Bite Me

Surprise Encounter

"Brendon, what are you doing here? Are you following me now?" I said not letting him out of my site.

"Woah, I'm not here to hurt you." He said.

"Sure, you may have a soul but I don't trust you right now. The stake stays in my hand." I said. "Spill. Why are you here?" I said again.

"Look, can we go somewhere? It's not safe here." Brendon said.

"No. Not until you tell me why you and Pete are the way you are towards each other. I want to know why you are with Beckett and what you want with me." I said pointing my stake at him.

"Easy with that thing. I can't believe Pete hasn't told you yet. I'm only with Beckett so I can learn from him. I want to know what his weaknesses are. I want to see him dead just as much as Pete. He's not our friend anymore. That was taken away when he became a vampire. He has no soul." Brendon said walking beside me.

"Then why not help Pete with your info? And if you want to learn from him, why not kill him yourself? Let me guess, you can't." I said.

"He's too strong for me." He said.

I admit, Brendon wasn' t that bad looking. I'm sure that when he was alive he could get any girl he wanted with his charm. But it wasn't working on me and besides he was a little too young for me.

"He's too strong for you, so you want Pete to do your dirty work. Why should I believe anything you say anyways? Pete told me not to trust you. Maybe I should listen to him for once." I said still not going off guard with Brendon.

"Look, what happened between Pete and I is complicated." He said.

We finally stopped walking a few blocks. I was not going to let him trick me into anything and I was glad that Patrick had given me those stakes.

"Complicated huh? You go out and kill people right along with Beckett. So now you are trying to what , get me to feel sorry for you in some way? It's not working. Whatever you did, you made your bed now you must lay in it." I said looking at him.

"I don't kill people." Brendon said defensively.

"No? Could have fooled me." I said rolling my eyes.

"No, I dissappear. He thinks I go out looking for this slayer chick for him. But I have friends who supply me with blood from a blood bank. I only make it look like I'm bad when actually I fight alongside with Pete and he doesn't even know it. Beckett is too distracted on Pete to even notice what I am doing. Then I stage a fight with Pete, Patrick, Joe, or even Andy so Beckett thinks I am doing my job. I'm careful not to hurt them and usually I get the bruises, and then I make my getaway." Brendon explained.

"But you still let them kill innocent people." I said.

"Sometimes I can't do anything to stop it, Amanda. But I always try to help when I can. I saved you didn't I from Beckett." Brendon said giving me an honest look.

"You pegged me remember? I 'm not one of them. I know you know I'm good or we wouldn't be standing here talking right now. You felt it. I can't forget what happened to Pete but I am not the one who needs to tell you. And its your decision to believe me or not. Not Pete's. I'm just here to warn you that you need to be careful. If Beckett finds out you are the slayer he will kill you and there is nothing Pete can do to stop him." Brendon added.

"Wait, I'm not a slayer. I think you are mistaken." I said.

Just then Brendon bared his fangs. I turned around to see Pete was standing behind me. His fangs were out too and hissing at Brendon.

"Just great!" I thought.