Bite Me

The Plan To Escape

“Joe?” I heard Pete say answering his phone.

“Pete, it is me and listen up. I don’t have much time to talk to you. Everyone is here except you and Brendon. Please be careful.” I said on the phone.

“Amanda, are you still alright? I lost our connection earlier.” He said.

“I’m fine. I had to take care of the vampire that bit Brendon. You would not believe the strength I have because of you now.” I replied.

“You know I will be a little weaker when I get there don’t you?” He asked.

“Pete you still have your vampire strength silly, don’t you?” I asked confused.

“Look, here is our plan. Brendon and I will sneak in and find you all.” Pete said changing the topic.

“Good. Look for us in the ballroom and be extra careful not to get caught. Dracula has vampires everywhere on his grounds. We are going to bust out of the dining room soon and head there to fight him.” I said.

“Amanda, no matter what happens, I love you.” Pete said.

“I love you too.” I replied.

“Keep everyone safe.” Pete replied.

“Always. And don’t forget to bring my crossbow. I left it at my place on the couch I think.” I said.

“You got it.” He said.

“I have to go now; everyone is waiting to hear my plan.” I said hanging up.

“Amanda you still never explained how you got to be so strong.” Chrissy said with everyone turning to face me now.

“Wow, you really know how to put a girl on the spot.” I said looking around the room.

“How did you get so strong?” Patrick asked me as he approached me.

I had to explain it. I told them what happened at dinner last night before Pete and I had come back in from outside. Then I told them my plan to get out of the dining room. We were all going to push our weight and ram into the door that leads to the ballroom forcing it open. We were to bust out at eight so that Pete and Brendon would have time to get here.

(Pete’s POV)
It was now seven and Brendon was on his way I am sure. I just hope he is careful. There was a knock on the door and I slid my fangs out just in case it wasn’t him. I slowly opened the door.

“Brendon, were you followed?” I asked as I saw it was him.

“I don’t think so. Everyone has been taken, Pete.” Brendon said.

“I know. Amanda called me from Joe’s cell. We have to get to the ballroom somehow but we have to stop at Amanda’s first and get her crossbow.” I said.

“How’s Erelin?” Brendon asked.

“I think she is awake and fine but Amanda didn’t say. She just said that she killed the vampire that bit Erelin.” I replied grabbing every stake and weapon I could fit into my hoodie and pants. Brendon did the same.

“That’s great news. She will be alright then.” He said smiling.

“That is if we all can stay alive fighting off Dracula’s goons.” I said. “We have to in order for Amanda to fight Dracula.” I added.

“I know. Let’s do this for Amanda and everyone else. I’m glad she got our friendship back. I’m glad she hooked me up with Erelin too.” Brendon said getting Erelin’s car keys out of his pocket.

Brendon drove me over to Amanda’s place and I snuck in through her window. I saw that her living room window was busted and figured that was how Dracula’s men ambushed
Joe and Bev when I arrived downstairs. Her crossbow was still where she said it was though and I grabbed it placing it around my neck and shoulder. Then I snuck back out the way I came in and hopped back into the car.

“Are you ready for this?” I asked Brendon.

“As ready as I ever will be.” He replied.

“You know as much I as do that Dracula knows we are coming, right?” I asked.

“I sure do but I am not leaving without a decent fight.” Brendon said driving to Dracula’s.

We made it there and stopped on the road outside of Dracula’s mansion. We climbed up over the fence and landed on the grounds carefully looking around for any vampires lurking. Brendon and I gave each other a look and headed up quietly to the mansion.

“So, how do you think this is going to end?” Brendon asked me.

(Amanda’s POV)
“Guys it is almost show time. Start breaking anything you can to use as a weapon.” I said throwing and breaking a chair to get the pieces of wood from it that made excellent stakes.

I looked over at everyone who had their weapons. I smiled to know all my friends were here and that together we were going to save the world. Dracula was not going to win over my dead body at least anyway.

“Ready?” I asked with everyone lining up in a couple of lines to run into the door and break it down.

“Ready!” Everyone yelled.

“Now!” I said with us all smashing into the door breaking it down. We all carefully got up and observed our surroundings for any vampires. Once we were in the clear everyone followed me who led the way to the ballroom. I knew where Dracula was and I knew he was waiting.