Bite Me

Sleep Sleep Little Darling

(Pete’s POV)
“Erelin is Amanda there?” I asked on my cell phone when Erelin called me. I felt Amanda get hurt and she ignored my calling for her somehow. She is one tough chick but I am really worried because I don’t feel her anymore right now.
“Pete you need to come over here now! Amanda is pretty banged up and is out on our couch. She looks like her head has been rammed into something and her hand had been smashed through glass. Brendon is trying to fix her up and get the glass out of her right hand.” Erelin said upset.
“I’m on my way.” I said hanging up my phone.
“Why does she do this to me? I know she is going through a lot but still why does she insist on picking fights? I get it she is mad, hurt, angry, and upset but jeez.” I thought to myself.
I took Patrick’s car and drove over there and Brendon let me in. Amanda did look like she had been through something rough. I could smell the dried blood on her shirt and her wound above her eyebrow was healing. Brendon had her hand wrapped up and bandaged.
“Thank you guys for taking care of her.” I said trying to fight tears. It takes a lot for something to make me cry. I’m not a macho guy but I don’t usually cry over things.
“No problem. Pete did she do this because of me lashing out on her?” Erelin asked.
“No, I don’t think so. She is just going through her emotions. I think she blames herself for what is going to happen but it isn’t her fault. I can’t seem to make her understand.” I said.
“I made it worse.” Erelin said.
“Hey, no you didn’t. You were just upset like Amanda was when she found out she was going to lose me. It’s not your fault she went out and did this to herself.” I said hugging Erelin. “Brendon how bad was her hand?” I asked.
“It started to heal after I got all the glass out but it may be a few hours before it fully heals up. It was hard trying to clean it up. There was so much blood.” Brendon said.
“Yes, but you fought off your urge to bite her. And for that I am proud of you.” Erelin said hugging all over Brendon and giving him a kiss.
“Shh. I think she is trying to wake up.” I said.
“Pete. Pete, I can’t feel you anymore.” Amanda mumbled falling back into a deep sleep.
“What does that mean?” Brendon asked.
“I don’t know but it is best if I take her back to her place.” I said picking her up.
Brendon helped me get Amanda in the car and I headed over to her place and carried her up to her bed. She would stir every now and then. I pulled her blinds down and decided I would stay until she wakes up. I wanted to tell her some things about how she nearly broke my heart getting beat up and me not there to stop it and that she didn’t have to run from her problems. But it is best to let her sleep things off. I can’t believe I will only have 3 more days with her now. I crawled up beside her and listened to her breathe. I wish we didn’t have to say goodbye soon and that we could stay together forever.