Bite Me

No Promise Guaranteed

Ok not that I don’t enjoy Pete kissing me now, but he still hasn’t apologized to me yet. Who is to say he wouldn’t blow up at me again over something? I sadly must break away from his kiss. When he kisses me my knees start to shake and I can only think of him. I get this feeling like I’m floating on air. He definitely has some hold over me.

“Stop, Pete.” I said breaking away.

“Um, ok but why? I can’t explain it but I want to be around you. I know you feel something too because I feel it in our kiss.” Pete said.

“Look, maybe I do and yes something takes over me when I am around you but I can’t do this right now. Number one, you still haven’t apologized for last night as you said you would. Two, who’s to say you won’t blow up at me over something else? And three, we should take it slow. I mean we barely know each other except for what almost three days now?” I said sitting back on my bed.

“If that’s what you want then slow works fine for me, just as long as I am able to still see you.” Pete said sitting on his knees in front of me.

I smiled. Wow a guy actually wants to see me and not try to use me. I could get used to this.

Then he grabbed my hand and said, “Amanda I am sorry for what happened last night. I shouldn’t have blown up at you. You didn’t know about what happened between Brendon and me because I didn’t show you or tell you what happened. Just promise me you won’t talk or see him again. He is bad news whether he is good or bad.” Pete said with concern in his eyes.

“Pete I can’t promise anything until you explain to me what happened. I know what I felt. He’s not bad. I don’t understand why he’s playing both sides unless Beckett has something over him or he wants something from Beckett. From what I gather, Beckett doesn’t even know he’s good.” I said.

“I can’t tell you. I don’t want to. We were friends but now we are not. Just drop it and promise me.” He said.

“I’m sorry I can’t. So if you aren’t going to tell me then I’m not promising anything.” I said looking in his eyes. They were filled with anger and hurt not from me but from Brendon. Whatever happened has done something to Pete. Then there was a long silence.

“Pete, do vampires dream?” I asked changing the subject.

“I guess so. I just haven’t had any lately. Why?” He asked concerned again.

“Ok you know how I was dreaming about Nick? Well now I am dreaming of my mom. She keeps telling me everyone’s waiting for me and misses me. Then I see myself as a little girl and a man picking me up and carrying me away from her. I don’t see his face but I keep screaming for mom. I want to help her but I can’t. Then the man tells me everything is going to be all right but like I said I never see his face. Do you think I’m dreaming about her because of guilt I have? I couldn’t save her in my dreams Pete so maybe I couldn’t save her in the past?” I said starting to cry.

“Hey.” He said now sitting on my bed beside me and pulling me towards him. “Don’t talk like that. You weren’t responsible for Nick and you aren’t for what happened to your mother.” He said holding me now in his arms.

I started to feel safe there in his arms. I didn’t want him to let go of me. I wish we could just stay like this forever him and me.

“Amanda, I, never mind.” Pete said to me.

(Pete's POV)
I wanted to tell Amanda about her mom. Maybe it would help her nightmares go away. I wanted them to for her sake. I couldn’t stand it seeing her cry. I wanted to take her pain away. But if I did then I’d have to tell her about Nick and I wasn’t ready for that yet. So I just kept holding her. I didn’t mind that.

“Any dream you have I want to know ok?” I said to her.

“Ok, Pete. I will.” She said.

I can’t stop not looking into her eyes. They have amazed me in the last couple of days. She has this fire and then sadness as well. If I tell her about Nick, I don’t know how she will react or even if she will decide to leave L.A. Then again maybe I am jealous. Amanda is not my property but I want her to be mine, not his. I have a tough decision to make and right now I am choosing not to let her know unless she uncovers her past first through her dreams. Could that man she sees also be her mom’s boyfriend?

“Pete. I think you can kiss me again.” I heard her say.

“What made you change your mind?” I said confused.

“Well it’s just that you are just so darn irresistible, but we can still take it slow and kiss.” She said laughing.

I laughed too. I didn’t mind making out or kissing with her. Why not just live in the moment and have fun. It’s hard to not want to vamp out but I’m trying not to and I don’t want to let her go.

We started with innocent kissing and then we started making out, laying on her bed. I started to kiss down her neck almost like an instinct when I stopped myself for a second.

“Pete are you alright?” Amanda asked me.

“I just need a breather.” I said.

“How about I just lay here on your shoulder?” She said.

“That would be a great idea.” I said letting her lay on me. It felt nice and I wouldn’t have to worry about biting her. But just as we were getting all comfortable and talking to each other, my sidekick went off.