Bite Me

Miss Congeniality

“I have to go, Amanda. That was Patrick that called. There’s trouble down at a place called The Docks.” Pete said getting up.

“Let me come too. I can drive us if you tell me how to get there plus I have some stakes Patrick gave me.” I said getting up too.

“I don’t think so, not this time. Beckett is there and I don’t want you getting hurt. I don’t know what I’d do with myself if something happened to you.” He said hugging me.

“Well I don’t care. I’m going and you can’t stop me.” I said shutting my window and locking it.

“Your stubborn you know that. Fine! But stay close to me or one of the guys.” Pete said.

“No problem Pete. Now let’s go.” I said running downstairs.

We pulled up by The Docks next to the boys’ car. We all got out and ran down the street, where Beckett had trapped some teens that were out in the wrong part of town.
There we were with Beckett, Brendon, and about ten dandies. One kid was bitten but the other three teens looked ok just unconscious.

“Oh look who decided to show up.” Beckett said laughing. “You will never be able to beat me Pete.” He said laughing. All the dandies except Brendon I noticed were laughing.

Brendon had this look on his face like I wasn’t suppose to be there. Then I heard Pete yell at Patrick to stay with the teenagers who had to be around sixteen years old. And the fighting began.

I had two guys come after me. One of them I flipped over me and staked. The other one grabbed me before I could get away and we started taking hits on each other. I hit him so hard on his jaw that I guess he got pissed because I didn’t move in enough time and he hit me on my right shoulder. I got backed into a wall and had lost my stake.

I was shocked to learn it wasn’t Pete that came to my rescue but Brendon. “What are you doing not that I’m not grateful.” I said.

“Shut up and act like you are fighting me.” He said.

So I did act like we were fighting but I was confused. Then he started talking to me again.

“You shouldn’t be here. If Beckett gets you, I can’t protect you.” He said.

“Protect me? I don’t need any protecting. What are you doing with him and what did you do to Pete?” I said flipping him over. I noticed Pete was too busy fighting Beckett to even notice me with Brendon.

“What? Look drop it. I am just here to make sure no one gets a hold of you. You are a slayer after all. Beckett is looking for the slayer and I found you first.” Brendon said knocking me down to the ground.

Just then Pete tackled Brendon down to the ground punching him. I tried to stop them. I needed to know what Brendon was talking about. However, apparently Beckett disappeared on Pete and now he came back standing beside me. Well that was one way to get Pete off Brendon but not the way I planned.

“Aren’t you missing something Pete?” Beckett said grabbing me. I tried to fight him off but he was a little to strong for me. “Maybe I should turn her or maybe bite her and let her come to me.” Beckett added.

“Pete. I’m sorry.” I said looking around. All the boys were around and they couldn’t even stop Beckett. But Pete had let go of Brendon who was walking over to Beckett.

“Beckett, maybe you should let her go this once.” Brendon said winking at me. “She obviously can’t fight worth a lick I should know. So we let her go and see if Pete can make her at least fight better and have another rematch. I’m sure we will all meet again here soon.” Brendon added looking at Pete.

“For once I like that idea, Brendon.” Beckett said pushing me into Pete. Then they quickly vanished into the night.

The teens started to wake up. Patrick and Joe were by them and luckily it wasn’t Beckett that bit the one girl. She was going to be alright since we dusted the vampire that bit her.

“You kids need to get home now.” Patrick said.

“C’mon Chris, let’s get Erelin home.” One of the boys said.

“Um, no need to thank us though.” Joe said feeling ignored.

“Don’t worry Joe they won’t remember it.” Pete said hollering over to Joe.

“Amanda, are you alright?” Pete said grabbing me tightly to him. “What were you thinking taking on Brendon like that? Are you crazy? I said stay away from him. What if I lost you tonight?” He said concerned without letting me get a word in edgewise. “And Beckett, he almost killed you. I couldn’t have stopped him and it would have been my fault because I let him disappear on me.” He added.

“Pete. I’m fine. Really, and now you are squeezing me too tight.” I said.

It was actually Brendon that saved me but I can’t let Pete understand that yet. Why did he save me and why does he think I am a slayer? Does one exist? I thought that was only in the movies. But will he tell Beckett I am one when I can’t be? I wondered until Pete shook me and the only way to get him to stop worrying about me was to plant one on him and so I kissed him. All the boys saw and smiled.

“So who’s up for watching some movies?” Andy said walking to their car.

“Ooh I am!” I said running to my car. Pete was just standing there in shock still.

“C’mon, lazy bones.” I said. “They are going to beat us back to your place.” I yelled.

Finally we made it back to their place and the boys were undecided on what to watch. I had an idea on what to watch. I was going to drive Pete insane to cheer him up.

“How about, Ten Things I Hate About You, Pete.” I said smiling which he understood where I was going at.

“You know what you are, "Miss Congeniality"?” He fired back.

“What, Batman?” I said laughing and sitting on the couch next to him.

“Um, should I go get the popcorn?” Joe asked.

“Nah let them have some fun after the scare they had.” Patrick said.

“Well "Star Wars" settles it and they won’t even notice since they are still calling each other movie titles.” Andy said.

“Good choice.” Patrick said.

Pete and I didn’t even notice the boys had put in "Star Wars". When we ran out of titles we just kind of laughed at each other. Then I cuddled up against him on the couch, my head lying on his shoulder. We turned to watch the boys go “Aww.”

“Hey what are we watching?” Pete said.

“Star Wars.” Joe said.

“Awesome!” Pete and I said at the same time looking at each other.

Then, Pete kissed me and whispered in my ear, “I don’t ever want to let you go.”

“So don’t.” I said still leaning, curled up into him.

After awhile, I apparently fell asleep on Pete, on the couch. The boys went to bed and Pete let me sleep peacefully on him. For once I didn’t have any bad dreams. And everything had felt right.