Bite Me

A Traitor Among Us

Pete and I headed into Nick’s room and noticed Nick’s things weren’t there. Instead everything was bagged up. I looked at Nick puzzled.
“This isn’t right Pete. It hasn’t been that long since Nick was here. He couldn’t have packed his stuff up.” I said going through bags of Nick’s clothes and photos out of the bags.
“Ok, this is creepy. Do you think Brian did this? He did come upstairs from here when that Leigh Anne chick led us into the kitchen.” Pete said remembering earlier.
I noticed one lone photo in a frame behind the bed hanging out so slightly like it was hidden but noticeable for someone who was looking for it to find. I went over to the head of the bed and grabbed it up off the floor from behind the bed. I studied it. It was of me and Nick at his prom.
“You look pretty in that picture.” Pete observed.
“Thanks but I don’t know. Why would this be here? I saw it and Brian missed it. It is as if Nick hid it for me to find.” I said staring intently at it.
All of a sudden I started to cry again. I was angry at how my life was turning out. I through the picture and smashed it against the wall watching it shatter.
I then bent down to pick up the picture and cut my hand on the glass. I felt numb. Then I noticed a note that had been behind the picture.
“Amanda, you are hurt. Here.” Pete said grabbing my right hand and wrapping it up with a piece of one of Nick’s t-shirts he grabbed out of a bag. “Don’t you feel that?” He asked me.
“I don’t feel anything anymore.” I said in a daze. I picked up the note after Pete bandaged my hand and read it.
The note read:
Amanda if you are reading this then you know about Dracula and that I am gone. I had dreams about being separated from you long before you first came back to town. I am off to help you with Natasha but I know my time is short. I feel that something is going to happen to Brian and therefore I haven’t been able to trust him lately. He was fine up until you left for L.A. Something may have happened but what I am not sure so I hid this note. Be careful around him and protect your friends. Love always, Nick.
“Read this.” I said handing Pete the note.
“Wow!” He said after reading it.
“Come on we need to tell Brian we are out of here and make sure he is alright. I didn’t notice anything suspicious about him except after we had told him about Nick. Then he scared me a bit.” I said heading back upstairs.
“Yeah, he and his girlfriend seemed weird to me.” Pete said following.
We headed to Brian’s door and knocked on it. There was no answer. How very strange.
“I have a bad feeling, Amanda. I feel funny.” Pete said.
“I’m sensing what you are feeling too.” I said watching Pete kick down Brian’s locked door.
We found both Brian and Leigh Anne in Brian’s bed asleep but they were in a deep sleep. Pete and I tried to wake them and couldn’t until I rolled over Brian and noticed on his right side of his neck a big bite mark.
“No! Pete, look!” I screamed.
Pete saw what I saw and checked Leigh Anne. She had bite marks too. They were under Dracula’s spell.
“Come on! He knows we are here! We have to get back to the airport and get out of here back to L.A. where you can be protected. We need to find Beckett for some answers fast!” Pete said pulling me along.
“But I can’t just leave them. Brian is my friend too.” I said.
“I know but you are the slayer. You aren’t ready to face Dracula yet and he wants you bad enough to start coming after your friends. Remember Bev and Joe dreaming of him. Somehow he found Brian. It is my job to protect you. I love you too much. Amanda you are coming and that is an order!” Pete said.
“I hate it when you use your vampire power over me. Just because you have bitten me doesn’t give you the right to boss me around!” I screamed trying to fight his control but losing.
Pete dragged me outside where we had vampire company. We both sensed it. Only they weren’t around our getaway car. So we hid as best as we could while Dracula’s vampires circled the neighborhood and climbed in our car quietly to make our getaway.
Once we took out of Brian’s driveway, Pete drove us all the way to my apartment still being cautious and looking out for any vampires following us. He ordered me to grab my bag as he grabbed his and then we took off to the airport. I was still angry at him. I wanted to help Brian. Would he be killed because of me?
“I don’t want to go. They could kill Brian and Leigh Anne.” I said to Pete.
“Look, I can’t go back there. It was a trap. They knew you would be coming and Beckett I am sure informed Dracula you would be coming here soon. We have to leave.” Pete said as he sped to get to the airport.
“I hate you! If I lose Brian, Pete…” I tried to say.
“I don’t think you will. He would have killed them already. Brace yourself for a long haul, Amanda. I feel it is only going to get worse from here.” He said.
I didn’t mean what I said to Pete. I loved him. I just want to do something for Brian. I don’t like leaving him there.
We finally arrived at the airport and got us two tickets back to L.A. We would have to catch a flight in between again like before. I did manage to bring the blanket again just in case Pete needed it.
As boarding time came I was hesitant to board the plane. I felt another bad feeling. Pete grabbed my arm lightly.
“Amanda, I feel it too but we need to go.” Pete said.
“It is what Nick warned me about in my dream, Pete. This is the thing I have to brace myself for and the one more shock that will happen to me.” I replied.
“Amanda they are about to call for last boarding call.” Pete said placing his hands on the sides of my face. “Look at me, we will get through this but our friends need us now, Amanda. You don’t want to lose them too, do you?” He asked with concern.
I felt a rush of emotions. What felt like forever, happened in only a few short seconds. I had flashes of memories of my dad and mom. Dracula had my dad and he was going to die protecting me. This was it. After all the hurtful things I said to him this is how I repay him.
“Final boarding call for flight 206.” The flight attendant said.
“Amanda, please? Think about Bev, Erelin, Sam, and the others. Dracula will have them too if you don’t come on.” He said snapping me back to reality.
I grabbed Pete’s hand and boarded the plane. I sat in a window seat and stared out the window. “I am so sorry. I won’t let you down, dad.” I whispered. Then my worst feelings were gone and I suddenly felt at peace.
“Pete, we have to warn the others. I think I will be focused from now on.” I said.
And why wouldn’t I be. I had so much rage inside of me begging to be escaped. What else could happen now?