Bite Me

A Coward Who Hides

Chapter 173
I looked around for Pete and saw the same mansion that was in our dreams the last time Dracula came to us. This is where my final battle will be I understood now. My mind raced for Pete. Did Dracula use Pete somehow to get to me through this bite? I grabbed my neck and proceeded through the mansion with caution.
I ran into a ballroom and studied it. This is where I will fight him. The grand staircase that led to the upper floor of the room was beautiful and I decided I needed to lead Dracula up there. I could push him or stake him through the railing.
“Amanda, I am sorry I bit you. He made me do it. I heard you but I couldn’t wake up.” I heard Pete whisper.
“Where are you?” I asked. I felt this was a trap. Dracula was being a coward trying to take everyone away I loved and hiding from me through dreams. He claims he wants to find me but in reality, he was trying to kill me through dreams.
“Dracula, I know you are here, lurking.” I said. “Show yourself now, coward. If you want me to face you here, then I will.” I said not afraid.
I felt this cold presence behind me and a cold feeling like fingers on my shoulders but as I turned around there was nothing. He was trying to scare me but it wasn’t going to happen. I wouldn’t let it because I can get hurt in my dreams and wake up with the pain of what happened.
“I will have you for a wife one way or another. If you want your other friends to live then you will do this.” He said.
“Um, how about no. You can’t even appear in this dream. How about I give you this; you know where I live, so be here in four days. This mansion is in L.A. somewhere. Otherwise you wouldn’t have used it here. I’m not stupid to your games. You want me then quit hiding and in four days come get me. I won’t run from you anymore. It’s not in me. I’m not the coward. And let Pete go.” I said.
“He will die anyway by me. Why do you want him around? I can kill him now if I want to.” Dracula hissed. I turned and still couldn’t see him.
“Because if you hurt him, then the deal is off and you won’t have your wife. And another slayer will take my place if you kill me who will be stronger and have knowledge through my journals to know how to defeat you. But I will say this. I won’t go down without a fight.” I said.
“Feisty are we?” Dracula said.
I saw Pete on the floor and grabbed him. I picked him up. “This dream is over.” I said.
“You have four days to say your goodbyes and finish any unresolved business. I will come for you.” He said.
Then, I woke up. I looked over at Pete. “Pete, wake up. He won’t hurt us anymore.” I replied.
“What happened?” He said all groggily. Then he saw my neck. “Did I do that?” He asked.
“You don’t remember?” I asked looking in his eyes. He really didn’t remember.
“No. I hurt you though?” He asked me touching my bite.
“It is alright.” I said kissing him.
“Dracula is giving me four days and then I must confront him.” I said.
“Wait, he came in your dreams?” Pete asked shocked.
“No, yours. You bit me and made me fall asleep. The only way to lure him out of our dreams and to stop hurting our friends is for me to be his wife in four days.” I said shrugging my shoulders.
“Amanda, I’m sorry, I…” He said holding me tightly.
“Don’t worry. He won’t come back and invade our dreams and I have protected our friends. It’s me he will have come final battle in four days. But I refuse to be his wife.” I said clinching my fists.
“I will be there to help and so will everyone else.” He replied.”
“I know you will.” I said getting up. “Only I must do this alone.” I said to myself. “I will get there before you, Pete.” I thought. “We should go get the others and warn them. How do you want to explain things to Erelin and Brendon?” I asked Pete.
“Very carefully. Although, I think Brendon already knows.” Pete added.