Bite Me

Apologies Accepted

"Amanda I'm sorry if Pete doesn't talk to you." Brendon said pulling away from me.

"Don't worry. Pete will be pissed but I've noticed that Pete and I just have that thing where we will come back to each other eventually. At least I hope so." I said sighing.

"Just be careful with Pete. Even the ones you trust can hurt you, Amanda. And this is off but I know you two haven't known each other long but when we were fighting the other night, I could see how much you two seemed to care for each other. I've never seen him so alive with other girls in the past as he seems with you. I think maybe you two are meant to be as weird as that sounds." Brendon said looking out the car window.

"I don't know. All I do know is I haven't felt this way about a guy in a long time. He makes me crazy, Brendon." I said laughing.

He laughed too. As it was with Pete, I liked seeing Brendon smile. He needs a little happiness too. Maybe when this mess is all over I can find him a girl who wouldn't mind being with a uh, vampire.

"About what I said earlier, you being the slayer." Brendon started.

"Yeah. Tell me about that. I don't get it. How am I a slayer?" I asked puzzled.

"You show all the signs. Sensing vampires, the ability to heal fast. I see your jaw is fine. Most people who were hit as hard as you would need ice and have a bad bruise but you don't. And you also show super strength." Brendon explained.

"But you told Beckett my fighting skills sucked." I said.

"I did to throw him off and save your life silly." He said.

"Oh, right." I said.

"There are other things as well but I must be going. I've done been out too long. Beckett will have a search party out looking for me. Oh and there is one more thing before I leave you." Brendon said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You may not remember or maybe you are not the slayer, but if you are, you were chosen as a slayer when you were a teenager at some point. Think about it." He said getting out of the car.

"Brendon." I said.

"Yeah? He said.

"I'm sorry for being angry and throwing you down to the ground earlier." I said.

"Don't sweat it. Just be careful, Amanda." He said.

"You too." I said. And then Brendon was gone.

"So maybe I am a slayer. But how?" I thought. My mind raced. I had so many questions. I didn't remember anything weird happening to me when I was a teen. This whole situation I was in was weird. I'd have to do some research but first I was going to drive over to Pete's.

I figured the boys were still at the party. If they were, I hoped Pete would be home. If not, maybe I could sneak in through his window again.

It turned out as I snuck in through the window, that Pete wasn't home and the boys were still out. Good, they can protect Bev and I would wait for Pete. But maybe I could crawl in Pete's bed and nap for a few. I was tired from the scuttle earlier and I was glad to see that Pete was starting to sleep like a normal person again.

Sure enough, once I took my shoes off and settled in, I closed my eyes and fell right to sleep. My mind headed straight to dreamland.