Bite Me

The Friday Evening That Started It All

“Ooh I love your outfit!” I heard Bev say.

“Thanks. I found these black low rise fake leather pants on sale before I moved. Can you believe it?” The top I was wearing was a red spaghetti strap top I had had for a year now. “I love yours too.” I said.

“I designed it myself, well the top anyway.” Bev said. She was wearing a white, low cut top and grey low rise pants. “Let’s go have some fun.” She added grabbing her car keys.

We arrived at the shop and parked. It was after ten pm. And it was very dark out even with the street lights.

“Are you sure we should park here and walk through that dark alley? I mean couldn’t we drive a block around and park in front of the club?” I said nervously.

“Well when I drove over there the other day there wasn’t that many parking spaces and I really don’t want to have to pay to park in some lot when we can park here for free. It’s only maybe a ten minute walk from here.” Bev said.

“Well I would have paid. It’s just so dark here.” I said as we started walking down the alleyway.

“Look, I see the club lights.” She said walking faster.

We finally made it to the club and I was shocked. It was only a six minute walk. The club was called Club E. Apparently it is a major club where bands sometimes perform and celebrities hang out every now and then. Once we paid and went inside I was amazed at how huge the club was. It had two levels!

“This is so much cooler and bigger than the clubs back home! Bev said excitedly.

“I know.” I responded.

“Hey you want anything to drink? I’m going to head over to that bar right over there.” She said pointing over to her right.

“No thanks. I think I am going to look around though. It looks like you have a line at the bar. You see that empty booth back in the corner on the left of the place? Meet me at that booth in thirty minutes okay?” I said.

“You got it. Call me if you get lost. I know you might get distracted with all the cute guys around.” She said joking.

I just rolled my eyes and said, “Funny. Like you know your way around here as well and I think you may be the one distracted.”

I left Bev and walked up the steps to the second floor. “Oh great the make-out level.” I said under my breath. There were couples in booths everywhere. I saw a railing and walked over to it. It overlooked the dance floor. The music the DJ was playing was awesome. The floor was crowded and people were having fun. So why wasn’t I? All of a sudden I quickly turned around. No one was behind me but it felt as if someone was.

That was weird. But I had a familiar feeling in my stomach. It was like I was being watched. Like when I was in Florida. I started to feel creeped out and decided to check on Bev who was still somewhere on the first floor.

I walked downstairs and didn’t see Bev by the booth we were suppose to meet at. I started to get worried. I just didn’t feel right and I couldn’t place it. There were people all around me but some of them were giving me weird vibes. What was this I am feeling?

“Ah think Amanda. You are here to have fun and find Bev.” I reminded myself.

Finally I found her talking to two guys. Granted from across the room they looked hot but as I got over to them that vibe came over me again.
“Bev! I have been looking all over this place for you. You didn’t meet me at the booth. I got a little worried.” I said.

“Oh I know. I’m sorry. I was going to but I met Trevor and Mike at the bar.” She said.

“Hello. It’s nice to meet you, Amanda.” Mike said surprising me.

“Um how do you know my name?” I asked.

“Yeah, that would be my fault. I’m sorry Amanda. We got to talking and they asked me if I came alone and I said you came with me.” Bev said.

Ah warning signs. Why would they ask if she was alone? This crazy feeling kept getting stronger. I just wanted us to leave. These guys kept staring at us like we were a piece of meat.

“Excuse us a second guys I need a moment alone with my best friend here.” I said pulling Bev aside.

“What are you doing talking to strangers without me? They don’t seem right and I don’t know why that is.” I said.

“Look it’s a free country Amanda. I can talk to whoever I want to and what’s your deal? Are you jealous because you have relationship issues? I was going to say I think Mike likes you but now you probably are scaring him. We came here to meet new people so stop freaking out and chill!” she said angrily.

“Seriously Bev. You wanna know why I don’t like them? I am having this weird vibe about them. Something’s not right. I feel like we are being watched in here as well. Why don’t we leave and come back another night.” I said concerned.

“Fine. I will tell them you are sick or something. Wait here.” she said upset.

“Please and hurry back.” I said. Next thing I knew she came back alright but with Mike and Trevor in tow.

“You were so worried about the alley the boys offered to walk us out to the car.” Bev said.

“I think we are fine” I said as we proceeded out of the club.

“We insist.” I heard from Mike. Then Trevor said, “Yeah with you two being new in a big city like this you need all the protection you can get.”

“I can take care of myself and so can Bev.” I said as we got to the alleyway.

Not many people were around and the ally was dark and quiet. That’s when things got nasty. All of a sudden I turned around to hear Bev say, “Let go of me!” And, “What’s your problem?” And before I could get to her Trevor had pushed Bev to the ground so hard she hit her head knocking her unconscious. Then at that same time I was grabbed by Mike who I started fighting with but lost for he spun me around and bit me on the neck.

Just then I was released from Mike’s grip and briefly saw four guys come to our rescue. Two went after Mike. And I don’t know where Trevor went. What happened next was kind of a blur as I collapsed in one guy’s arms that had dark hair and soulful eyes. I remember telling him to help Bev and then I was out.