Bite Me

I'm Holding On To Love To Save My Life

(Pete’s POV)
I didn’t want to bite her unwillingly this way but something was going on with Amanda and this is the only way I can find out. She doesn’t remember much and she isn’t telling me willingly what is eating at her.

I saw Amanda’s dreams from last night. Dracula had appeared to her and he bit her. No. I was beginning to hear and see everything that happened to her through her eyes.

“I thought you were to leave me alone until the battle.” Amanda said.

“Oh, I guess I lied. I want to make you miserable then you are now. I want you to drive a wedge between everyone so it is easier for your friends to hate you and you choose to be with me. I want to take away everything that is important to you.” Dracula said standing behind Amanda.

“I’m not going to do it. I won’t. My friends give me strength and count on me.” Amanda said turning to face Dracula.

“Oh, you will.” He said trying to lure her closer to him.

“It is not going to work. You have no control over me.” She said.

Then I watched him start to fight with her. She tried to get away and fight back but he was stronger. He grabbed her and forced her up against a wall. All the while Amanda tried to fight his grasp.

“I won’t let you take me.” She said.

“I know. That is why I am going to do this.” He said with his fangs out attempting to bite her on the opposite side of her neck that I had bit.

“No!” She screamed but failing to break free.

“Now you will do what I say. And that is to come between everyone you love. You will not be yourself and you will not remember this dream.” He said letting Amanda go. “Your neck will heal normally and no one will know what I have done.” He said rubbing her neck.

Amanda just stood there and said, “I understand.” Then that was when Dracula had made her forget and wake up starting her day all wrong.

I heard a faint whisper from Amanda that snapped me back to reality. “Pete, please stop.” She said.

I was still biting Amanda and what had seemed forever lasted only a few minutes. I was so upset at Dracula that somehow I didn’t realize what I was doing. I was beginning to feel weaker and had let go of Amanda. When I did I found Amanda unconscious.

“No!” I cried out. This wasn’t supposed to happen. I didn’t mean to take too much. But yet somehow I knew she would be alright. I was feeling weak which meant somehow she would be stronger. I gave her some of my strength. Wow.

“Amanda, wake up.” I said holding her unconscious frame against me.

“You need to wake up, please.” I said. I listened to her breathing which was shallow for a bit.

“Pete, can I have the number of the bus that ran over me?” She asked all groggily.
Amanda was going to be ok. I was very relieved to know. I smiled at her.

“What did you do? Why are you smiling at me and why do I feel different?” She asked.

“I found out why you were acting strangely and it won’t happen again.” I told Amanda.

“Wait, I’m remembering Dracula.” She said with memories of her dream flooding back to her.

“Pete, I am so sorry. I was weak. I tried to fight but…” She said with tears in her eyes.

“Shh, it is alright now.” I said holding her.

“I wanted to tell you but I couldn’t.” She said. “Wait, you feel different to me. Pete what did you do? Why do I feel stronger suddenly after you…bit me?” She said stepping back away from me. “Why do you feel weaker to me? Answer me.” Amanda demanded.

“When I bit you I found out why you acted the way you did. I unlocked your dream that Dracula tried to block and in the process I transformed some of my strength to you because I was so enraged somehow. You will be better and faster.” I said smiling.

“Pete, no. I need you. And I need you for tomorrow.” She said placing her hands on my shoulders.

“I need you to live.” I said looking in her concerned eyes. “You need to be strong to fight Dracula and well I don’t need my strength for much longer so there you go. A gift from me.” I said placing my hands on both of her cheeks.

“But how?” She asked.

“I don’t know. I just know I did it; from one good vampire to the slayer.” I said wiping away her tears. “I love you and I can’t say it enough. Actually I feel like I haven’t said it enough. I love you. I love you. I love you.” I said trying to make Amanda smile.

“Oh, Pete.” She said grabbing me and kissing me, making my toes curl up and the urge to want to take her back to my place a perfect thought.

“Come on. We better get you back inside and cleaned up.” I said holding her hand.

“Yes. After the way I have been acting, I am sure everyone wants to know what was up.” Amanda said as we walked back into the restaurant.

After she cleaned up in the bathroom, we walked hand in hand back to the table. I don’t think we have ever felt more connected than before. I don’t think I have ever cared for anyone in my life as much as I do for Amanda and I am counting on her to save the world.

“Well it’s about time!” Joe said.

“Amanda?” Erelin said.

“I’m back!” Amanda said with everyone getting up to hug Amanda except Brendon.

“Thank goodness here comes our food.” Sam said as she saw the waiter bring our food.

“You guys weren’t gone very long.” Patrick said sitting back down.

“I know but it seemed like forever.” I said winking at Patrick for he would know I had to bite Amanda to find out what was wrong.

“Brendon may I see you over here?” Amanda asked pointing to the corner of the room.

“I guess?” He asked looking over at Erelin.

“Amanda?” Erelin said giving Amanda a stern warning look.

“Relax.” I said over to Erelin.

“Brendon, I am sorry for trying to attack you. I wasn’t myself but I am better now. I don’t want anything to happen to you and you better treat Erelin better tonight. I do mean what I said earlier about hurting her though. If you do I will come after you tomorrow before the battle.” Amanda said laughing.

“So, you are ok with me biting her?” He asked cautiously.

“Only if you control yourself and don’t hurt her.” She said.

“You got it!” He said smiling. “I have my best friend back!” He said hugging Amanda.

“Aw, look Andy! It’s a Kodak moment!” Joe said to Andy.

“Yeah, looks like Erelin needs to pry her man off of Amanda.” Andy said kidding.

“Guys, for one minute can you two quit?” Erelin said pointing a thing of bread at them like a weapon.

“We surrender!” They said in unison.

Amanda explained what happened to her over dinner but left out me biting her thing. I was happy on that. I didn’t want Dracula to find out in case he invaded our friends dreams again for information.

After dinner we all headed back to my place to talk for a bit, and then everyone went their separate ways. Patrick went over to Sam’s. Joe went with Bev. Brendon and Erelin of course went back to their place. Chrissy took Andy to her place. Everyone was happy and Amanda and I were alone finally.

“Pete, after today I still want to say I am sorry.” Amanda said to me.

“No worries, remember.” I said to her.

Amanda then walked over slowly with a sparkle in her eye. I gave her a confused look because I wasn’t sure what she wanted. But she ended up luring me to my room which let me know what she wanted.

Amanda walked over to me and whispered in my ear as she undid my tie and unbuttoned my vest. She said, “Let’s pretend we are on that honeymoon we both want and be as loud as we can be.”

Now me being a guy was all for it. I grabbed her and started to undress her as she did me. This was our last night together. Why not make it count?