Bite Me

To Tell Or Not To Tell That Is The Question

It was now Sunday morning. I just woke up to another lovely nightmare. “Maybe I should tell Pete my dreams. Do vampires dream?” I wondered.
This time was like the last one. First it was Nick haunting my dreams now my mother. Maybe I’m having nightmares because I miss them or maybe I’m having guilt. I know Pete said it wasn’t my fault what happened to Nick but now I dream of mom and I remember being taken away from her I think. Great, I couldn’t help Nick and now I couldn’t help my mother.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Maybe some breakfast and a hot shower should do the trick.” I thought aloud. My mind wandered as I walked downstairs. “Would Pete even talk to me again? No, let’s not focus on that. I do have to say that Pete looked pretty hot fighting vampires. I didn’t mind fighting beside him at all. Ok let’s not go there either, Amanda.” I reminded myself.

Bev was no where to be seen when I made it to the kitchen. I found a note she had left me on the kitchen counter. It said she had some more meetings and trainings going on for the employees and that Jackie would be there to not wait up for her. Hmm, I just hope she’s careful coming home tonight. I felt sorry for her in that she had to work on a Sunday. But Jackie was like that.

“Looks like breakfast party of one.” I said pulling out a bowl from a cabinet and getting some milk and cereal out. “I guess I will clean today and maybe go to bed early for my meeting tomorrow. I don’t think Pete would want me out tonight anyway.” I sighed.

(Patrick's POV)
“Hey, Patrick, look!” Joe said pointing into Pete’s room. “Since when has he last slept in there?” He added.

“Well apparently last night. I guess even though he’s stubborn in some ways, Amanda has definitely gotten through to him in one level.” I said.

“Hey what are we all looking at guys?” Andy said coming out of his room.

“It’s Pete. He’s sleeping in his own bed, in his own room.” Joe said.

“No way, he is!” Andy said peering into Pete’s room.

“Well let’s let him sleep. We don’t want him to wake up cranky. I say we head out for some breakfast. Then I don’t know. I’m just tired of this place right now.” I said walking downstairs.

“I’m up for it.” Andy said.

“I’m game.” Joe said.

(Pete's POV)
I had awoken to find the guys were gone. It felt nice to be sleeping in my bed again. And I was actually up in the day like a normal person. I guess Amanda was right after all about me. I hate being a vampire so much, why live like they do?

I thought about Amanda a lot since I have been up. I did treat her pretty bad last night. I should go see her tonight and apologize if she will let me. And while the boys aren’t here I can secretly do some research on Amanda on my computer.

The first thing I did was do a search on her family. Mainly her mother she barely knew. If I could help her find out about her mother’s death then maybe I could score some points with her. But what I found was something interesting.

I found that her mother was murdered according to police reports in Kentucky and that they couldn’t find her boyfriend. Amanda, however was found at a shelter and then sent to live at her aunt’s house. So how did she get to the shelter if she was only six? And how come Amanda doesn’t remember this boyfriend? Also according to the reports, Amanda’s mom had bite marks on her neck and severe cuts and bruises all over her body.
Vampires. Her mother was killed by vampires.
Ok, think Pete. How do you tell Amanda about her mom and that she is somehow tied into all this? I don’t want to hurt her. Then I found something else interesting when I searched her mom’s name again. I found that her mom was part of a line of vampire slayers. Her family is one of many, the slayer line switches to. So this explains why Amanda has all these abilities. She’s a vampire slayer.

One slayer dies, another is called. When the last slayer died, Amanda was chosen. She became a slayer on her prom night. That explains it. But that also means Nick is alive like me. He had to be there. She said she saw him but everyone told her she was dreaming. He was protecting her and now I know part of the truth. He blocked most everything he could to protect her and that means I can temporarily block memories or manipulate the truth as well.

I get it now. Amanda has had all these dreams all along trying to warn her of things. It’s just taken until now, a traumatic like event with her getting bitten, to release her abilities that were forgotten. She doesn’t even know what she is thanks to Nick.

So I guess the question now is: How do I tell Amanda all this? If I do will I lose her? Will she go back to Nick? I can’t let that happen. I don’t want to lose her. I think I’m falling for her, hard.