Bite Me

Me, Myself, The Enemy

Everyone was hungry after our big fight, so we decided to grab some pizzas and take them back to the guys’ place. Pete was leaving it all on me after we ate to tell everyone about Dracula. I was very nervous on how to tell them.
I wasn’t as hungry as everyone else and decided to start a workout going with the weapons and punching bags. Pete and Brendon sat not far from me on the floor drinking blood of course away from the others. I acted like I couldn’t overhear their conversation but I eavesdropped a bit as I worked out until the others finished eating.
“Pete, I have something to ask you. I had a dream the other night.” Brendon said.
“Yes, we are going to die if Amanda defeats Dracula. But you have four days to spend time with Erelin because that’s when Amanda is going up against him.” Pete said.
“Four days! How can that be?” Brendon asked.
I heard Pete explain everything and then I saw the look on Brendon’s face of shock, hurt, and anger. This was my fault. Yes, I had to go up against Dracula to save everyone but I can’t save Pete who I love with all my heart, or Brendon my close bud. It is going to kill Erelin when I tell her and everyone else this. But this just made is easier to go alone, up against Dracula. Pete would find me eventually by calling for me but hopefully then I will be close to defeating Dracula. I know that my friends have my back though in case I need them.
Then I saw Brendon pull out a box from his pocket after he looked to make sure Erelin wasn’t watching. I was in awe. He opened the box and revealed a beautiful diamond ring sort of like an engagement ring but not to Pete. I was about to cry. He loves Erelin very much. Because of me, my best friend is going to get her heart broken because I will be the one that kills Dracula, killing Brendon.
“Brendon you are going to giver her that?” Pete said examining the ring.
“Yeah, I want to give her something to remember me by. So she can keep me close.” He said.
“Here!” I said taking off my necklace and taking the ring out of Pete’s hand. I placed the gold chain of mine through the ring and handed it back to Brendon with tears starting to form in my eyes.
“Give it to her like this so she can keep you closer to her heart.” I said.
“Oh, Amanda. I don’t blame you. Please don’t cry for me. It is not your fault this is going to happen.” Brendon said hugging me.
“Yes it is. If and when I kill Dracula, you will die. Therefore it is my fault. If I could find a way to make you guys stay I would.” I said crying.
“Amanda, don’t do this to your self.” Pete said grabbing me. “Come on you can’t cry now. You need to tell the gang what is going on in the next four days.” Pete said wiping away my tears and kissing me.
“Your idea will work very well.” Brendon said placing the ring back into the box. “Thank you.” He said kissing my cheek.
“I am going to miss you too, Brendon. Without you two to fight and drive me crazy who am I going to threaten?” I said laughing a bit remembering how I met Brendon and how Pete hated him.
We all walked over to where everyone else was laughing and talking. Erelin was ranting about her car again and it made Brendon sit beside her. He tried to calm her down.
“Baby, look, I know someone who knows someone who can fix your car tomorrow morning for you. Just get me up to call them and you can take it to their shop.” Brendon said.
“Really? That’s awesome!” Erelin said almost toppling Brendon over on Sam as she grabbed him.
“Whoa, I am sitting here.” Sam said pushing Brendon off her with Patrick’s help. Everyone was laughing.
“Hey guys, I have something to say and it isn’t going to be pretty.” I said.
“Well spill it already.” Andy said.
“How do I put this? Dracula appeared in Pete’s dream earlier and I have to fight him. I know where his hideout is and where he will be.” I said standing up with Pete behind me; his hands on my shoulders.
“Well we already know you have to fight him.” Sam said.
“Yeah.” Patrick said. “Oh, and we are glad that you and Pete are back and safe.” He added.
“Thanks. I needed to find Brian and tell him in person about Nick but Dracula got to him.” I said explaining away. I explained all about our situation in Florida except Pete and Brendon leaving us. I wasn’t ready to talk about that yet.
“Dracula has Brian?” Bev asked me.
“Yes. He isn’t a vampire but he is under his control so we need to be careful if we see him.” I said warning them.
“Anyway here is some news Natasha told me before she staked herself.” I said grabbing Pete’s attention. I hadn’t told him yet about our conversation.
“Dracula wants me because I am the strongest slayer. If he kills me and makes me a vampire, then the world is doomed. I will become his bride and no one will be able to stop me because I will have my slayer abilities as well as the vampire ones making me a stronger vampire. Not to mention Dracula will be by my side.” I said looking away.
“But you aren’t like that. We know you will fight your hardest before you would let that happen.” Bev said.”
“I know but if I fail at killing him…” I said.
“No, Amanda. You have a good soul. Even if he did make you a vampire, who is to say that you turn out to be good like us?” Brendon said.
“I wish it worked like that, Brendon but we won’t know and Pete if it does happen that I am bad, you won’t be able to stop me.” I said leaning into him.
“I would try.” He said.
“I know you would. You would have to stop me. Because Dracula wants to make everyone vampires in this world and he wants to do it through me. That was and is his plan. That is why I am special to him.” I explained getting frustrated. I took Andy’s glass and threw it against the kitchen counter smashing it to bits.
“I hate this. Everything is my fault.” I said.
“Amanda, you are not alone. We will all help you fight.” Joe said.
“I haven’t even gotten to the worse part yet.” I said.
“What would that be?” Chrissy asked.
“I have four days until I must go up against Dracula.” I said.
“Wait, four days?” Erelin asked.
“And it doesn’t get better. Nick came to me in my dreams, Pete’s, and Brendon’s dreams.” I said.
“Amanda, don’t.” Brendon said.
“No, Brendon she needs to say it.” Pete said.
“Say what? What is Amanda trying to say, Brendon?” Erelin asked all confused.
“Erelin, I, uh…” He said looking at me.
“Pete and Brendon have four days left and then they die if I kill Dracula. When I defeat Dracula, all vampires die.” I said looking away from everyone.
“What!” Everyone yelled.
“No! Tell me it isn’t true.” Erelin said looking at me and then at Brendon. “You are lying. This is all a joke.” She said getting up.
“No, this is what I wanted to tell you earlier, Erelin.” Brendon said getting up as well.
“Nick is just wrong. You aren’t going to leave me.” Erelin said in denial.
“Baby, I…” Brendon said getting cut off.
“Save it! This is your fault!” Erelin said coming to attack me. Brendon grabbed her though with her saying, “Get off me!” “Don’t touch me.” She said with tears coming from her eyes. Brendon grabbed her anyway and she collapsed in his arms sobbing.
“I can’t take this.” I said heading to the front door and bolting.