Bite Me

A Window Visitor

Well, I’m finally done cleaning the apartment up. All the laundry is done and now I’m wiped out. I can’t believe it is almost seven-thirty. My, how time flies when you are busy. I guess I should turn on some music and see if I can do some more research on vampires and such.

I started to search vampires with souls again first, because I wanted to see if I could find anything I missed from yesterday. I ended back up to that journal by that Chris guy again. Why does his name suddenly stand out to me? I decided I would read some more of what he wrote. I knew he added Dracula’s name in there but I thought maybe he was writing a story to kind of warn people but disguising it somehow by using Dracula’s name so people would read it.

I found a part on vampire slayers. I was about to read it when I heard a knock on my window. Very odd, because that means that whoever it was had to climb my fire escape. I lifted up my blinds to see Pete sitting in front of my window.

“What are you doing here?” I said opening up the window.

“Well, I came to talk.” Pete said.

“If it’s another lecture, forget it.” I said walking back over to my desk.

“No, no lecture.” Pete said.

“Oh.” I replied back.

“Um, Amanda?” he said.

“Oh, yeah a vampire can’t come in unless they are invited just like in the movies. Hmm, do I really want you in my bedroom?” I said getting up and walking over to the window.

“Look, I know you are hurt at what I did. That’s why I am here, to apologize.” Pete said giving me a sad puppy dog look.

“Ok. You can come in as long as you quit giving me that look.” I said laughing.

“See, was that so bad?” He asked coming in through my window.

“You are something else Peter Wentz.” I said sitting on my bed.

(Pete's POV)
I made it into her room and was glad to see her smiling at me. I took every detail in of her room, memorizing it. I wanted to know what she likes. I found a Lifehouse poster on the back of her bedroom door.

“Now what is this? No Fall Out Boy love?” I said to her picking at her.

“Hey. I like their music. And I have happened to meet Jason three times now.” She fired back.

“Oh really? You two are on first name basis now?” I said laughing.

“He’s a really nice guy, Pete.” Amanda said rolling her eyes at me.

Wait was that comment supposed to be aimed at me. I’m not a nice guy?

“Here is a picture of us at the last concert they did in Tampa last month.” She said handing me the picture.

“Well aren’t you two cute. Maybe you two should be a couple. I can call him for you, you know.” I said getting at her.

“Really? Wait you are just messing with me. I think you are jealous Pete.” She said laughing at me now.

“Me, jealous? What do I have to be jealous of? That you are going to run off with him and be madly in love?” I said sarcastically.

“Why not? It could happen?” She said.

“Ok I quit. I’m sorry it’s just I don’t know. You like Lifehouse. I just didn’t picture you liking that sort of music.” I said putting her picture back on her desk. Then I realized she had something on vampire slayers up on her computer. I couldn’t let her read it so I dropped her picture frame on the mouse. I acted like I was picking it up but I clicked her out of the screen she was in.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Amanda. I didn’t mean to uh, drop your picture. When it fell it must have scooted your mouse and exited out of what you were in.” I lied. I hated lying to her but I wasn’t ready for her to find out yet about herself.

“Ah, it’s ok. I will look later. It was just a journal I found by some Chris guy.” She said taking the picture out of my hand. “That name Chris stands out to me somehow Pete. It’s weird I know. I read some of his journal yesterday because I was curious to learn more about vampires. Some of his stuff is boring but he goes into great detail about killing them, and vampires with souls. I haven’t read much yet. I started to believe some of it until he wrote about Dracula. And we all know he doesn’t exist. But today, I wanted to read the part about vampire slayers. Any who, I’m sorry I’m rambling about it and I listen to a lot of different music, Pete.” She said standing next to me.

She looked so adorable. She was wearing her hair kind of pulled back with a bandana on. And her clothes looked kind of dirty where she had been cleaning. “So aren’t we Miss housewife today.” I said to her.

“Hey! I had to clean up the apartment today. No making fun.” She said defensively.

“Chill woman. I just think you look cute like that is all.” I said to her. “In fact, I think you got a little dirt on your nose.” I said leaning into her.

“What! Where? Get it off!” She said wiping her nose.

“Sure.” I said pulling her close to me. I acted like I was going to wipe it off but instead kissed her nose and went down to her lips. Maybe I can control myself this time.
And I then kissed her, feeling her warm lips on mine.