Bite Me

For You To Be Close

(Brendon’s POV)
Amanda bolted and Pete didn’t try to stop her. Erelin was starting to calm down and I was planning on taking her home. I wanted to give her the ring I bought.
“Pete, aren’t you going to go after Amanda?” Chrissy asked.
“No. She needs to be alone right now. She has the world on her shoulders. Amanda needs time to think and clear her head.” Pete said sitting down. “She will be alright.” He added.
Everyone was in shock over what was going to happen and I had enough. Everyone was talking crazy because they didn’t know what exactly was going to happen to me and Pete. Erelin all the while sat in silence.
“I’m glad Amanda took off. It’s her fault you are leaving me.” Erelin said out of the blue.
“Erelin you don’t mean that.” I said getting up.
We hugged everyone and said we would be back tomorrow. Erelin and I left Pete’s and headed to her busted out car. I told her I would have it fixed in the morning.
“I meant it earlier with what I said, Brendon.” Erelin said as I drove her to her apartment.
“Look, she didn’t know this was going to happen. If anyone is to blame it is Dracula’s. If she defeats him then the world is rid of all the vampires.” I said to her.
“Buy it’s not fair. You and Pete aren’t bad. Why do we have to suffer?” She asked about to cry again.
“Beckett was a vampire, Erelin. He made Pete and I what we are. There isn’t any changing of that. We are what we are only with souls but we still are vampires. I was only on borrowed time anyway. Don’t you get it? Without Amanda, I may be dead right now and you never would have met me. Pete hated me and I was ready to die. She stepped in and changed that between Pete and me. Do you want to take back Amanda ever hooking us up?” I said upset at Erelin.
“No! I would never want or say that. It’s just I don’t know. Four days is not enough time to say goodbye.” She said as we got to or cozy apartment.
“I know, love, I know.” I said sighing.
We got out of the car and walked into the house silently. We just sat in the kitchen for a long time. Finally I turned to her in the kitchen and asked her if she was still upset with Amanda. Her answer was no but she was a little hesitant still. But it was a start. I didn’t want to leave here with her mad at one of her best friends. They needed to be here for each other.
“Erelin, I want you to close your eyes and open your hands.” I said.
“Brendon it is after 3 now and I am tired and want to go to bed.” She said looking so worn out and exhausted.
“Just do this for me, please.” I said batting my eyes and flashing a cheesy grin.
“Oh, stop it you! You win! How can I not resist that silly face and grin of yours?” She said laughing. It was nice to see her laugh again.
“You look like you are peeking. No Peeking!” I scolded her playfully.
“I’m not!” She said laughing as I tickled her.
“Alright now you can open them.” I said placing the ring box in her hands.
“What’s this?” She said opening the box.
“You’ll see.” I said excited.
“Oh, Brendon, it’s beautiful!” She exclaimed jumping out of her chair. She practically almost knocked me out of my chair as she grabbed me.
“And you see this chain it is on?” I asked.
“Yes.” She replied.
“This is so you can keep me close to your heart after I am gone. That was Amanda’s idea. The gold chain belongs to her.” I said placing the ring necklace around her neck. “So you need to give her some slack. But I however picked out the ring.” I said kissing Erelin’s neck after I clasped the necklace.
“You better have. I love it. Thank you so much. I love you, Brendon.” Erelin said turning and kissing my lips.
“I love you too, Erelin.” I said kissing her back.
“I will always wear it to keep you close…” She said.
“To remember me by.” I finished.
The doorbell rang and then a knock occurred at the door. “Who could that be?” Erelin asked. I walked over to the door and looked out the peephole to see it was Amanda at his late hour.
I opened the door and was shocked. Amanda looked like she had been through hell and I could smell the blood from her wounds. That wasn’t good.
“Amanda?” I asked her. “Amanda you look like hell.” I said.
She asked if I could come in and I said yes. She took two steps into my place and collapsed into my arms.
“Erelin, call Pete. Do it now!” I yelled before Amanda collapsed.
“Why, what happened?” She asked running into the living room.
“Oh my gosh! Is she alright?” Erelin asked as I laid Amanda down on the couch.
“I don’t know just call Pete.” I said.
“Got it!” Erelin said grabbing her cell and calling Pete.
“I need bandages too. And ice! Also I need a warm washcloth.” I yelled.
“Alright, Brendon I can only do one thing at a time while I am on the phone.” She said.
“What have you gotten yourself into this time, Amanda?” I sighed. “Well as many times as you have saved my hide I guess it is my time to help you again.” I said.