Bite Me

Brendon's Guilt

"Are you taking me back to your place? We need to be someplace where Beckett won't find me with you." Brendon said.

"Let him find you." I said pulling into my apartment complex.

"You have it, Amanda. You show all the signs of being the slayer." Brendon said cautiously in my car.

"I am not worried about being a slayer right now. And you are not invited nor welcome in my apartment. It's bad enough you are in my car, but you should be safe here." I said in my parking spot.

"Tell me something." I added.

"Okay what do you want to know then?" Brendon said looking at me.

"What was it like for you to betray your friend, to betray Pete the way you did." I said angrily.

"Look, Amanda. I am not proud of myself at all. I lied to Pete. I didn't invite the other members of Panic because they already knew about me. The first chance I got I told them and warned them all to be careful. Eventually the guys moved back to Las Vegas where we are from. I told Pete they would be there to get him to come and I knew he wouldn't bring the other guys even if I asked him to so I felt safe there.

My plan was to warn Pete about Beckett and maybe we could both take him down but when I led Pete to a room I thought he'd be safe in, I wasn't expecting Beckett to be in that room. I didn't want Pete to be turned. There wasn't anything I could do. Trust me, Amanda, I didn't want Pete to die." Brendon explained.

I saw all the hurt and pain he was feeling through his eyes. I heard his tone in his voice. I knew he was very remorseful for what happened to Pete.

"I fight along with Pete because I want him to attack me for what I've done. I tried to explain things to him at first but he wouldn't listen and he had every good reason not to." Brendon added getting me out of thought.

"You know that if Pete does get ahold of you he will kill you. I can't keep protecting you Brendon." I said touching his arm.

"Is it so bad that he does kill me? It would make up for what I did." Brendon said.

"Don't talk like that. You are trying to help me, right? Look at how many people you try to save or ways you try to kill Beckett. If Pete kills you then what? Beckett wins, and we all lose, Brendon. Besides it may come between Pete and I right now but I see you are trapped. We can help each other out, we can defeat Beckett. And I don't want to lose another new friend." I said smiling at Brendon.

"I'm a friend now? You think I could join your gang?" He asked.

"Yes. I'm sure the boys will welcome you when I explain things to them. Pete, you leave to me. It may take some time. He will understand eventually. I just have to try and make him see things in a different way. As for you being a new friend, friends are people I trust and can count on Brendon. I admit I had doubts but you are right. I wouldn't have pegged you as being good if I didn't trust you. Now come here and give me a hug. That's how I shake on things." I added reaching for Brendon.