Bite Me

Out Of My Mind

I woke up from a bad dream I couldn’t remember. It felt like everything I had loved was taken away from me. And it left me in a funky mood. I couldn’t explain it.

I looked over at Pete who was sleeping peacefully. I saw that my alarm clock read it was after nine am. I sat up in bed and just felt weird. Maybe it was just my nerves playing tricks on me because of tomorrow night being the big day to fight Dracula.

I felt like I was here but my mind felt trapped elsewhere; like I should be elsewhere. I am guessing that the way I feel is from my dream but I don’t remember anything about it. As I got up to grab my pajamas I glanced over at Pete again. Usually he is up before me. I don’t want to bother him with my weird feelings.

Pete’s phone went off and woke him up. He scrambled out of bed to find it amongst our clothes pile from last night. I smiled at watching him try to find it and I had a perfect view of him. As Pete had found it and was talking to whomever, naughty thoughts swept through my mind once again and I stood over behind him and started caressing his back and kissing him behind his ears.

“Well, good morning beautiful.” Pete said turning and responding to my attention I was giving him. “Are we feeling frisky today?” He asked with a huge smile.

“Maybe.” I said giving him a mischievous grin. “I was just enjoying your view.” I said as he pulled me close. “Who was that?” I asked.

“That was Joe. He said Bev is coming over soon and for us to be decent. She doesn’t want any surprises as she comes over to shower. Bev wants to take us out to dinner tonight. She wants us all to be together one last time before tomorrow.” Pete said holding me tight.

“Is that so? Well, I’m already in my pajamas. You better put some pants on, although it is such a shame to do so.” I said pouting.

“I think we have some time to have some fun before she gets here.” He said taking my cami off.”

“I like that idea!” I said as he placed me on the bed carefully pulling my pajama bottoms off and then my underwear.

An hour went by and we had lost track of time. I heard the shower running and realized Bev was here. I got up and put my pajamas back on and threw Pete his pants.

“Bev’s here.” I said.

“I think I am going to use your computer for a bit.” Pete said as he got up to put his pants on.

“Why? Can you find my journal entries while you are at it?” I asked.

“Amanda.” He said walking over to me and looking in my eyes. I suddenly had a headache again. “Amanda, I told you not to worry about your journals.” He said.

“I am not worried about my journals.” I said to him before grabbing my head.

“Amanda, what is wrong?” Pete asked.

“Nothing. My head just hurts a bit.” I replied.

“Are you sure you are alright? You look pale suddenly.” Pete replied.

“I will…I will be alright. I am going to go get some coffee and see Bev for a minute.” I said.

“But you don’t drink coffee.” Pete said confused.

“I am suddenly in the mood for it? I don’t know, Pete. I just want some.” I said kissing Pete. I opened the door and turned to see Pete giving me a puzzling look.

The truth was, my head hurt and I don’t feel like myself. I was fine up until the computer bit and then bam, I had a headache. Then the feelings I felt this morning are occurring again. I feel like I am not me. Why was I going to drink coffee? I hate coffee. I have thoughts that aren’t mine. It’s like someone is telling me what to do but isn’t.

I walked to the kitchen and made me a pot of coffee. I knew I would only drink a cup but maybe Bev would take some. Why couldn’t I shake these bad feelings?

I saw Bev walk into the kitchen as I poured me a cup of coffee. She was smiling and wearing something casual which meant I had to for tonight. I liked to go out and dress nice.

“Hey!” Bev said giving me a hug.

“Hey.” I said back.

“What’s wrong?” Bev asked.

“Oh, the usual. I have had so much fun in the last couple of nights that soon it will all be gone and become nothing but a memory.” I said looking down.

“That’s why I want all of us to get together tonight. I want us all to sit, eat, talk and laugh.” Bev said.

“Thank you, Bev. It is a good idea. It’s just that…” I trailed off afraid to tell her what is bothering me.

“It’s just what?” She asked me.

“Oh, never mind. It’s not important. Don’t worry about it.” I said sitting down on a barstool.

“So where is Pete?” Bev said laughing. “Shouldn’t he be following you around? You two have kicked me out of here for what three days now?” She said.

“Yeah, he is upstairs on my computer. I can’t figure out why though.” I replied.

“Maybe he wants to talk to his fans one last time.” She said. “Oh, I didn’t mean that the way…never mind.” Bev said uneasy.

“Hey, no, don’t worry about it. But that is probably what he is doing. You know yesterday I tried to log on and find my journal entries but I found that they were missing or deleted somehow.” I said really calm.

“How?” She asked.

“I don’t know but Pete told me not to worry about them and that maybe I wasn’t looking in the right spot for them or something.” I said sipping my coffee.

“Don’t you think that is odd?” She asked.

“What’s odd?” I asked.

“Pete telling you that you shouldn’t worry about them. That was important to you.” Bev said concerned.

“Oh, no worries.” I said smiling.

“Oh, before I head back over to where Joe is, I need to ask you something.” She asked as she grabbed a muffin from the counter.

“Sure.” I replied smiling now.

“Why are you drinking coffee? You never liked coffee.” She bluntly came out and said.

“You know, I don’t know. I was just in the mood for it which is very odd. I do hate it but you know I like the taste of this brand.” I said lying.

“Well, ok, but seriously, if something is bothering you, you will let me know?” She asked before she left the apartment.

“Yes. Thank you, Bev. Now go pounce on Joe. I’m sure he misses you. I’m fine.” I said finishing my coffee and heading upstairs.

As I walked upstairs I felt Bev was worried about me. Am I acting funny in front of Pete and Bev? Can they tell that something was off about me? I feel so confused.

Then a thought popped into my head. I needed to pack a bag with some workout clothes to practice over at Pete’s. It would be a good idea if I stayed the night over in his bed so we could practice together tomorrow morning. Yes, that sounded great. I could fall sleep and still wake up with him beside me. But why do I still have these lingering feelings and thoughts. Am I losing my mind?