hand and flat out told Brian everything that happened. I was surprised to have him hug me. He was upset but more worried about me.
“I knew that something would happen if he left here. I had a feeling. How are you holding up?” Brian asked.
“I’m not sure.” I said.
“There has been a lot of news to occur that we can’t begin to process yet.” Pete said. Pete began to tell Brian about the dreams we had.
“Somehow, I have a feeling Amanda, that you will be ok. Try not to worry.” He said getting up.
“Wait, so Nick has come to you?” I asked.
“No, but things aren’t what you think they are. Don’t ask me how I know. I just do. If you want any of Nick’s things you can have them. I am tired and I am sorry if I seem to creep you out, it is not my intention. I just seem so tired right now.” He said getting up and leaving the living room.
“Ok that was weird.” I said to Pete.
“Very. Do you want anything of Nick’s? Because I say we get it and go. He makes me think something bad is going to happen back home.” Pete said.
“I don’t understand. Brian has never acted like this before.” I said heading downstairs to Nick’s new room.