Bite Me

Dracula's Defeat But All Is Not Well As It Seems

I got everyone into the ballroom to be ambushed as expected by Dracula’s huge army of vampires. We all started fighting off what vampires we could. Then after I had killed several vampires I stopped to see Dracula up on the balcony of the second floor. He was where I wanted him to be. The only problem was I couldn’t move all of a sudden.

Everyone was yelling and fighting off the vampires but here I was standing in the middle of the floor with all of the action going on all around me. All I could do was stand there looking up at Dracula and my heart sank. He had Pete.

I finally fought off Dracula’s gaze long enough to turn and see all my friends being taken and held down by the vampires. Then they brought in Pete and Brendon. Pete had on my crossbow which was perfect if I could get it.

“Erelin!” Brendon yelled trying to break free from his captors.

“I’m ok.” Erelin yelled back giving her captors a dirty look. “Don’t you flash your fangs at me! You just wait. I will so kill you guys when I break loose.” She said to them.
Pete looked at me like he had failed at something. I gave him a loving look and nodded at him. I knew he would break free for me to get my crossbow. And I knew Dracula was not going to be an easy kill.

“Well now, I have all of your friends. How do you think you are going to save them all?” Dracula asked.

“Oh, believe me I will!” I replied.

“You aren’t wearing what I wanted you to wear. That’s very disappointing.” He said flipping down off the balcony and onto the floor in front of me.

“You have no power over me.” I replied.

“Really? Then how come you can’t seem to move?” He laughed. Then Dracula snapped his fingers and the vampires that had Pete brought him over to where Dracula and I were standing.

“How does it feel to know I am going to keep you alive long enough to watch your girlfriend marry me and destroy the world? And that you will have to try and kill her.” Dracula sneered.

“It won’t happen. I trust Amanda. You underestimate her.” Pete said showing his fangs. And with a nod he broke free from the vampires that held him and threw me my crossbow. Thus, distracting the other vampires to where everyone else broke free.

Pete and I were fighting vampires back to back and he said, “You can do this. Don’t worry about me. Just know I love you. Go after Dracula.”

And that I did. I tried unsuccessfully to stake him with the crossbow but that failed. He grabbed me out of the crowd I was fighting in and threw me on the floor by the stairs that led up to the balcony.

I got up and started to fight him blow by blow. At one point he grabbed me by my hair and shoved me into the steps. I ran up them hoping he would follow which he did, all the while making his stupid remarks.

“You know you are only going to lose here. Why don’t you give up?” Dracula replied as I watched him get close to me.

I pulled out a stake and threw it at him but missed his heart. He was definitely a strong opponent. He just pulled the stake out and kept fighting me.

I had knocked him on the floor of the balcony at one point and went to stake him again. He ended up kicking my leg and making me trip. I lost my balance and almost went flying over the balcony railing.

Dracula grabbed me by my neck with one hand and forced me to look down over the railing. This couldn’t be it. This was not how it was going to end. This was my life and he was not going to turn me into a vampire.

“Do you see all your friends down there? They are getting tired of fighting. You could make it so much easier on them if you just joined me. I would spare their lives.” Dracula said.

“I bet you would.” I said sarcastically and seeing everyone.

“Turn around and look at me.” Dracula said letting go of me.

I looked at everyone. I looked at Pete. He was getting held down by the vampires that seemed to come out of everywhere. And I couldn’t resist. I turned to face Dracula. He had given me a beating. I was bleeding and bruised from our fight.

He grabbed me and held me and turned me back towards the railing where everyone could see me with Dracula standing behind me. He was beginning to win. I felt powerless. And my friends had stopped fighting.

Everyone I would like to thank you for your useless time. But you have lost your battles. I have the slayer now and she has chosen to be mine.” Dracula said.
Wait, I never said that. Why can’t I move? I have fought off his control before. I looked at everyone which was all I could do again.

Dracula went to untie the red ribbon on my neck and I heard Pete yell, “No! Think about everyone, Amanda. You can’t have her Dracula!”

“You can’t help her now.” Dracula laughed.

Then it hit me. If he takes off the ribbon then he wins but he only thinks he does. My friends need me and are counting on me. I can’t let them down. They give me their love and strength to keep going. Dracula has taken everything away from me I ever loved. He took my mom, my dad, Nick, and soon Pete if I do this. He is not getting me and he is not taking my friends.

Dracula turned me to face him. Everyone was yelling at me and at each other to try and stop what was going to happen. I let Dracula take the ribbon off my neck all the while I grabbed the last stake I had from the dining room out of my pocket. He pulled me closer to bite my neck and I staked him in his heart.

Dracula just laughed and said, “Stupid girl!” “You think you can defeat me by this?” He said coming at me.

“You messed with my friends and me. Your reign of terror ends. If I kill you all vampires will die.” I said dodging his attacks and wondering why the stake had failed.

“Ah yes, but your lover dies as well. Are you ready to face that?” He asked me as I let him grab me and force me into the wall where I could push him into the railing.

“Absolutely to save the world. I have to do what I have to do. You see my friends give me strength and Pete fills me with love, which you are taking away from me.” I said grabbing him with all my slayer strength by his neck and pushing him up to the railing.

Dracula’s eyes widened. He saw something spark in my eyes that no one has ever seen before and he was afraid. But he ended up getting a hold of me which forced me to push him down through the railing with all my strength with him still having a hold of me.
We flipped over the railing together and I landed hard on the ballroom floor. Everyone started to fight again killing most but not all of the vampires in the room. Pete tried to get over to me but was blocked and he was feeling weak which meant that whatever I was doing was working.

“Amanda, get up!” Pete yelled as I felt him slipping from me.

I looked around and grabbed a piece of the wooden balcony railing. I dragged my bruised and battered body over to Dracula’s and raised up to stake him. He got up and lunged at me as I was on the floor but I was quicker. I staked him so hard that the stake went flying through his heart as he was over me. Then I staked him again to make sure with another piece of wood that was beside me.

“How could this be? To be defeated by a slayer with special power?” Dracula said turning into dust.

As I slowly got up to make sure it was over I saw all the vampires turn to dust. That is all vampires but Brendon and Pete. But they were dying too, just in a different way. Erelin and Andy had a hold of Brendon who was slowly getting weaker.

I grabbed Pete off the floor and held him in my arms. “It’s over.” I said.

“You did good kid.” He said wincing in pain from his battle wounds. They weren’t healing and I knew drinking blood was not going to fix him this time.

“Patrick, help! Any one?” I yelled trying to hold Pete up as I got up.

Patrick and Joe ran over to help me and we decided to take Pete and Brendon over to the boys’ place to say our last goodbyes.