Bite Me

Once More With Feeling

(Pete’s POV)
I awoke to find Amanda was not beside me. I looked over at my clock to see that it was almost two pm. Amanda must have wanted me to sleep in but she knew that we were to do some early morning training. So much for that now I guess.
I sat up in bed to notice Amanda’s bag was gone. This wasn’t good. As I sat up in bed I got this uneasy feeling. I got up and quickly grabbed a hoodie and some jeans and got ready for tonight then I headed downstairs to see if she was down there training. Instead I found an empty place. I realized then that Amanda had went to fight Dracula alone. Before I could react, my phone rang.
“Hello?” I asked seeing it was Brendon calling from the caller id.
“Pete, Erelin is gone!” I heard a frantic Brendon say.
“What? I’m sure she is around somewhere. Listen Brendon I need to call you back…” I tried to say but got cut off.
“No, you don’t understand. I can’t feel her anymore. Something has happened. They took her!” He said upset.
“Who took her?” I asked confused.
“Dracula. He left a note at the front door. He must have people he has bitten working for him now. But where ever she is she has been bitten. I can’t feel her, and I tried calling for her and I got nothing. I woke up late to a jabbing pain. Pete I feel helpless without Erelin. I’m lost without her. What do I do?” He said.
“I can call Amanda still. I think she went after Dracula.” I said.
“What! Is she crazy? We were all supposed to help.” Brendon said.
“I know. But I am sure Amanda is with her now and she won’t let anything happen to her. She will not abandon her. Call everyone. Get them over here now and you come as soon as it is dark. Amanda knows I will find her. And Brendon, be careful. Dracula’s goons may still be lurking or out tonight.” I said.
“I know. Please find Amanda so I can find Erelin.” Brendon said.
“I will.” I said with Brendon hanging up.
I hope that the rest of the gang is alright. Why would Dracula want Erelin for? I thought he was just after Amanda, unless he is trying to use her friends against her. I have to find her. I only have five hours until sunset and I need to be prepared.
Just then I got a vibe. I think Amanda was thinking of me. She was definitely upset I could feel.
I walked over to the couch and sat down. I tried to relax my mind and clear my head. I thought of Amanda.
I saw her in the mansion from our dreams. I saw how she got there and I heard her thoughts. This was a first.
“Pete now I need you. I thought I could do it alone but I couldn’t. Call for me, Pete. Come find me when it is dark. Everyone is in danger.” Amanda’s thoughts read.
“Amanda I hear you. Just like the very first time you were bitten and you heard Mike call for you and talk to you in your thoughts that is what I am doing now. Brendon is worried about Erelin. I hope she is alright. I know where you are and I will be there tonight. Stay safe and I love you.” I said as I called for her.
I decided to read a little more of her thoughts and I learned that she had Andy and Chrissy with her as well. I was about to tell her something else but our connection was cut off. I started to feel sick and I knew seven couldn’t get here fast enough.