Bite Me

Another One Bites The Dust

“Guess what you lose and I want answers!” I said going after Beckett. “Oh, and Brendon, how many times do I have to save your butt?” I said smiling.
It was good to be out patrolling with my friends but I was also glad that Beckett was here. It is time to settle unfinished business. Tonight I would receive justice for Nick’s death.
Pete was standing beside me as we cornered Beckett. About that time, Bev, Joe, Sam, and Patrick finally arrived giving us much need help.
“It’s about time you showed up!” I heard Brendon say over to Joe.
“Hey, I couldn’t help it. I had a few customers lingering in the store.” Bev said jumping in and fighting off some dandies.
“Pete, you got it from here?” I asked Pete as we were attacking Beckett.
“I guess. I thought that this was your fight.” Pete said.
“It is but you told me you wanted your revenge long ago. I need to settle things with Natasha first.” I said giving him a “be careful” look.
“Aww, isn’t it sweet that you two are fighting over me.” Beckett said before I got a good decking in busting his lip before I left.
“Shut it! That was for Nick.” I said heading over to a car that Natasha was sitting on.
“I’m not here to fight you.” Natasha said.
“I don’t care. It is you and me and we are finishing this once and for all.” I said stake in hand.
“You don’t get it do you? Beckett is the one you are after. He killed Nick.” She said getting off the car and showing her fangs.
“True but you did change him to begin with. So I guess that makes you the killer.” I said.
“I don’t want to fight. Don’t you get it? Dracula wants you. Why not spend as much precious time with your boy toy over there while you can. Beckett has the answers you are looking for. I will be dead anyways once you defeat Dracula. Beckett used me to get what he wanted. Beckett thought he was Dracula’s right hand man but he failed. He means nothing to him. Beckett just doesn’t know it.” She said circling me.
“What are you talking about?” I said.
“You should have just let Beckett kill you while you had the chance. He liked you, you know. He has a fascination with you.” Natasha said. “I thought he loved me. But I was wrong.” She added.
“I’d say so.” I said watching her every move.
“If you succeed in killing Dracula, then all vampires will die. You already know this. But did Dracula tell you what happens if you fail? You see Beckett knows you are different than all the slayers. But he still wouldn’t have much power if he turned you. If you fail and Dracula bites you and turns you then your precious human world will be doomed.” Natasha began to explain.
“Why are you telling me this?” I asked still watching her every move. Everyone else was tuned out of my mind. I was curious to know all that she knows.
“You see hanging around Beckett, I learned a few things. Beckett has killed some of Dracula’s guys because he plays both sides. He wants power but not enough to destroy the world. If you kill all the humans then where would we turn for food?” She said.
“What does that have to do with me if I fail? Another slayer would just take my place.” I said.
“Ah, yes, but not as tough as you. You have endured a lot. I tried to kill you and failed. You have so many people who love and care about you and you keep it close. Your emotions help you fight. I’ve seen and studied you. Use it to defeat Dracula. But as I was saying if you fail, Pete will try to kill you and I don’t know if he could do that. You see the reason you are special is because if Dracula turns you, unlike any other slayer you are stronger, faster, and better than the rest. Take those powers and magnify them with vampire ones added along with Dracula by your side, no one would be able to be safe and no one could stop you.” She said.
“But I would rather die. I wouldn’t let him turn me.” I said.
“Just remember what I say.” Natasha said attacking me out of the blue. She knocked me down to the ground and grabbed my stake from my hands. I got up to grab her but saw that she was heading towards Pete and Beckett.
My mind raced as I ran over to them screaming for Pete to watch out. Then I saw my stake fly into the back of Beckett’s chest as Natasha staked him through his heart. He turned to her and whispered, “Traitor.” Then he looked at Pete and smiled. “It wasn’t you that killed me.” He said before turning to dust.
Then, Natasha took the stake and staked herself. Natasha then said, “Good luck.” Then she turned to dust.
“Are you ok?” Pete asked bruised a bit from his fight with Beckett.
“Yeah, I’m sorry you didn’t get your revenge.” I said.
“Maybe not, but Natasha did. Why did she do it?” Pete asked.
“Because out of all the crap she did, deep down somewhere, I think she really did love Nick at one time. Beckett stripped what was the only good thing in her away.” I said with Pete grabbing my hand.
Time with Beckett was over. In four days I would have to battle Dracula. I just wanted Pete to hold me.
“Everyone alright?” I asked turning around.
“Yeah, but those assholes ruined my car!” Erelin said.
“At least you aren’t hurt.” Brendon said trying to calm her.
“But who’s going to pay for this? I mean I can’t take it into the dealer and say oh a vampire punched my windows out.” She said all fired up.
“We will fix it. I have money, remember.” Brendon said.
I couldn’t fail. The world depended on me and so did my friends. It was nice to see us all together as a team again even if Erelin was a little pissed.