Bite Me

Dangerous Waters

I sat at the table wondering whether Dracula was coming to greet me or not. I thought as I had seen in my dreams before he would come out and sit at the table expecting me to eat in front of him with which I had news to tell him; I was not hungry nor wanted his food. I glanced around the dining room that was huge to notice that there were two big doors to go in and out of the dining room.

One door led me in here and the other had to lead me to the ballroom I needed to be in or around it at least. I also noticed by now that there were five vampires and Brian all in this room watching me. All of whom I could take on, but I needed to figure out my surroundings and think of what was to happen next to be prepared for it.

As I looked on the table where I had picked up my name card, I noticed there were eight other place settings with name cards on them. I reached over to one across me and saw that it had Andy’s name on it. “No!” I thought.

I got up and ran over to Brian slamming him into the wall causing all five vampires that were guarding me to grab me and hold me back. I fought them off for a second grabbing a stake out of my pocket and killing one before I was tackled down to the ground with my stake being knocked out of my hand.

“Brian, what is this? Why are my friends’ names on the table?” I asked being picked up off the floor.

“They are going to be guests whom I think two have already arrived.” Brian said going over to the door I had came in from earlier.
Four more vampires dressed as Dandies carried Andy and Chrissy inside the dining room. This was not how my dreams went. This wasn’t how everything was supposed to go down.

“Andy? Chrissy?” I asked.

I was let go by the vampire goons. One picked up my stake and carried it over to Brian. Chrissy and Andy ran over to me as they were shoved into the room with me. I looked at all my options to get out of here but all my chances were blocked and I was outnumbered even with Andy and Chrissy with me.

“Where do you want her boss?” A vampire asked carrying in someone who turned out to be none other than Leigh Anne, Brian’s fiancée.

“Sit her in the chair over there.” Brian pointed.

“Brian how could you? You love her. How can I save her if you had Dracula bite her?” I asked trying to break through the vampires to get to him.

“Dracula didn’t bite her. She belongs here with you. Others will be joining you soon.” Brian said motioning the vampires to leave us and lock both doors in and out of the dining room shut.

“What is going on here?” Chrissy asked me.

“How are you here? Did Dracula’s goons kidnap you too?” Andy asked me.

“I came here to fight Dracula alone to end this once ad for all. I didn’t know he would add you to the mix. This wasn’t like in my dreams.” I said. “Are you two alright?” I asked.

“I’m better now that I am with Andy.” Chrissy said clinging on to Andy.

“Yeah, when we headed to Chrissy’s, they ambushed us as soon as we got out of the car.
Then we were kept in separate rooms until now. I am so glad she is ok.” Andy said pushing hair out of Chrissy’s face and behind her left ear.

“You shouldn’t have come here alone. We were all planning to help you.” Chrissy said.

“I know but I felt I could take him on alone. If I did then you guys wouldn’t get hurt.” I said walking over to Leigh Anne.

“Is she alright?” Andy asked behind me now.

“She is in a deep sleep right now. Her neck looks awful.” I said then explaining who she was.

“I see.” Chrissy said sitting down.

“So Dracula wants us to eat?” Andy asked.

“I wouldn’t. Knowing his games it may be poisoned.” I said as Chrissy was about to grab a glass of water from the table. She quickly sat it down.

I checked my watch it was after two. I was hoping that Joe, Bev, Sam, and the others were still safe and stayed that way. If Dracula could bite Brian and make him under his control then he could use other humans to do his dirty work during the day.

But I was wrong. Brian came back into the room with his henchmen. He was carrying Erelin in his arms and sat her down on the floor leaning against the wall. She was out of it and had a bite mark on her neck.

“You might hope that your other friends behave. This one was feisty and James over here got hungry.” Brian said pointing to the vampire named James. His face was scratched. Then he left us again.

“Erelin!” I yelled running over to her.

“Chrissy bring me the napkins and a glass of water quick!” I yelled.

“But what if it is poisoned?” She asked.

“Erelin is bleeding and I have to fix her wound. I just have to take the chance that it isn’t.” I said.

“Erelin, can you hear me? Wake up!” I said gently smacking her cheeks to get her to respond.

“This isn’t good.” Andy said.

“Here.” Chrissy said handing me what I asked for.

“What’s the plan?” Andy asked.

“She’s not responding. I think she is in a sleep as well. My question is: where is Brendon?” I asked after I cleaned up Erelin’s wound.

I noticed the vampire bit her on the opposite side that Brendon had bitten Erelin. Erelin had a mini scar from Brendon as Pete had left on me. I hope that he was alright. I am sure he by now has felt that there is something wrong with Erelin because he won’t be able to feel her anymore from her new bite by a bad vampire. One that I was going to kill the next time he walks in here.

“You know Brendon and her have lost their connection. I am sure he is calling Pete because he felt something happen to her and can’t feel her anymore. They along with the others will get us out of here.” I said trying to calm Chrissy down.

“But what if they have Brendon too?” Andy asked.

“Let’s think positive here. They didn’t bring him in here if they did like they did you two together.” I said standing up.

“True.” Andy said.

“The next time that James comes in here I need your help to distract the others so I can stake him. I don’t want him or the others to use Erelin against us. I have to defeat him to help Erelin out.” I said.

“You got it. Anyway we can help her out to make her better is fine by us.” Andy said looking at Chrissy then kissing her forehead.

“Pete now I need you. I thought I could do it alone but I wasn’t. Call for me, Pete. Come find me when it is dark. Everyone is in danger.” I said to myself.