Bite Me

Better Late Than Never

(Pete's POV)
Well, I hope Amanda won’t be too terribly mad at me for showing up late. I had to do some patrolling. I just hope I can make the photographers let me by without taking my picture. The guys can’t tell Amanda anything I don’t want her to know yet, now. I hope this satisfies her. I’m even wearing what I wore to the MTV Awards last year. Ok, here goes.

That was easy. I seemed to make it down the red carpet just fine and security took my ticket. Now I must find the boys. Wow, this place is huge. And there are the guys with I guess that’s Bev. I walked over to where they were.

“Well look at what the cat dragged in.” Patrick said.

“Bev, this is Pete.” Joe said.

“Hi, Pete. I have heard so much about you. All good things though.” Bev said shaking my hand.

“Well it’s nice to see you are doing ok.” I said.

“I just want to thank all you guys for rescuing us from those thugs.” She said.

My mind was on finding Amanda. I didn’t see her working so I decided to ask where she was.

“Hey, guys have you seen Amanda or could possibly point in the right direction?” I asked.

“Sorry man. You were late and just missed her.” Andy said.

“Yeah, she asked if she could leave early. I think she wasn’t feeling good or was upset about something.” Bev said.

“Wait, her car is in the parking lot across the street though. I saw it coming in here.” I said.

“Maybe she went for a walk down the boulevard.” Bev said.

“I have to find her. Excuse me Bev, fellas.” I said hurrying out.

She shouldn’t be out on the streets alone by herself. What is she thinking? I gather she is upset at me because she thinks I didn’t show but I did. She should have waited a little longer. I hope she has some sort of protection. I’d hate for her to be attacked by a vampire.

I ran down the boulevard about five blocks to finally find Amanda. She didn’t see me and I think I was away from her enough to not sense me. What was she doing with Brendon? I told her to stay away from him. What did he want with her? I wasn’t about to stay put and let her handle this. I was going to settle this thing with Brendon once and for all.