Bite Me

Big Plans For The Scooby Gang

(Bev’s POV)
Well, we now only have one more day which is today, until the big battle comes. I think I will make plans for all of us to go out to eat tonight before everyone goes their separate ways to prepare for what is to happen tomorrow night. I want us all to be together one last time all happy. I just can’t get over that my best friend is going to lose another one of her loves.

“Joe can you call everyone and tell them to meet us, here tonight around seven for dinner. I want to treat everyone tonight for dinner somewhere expensive and nice.” I said sitting in the boys’ kitchen drinking some coffee. Joe was watching tv.

“Sure, hon. But how are you going to take everyone out. I mean I know you have a nice job and all but that adds up to a lot that I know you don’t have. Oh, wait; you want me to help out as well.” Joe said rolling his eyes.

“Oh, it will be fun. Everyone will be together one last time. Our friends are worth it.” I said. “Please?” I said batting my eyes to make him laugh.

“Ok, for you and for them. I don’t mind helping you pay for it and calling everyone for you. But what are you going to do now?” Joe asked me.

“Well, when you call Pete, tell him that he and Amanda are to be decent because I will be coming over in an hr to shower and change for tonight. I don’t want to see any surprises.” I said laughing.

Joe called everyone who thought it was an excellent plan. Erelin and Brendon would be a little late at the restaurant we were to choose tonight. We just had to call them to let them know later where we were going to eat. According to Joe, Brendon apparently whisked her away to some private beach. Now I know why Brendon had me schedule her off so many days and yet she didn’t even realize it. I guess though I wouldn’t have either because I would have just been happy to be off and spend as much time with my man as I could as well if it was me in that situation.

As for me, I came back to mine and Amanda’s apartment to find they were in her room with the door closed. So needless to say I didn’t need to ask how they were doing. I grabbed my best casual clothes I could find and hit the shower. I finished getting ready and then headed into the kitchen to find Amanda dressed in her pajamas still, with no Pete beside her.

“Hey!” I said giving her a hug.

“Hey.” She said back.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Oh, the usual. I have had so much fun in the last couple of nights that soon it will all be gone and become nothing but a memory.” Amanda said looking down.

“That’s why I want all of us to get together tonight. I want us all to sit, eat, talk and laugh.” I said.

“Thank you, Bev. It is a good idea. It’s just that…” She trailed off.

“It’s just what?” I asked her. I watched Amanda move over to a barstool in the kitchen and have a cup of coffee in her hand. Amanda doesn’t like coffee so it is odd to see her drinking some.

“Oh, never mind. It’s not important. Don’t worry about it.” She said.

I didn’t want to press the matter. I wanted her to talk to me. I know she knows she can at anytime but it was her choice not to tell me what was bothering her.

“So where is Pete?” I said laughing. “Shouldn’t he be following you around? You two have kicked me out of here for what three days now?” I said.

“Yeah, he is upstairs on my computer. I can’t figure out why though.” Amanda replied.

“Maybe he wants to talk to his fans one last time.” I said. “Oh, I didn’t mean that the way…never mind.” I said feeling bad.

“Hey, no, don’t worry about it. But that is probably what he is doing. You know yesterday I tried to log on and find my journal entries but I found that they were missing or deleted somehow.” Amanda said really calm which was weird.

“How?” I asked.

“I don’t know but Pete told me not to worry about them and that maybe I wasn’t looking in the right spot for them or something.” She said sipping her coffee.

“Don’t you think that is odd?” I asked.

“What’s odd?” She asked.

“Pete telling you that you shouldn’t worry about them. That was important to you.” I said thinking something wasn’t right about that. He should have tried to help her find them on the internet. Pete knew those were important for Amanda.

“Oh, no worries.” She said smiling. This was weird but if she says that there are no worries then I can’t complain.

“Oh, before I head back over to where Joe is, I need to ask you something.” I asked as I grabbed a muffin from the counter.

“Sure.” She replied smiling now.

“Why are you drinking coffee? You never liked coffee.” I bluntly came out and said.

“You know, I don’t know. I was just in the mood for it which is very odd. I do hate it but you know I like the taste of this brand.” She said acting funny.

“Well, ok, but seriously, if something is bothering you, you will let me know?” I asked before I left the apartment.

“Yes. Thank you, Bev. Now go pounce on Joe. I’m sure he misses you. I’m fine.” Amanda said finishing her coffee and heading upstairs.

I just shook my head. There was nothing I could do to get her to talk to me and I just knew something was off about her today. I could feel it. I don’t think Pete necessarily has anything to do with her acting weird but something is up. Maybe she will be better tonight. And with that thought I left, heading back to Joe’s.