Bite Me

I Know What The Future Holds

I woke up from a night filled with love and passion. I was lying on Pete’s shoulder and gently rose up and rolled off him being ever so careful to not wake him. I looked at the clock which read four am.

This was it. I quickly got out of bed and grabbed my bag heading down to the bathroom to change. I was going to practice downstairs and hope that Pete doesn’t wake up. I know tonight was my night to save the world. I also knew that Dracula was waiting and after him biting me the other night; I knew what was going to happen in the next few hours. I was prepared for it.

After I changed, I brought my bag back down to Pete’s room and sat it in a chair. I looked over at Pete who had a smile on his face. He must be dreaming of us. I walked over to him and gently kissed his lips with him responding back to my kiss but not waking up. I am so going to miss kissing his lips.

Last night was amazing. The last few nights have been great but last night topped the cake. Pete was my world and even though I was going to lose him after tonight, I felt at peace with it finally. No one could ever take his place in my heart even if I decided I was ready to date again down the road. That is if I make it out alive tonight.

I traced Pete’s face with my fingers ever so slightly and ending on his lips. His face twitched and he smiled even more. I am going to miss his smile. Then I kissed his forehead and proceeded downstairs where I could practice alone.

Hours went by and I had went through everything I could from moves and techniques to every weapon training possible I could do without Pete’s help. I grabbed some stakes and my crossbow.

I checked my watch and saw that it was ten am. I hadn’t even broken out a sweat and yet I had worked out for almost six hours. I was ready to face Dracula. I just needed to go back to my apartment, hope Bev and Joe would remain asleep, shower, and head over to Dracula’s mansion. You see I knew where it was from my dreams.

I walked back into Pete’s room hoping he would still be asleep which he was; still smiling from his dreams. I picked up my bag and placed the stakes in it but left the crossbow hanging on me. I leaned over and kissed Pete on the lips and touched his chest where his heart would have beat.

“I love you, Pete. I always will. This is for the best if I do this alone. I know you will find me later anyhow. Don’t worry I have your love and strength to protect me now. Sleep for a little while longer for me. I know what I have to do.” I whispered in his ear.

Then as if in instinct Pete grabbed my hand on his chest and squeezed it. I kissed his forehead again and slipped my hand out of his watching him roll over. I grabbed my bag off the floor and snuck out the window like old times and headed over to my car.

As I arrived at the apartment there was a box sitting on the front porch. I picked it up to find a card attached. I looked around but saw no one to see who left it but I knew.

I read the card and found it was signed by Dracula himself. He wrote open it on the card. I opened the box to see a white spaghetti strap wedding dress and shoes to match with a red ribbon in the box. It was just like what I wore in all my dreams with Dracula.

I was not stooping to his level. I had something else in mind I was going to wear. But the ribbon I was going to wear around my neck. It would encourage me to fight harder because if he could get the ribbon off then I have failed.

I dropped my bag down on the couch and threw the box over to the fireplace burning all that was inside except the ribbon. After I made sure the fire was out I went to my room. I grabbed me a pair of my best low rise black pants and a white tank top and hit the showers but not without checking on Bev and Joe who were sleeping so cutely together.

Once I showered and changed I put on my makeup and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I ran downstairs and took my stakes out of the bag placing them in my pockets of my pants. I picked up the ribbon and placed it around my neck. I then ran in the kitchen and fixed a quick late breakfast still hoping that Bev, Joe, and Pete stayed asleep a little longer. When I was done eating I knew it was time to go.

I knew before I opened the door that Brian was outside waiting on me. I glanced around my apartment once more then opened the door for Brian. He was not happy to see me.

“Dracula will not be happy when he sees that you are not wearing what he has requested of you.” Brian said.

“Brian it is me. Snap out of it.” I said stepping outside.

There was a limousine waiting for me to get inside. I looked at Brian who was trying to get me into the limo. I followed him.

“Yeah, well, Dracula can deal with me not wearing his precious dress.” I said to Brian who only nodded. I saw his neck and it looked terrible.

Once we got into the limo I checked my watch. It was after twelve. I had a whole seven hours before dark to try and do this on my own. Then the scoobies would arrive from Pete coming to find me.

“Brian, you do remember your friend Nick, right?” I asked hoping to get him to remember something.

“Yes. He was my best friend.” Brian said. Then we sat in silence for a few as we rode in the limo.

Brian then grabbed my hand which shocked me. He was trying to fight Dracula’s hold over him. “Please help save Leigh Anne.” Brian said.

“I will. Dracula won’t be hurting anymore people after tonight.” I reassured Brian. He smiled.

We arrived at the mansion which looked creepy. I stepped out of the limo and Brian led me though the gates to the front door which opened automatically. I turned to look around behind me.

“After you.” Brian said going back to his trance Dracula had him in.

I took a deep breath and stepped inside. I followed Brian into a dining hall. Brian seated me at a table that was prepared with food. I wondered if it was poisoned. This was beginning to play out just like my dreams. I looked down to see my name on a folded card on my plate. Well, this is it. Soon it will all be over.