Bite Me

The Meeting

(Pete's POV)
“Pete, I think she is starting to wake up. What do we do?” Joe said in the car.

“I think she will be fine.” I said not worried.

“I don’t know. You have never rescued someone and brought them home with you before.” Patrick said.

“Nick? Nick where are you?” She mumbled still half out of it.

“See, she’s out again.” I said turning to face Patrick who was in the front passenger seat turned towards the back. “She looks so cute asleep.” I thought. “I have to wonder though who is this Nick guy?”

(Amanda's POV)
I woke up to a bad dream, a dream that scared me. I dreamed of Nick rescuing me then leaving me all alone. He told me he couldn’t protect me anymore. Then I realized after a few seconds I wasn’t at home but on a bed in a dark room. I panicked and I was feeling this feeling I had at the club, but only a good feeling now.

“Bev, where are you?” I said stumbling out of bed.

“Whoa take it easy there!” I heard a guy say turning on a light.

It took me a few seconds for my eyes adjust to the light when I looked at my surroundings. Then I saw him. The guy whose arms I fell into from that idiot that tried to hurt me.

“You are the one who caught me from that idiot. Where’s Bev?” I said trying to move and not fall. I felt a little light headed maybe from exhaustion?

“Look you and your friend had a rough moment. Bev, your friend will be fine. We took her home by finding her license in her purse.” The guy said.

“Oh so she’s ok? Wait, then why am I here?” I said.

“Well that’s a different story.” He said.

“I saw her hit her head she can’t be ok. I want answers buddy.” I said walking towards my rescuer. This guy was totally gorgeous. And he looked so familiar. I couldn’t place him. I know he isn’t from Florida.

“Yes, Bev hit her head. But she is fine. She is home sleeping it is 3 am you know. You on the other hand need to take it easy. You took some damage yourself. So we brought you here. Are you feeling alright?” he said concerned.

I then sat back down on the bed a little confused. I was relieved that Bev was alright. I had so many questions to ask but it was like I already knew the answers.

“You are a vampire!” I blurted out. Wait what was I saying, a vampire? They don’t exist or do they? “But you are a good one. You have a soul.” I added.

“How do you know I am one?” He asked.

“I don’t really know. It’s more like a feeling I have and I just know.” I said grabbing my neck. Then I remembered Mike. He bit me. That must be why I was brought here. There really are vampires. “And that Mike guy bit me and you brought me here to what watch me? I mean you guys killed Trevor and Mike right?” I said.

“Well not exactly. The other guys you saw before you collapsed ran off after the guy that hurt your friend and dusted him. Mike, the one that bit you got away and so now we must watch you so he doesn’t call for you.” he said.

“Wait, what? You can’t keep me here. I mean you will catch him. You are a vampire hunter after all. I’ve seen enough vampire movies to know. Ha! He’ll call me alright.” I said.

“Seriously, I’m not kidding. Vampires have the ability to call their victims to finish them off. They tap into your mind telepathically and you are under their spell once bitten.” The guy said.

“Great so you are going to use me as bait to lure him out?” I asked angrily.

“Not exactly.” He said.

“Fine but I’m leaving at day break so Bev doesn’t wake up and worry.” I said upset.

“Agreed but we will come get you before sunset. And Bev will be ok. She was knocked unconscious but she sorta woke up and then fell asleep. I don’t think she is going to remember too much about what happened.” He said staring at me.

“Whatever. Look, have a seat.” I said patting the bed. We were in front of a dresser and a mirror. The good looking guy had no reflection I noticed as he sat down beside me. My name is Amanda and I am sorry if we got off on the wrong foot.” I said.

“My name is Pete. And it’s ok.” Pete said. “I know who you are. I saw it on your driver’s license.” He added.

“Oh. Well thank you for saving us.” I replied. Just looking in his dark, mysterious eyes gave me chills. I wanted to know more about him and I would make it my mission. “It must be hard not having a reflection.” I said.

“I guess.” Pete said.

“It’s strange. I know you are good and you won’t hurt me. I know you want to save people from other vampires. But this feeling I have also lets me know there are bad vampires too. I felt it as I walked over to Bev. I knew those guys were trouble. And before that I felt you. It was you following me upstairs in the club. Why?” I asked.

“How could I not? I mean you were the new people in town.” He said blushing.
“We, meaning my friends and I, can spot who has lived here long and who hasn’t so we wanted you two to be careful.” Pete said concerned.

“Then why follow me. Why not just approach me and warn me?” I asked.

“Would you have believed me?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I said as I quickly wandered into thought. The feeling Pete gave me was the same feeling I had in Florida. But Pete couldn’t have been in Florida.

“Well you should meet the other guys now.” He said laughing. “I almost forgot about them. They were worried about you.” Pete added.

“Well if they are as hot uh I mean never mind.” I said embarrassed. “Lead the way.” I added.

“Twenty bucks says she freaks out when she recognizes who Pete is.” Joe says over to Andy.

“You’re on but you owe me twenty if she freaks if she realizes we’re Fall Out Boy if she doesn’t recognize Pete at first.” Andy said.

“Guys, chill. Ha-ha you both owe me twenty if she doesn’t.” Patrick said.

“Well who’s taking bets on who now?” Pete said climbing down the stairs to the first floor.

“Uh, she’s awake now.” Joe says pointing to me.

They all looked so familiar and yet I couldn’t place them. This was so weird to me.

“Guys,” Pete said, “This is Amanda as you know. Amanda, this is Patrick Stump,
Joe Trohman, and Andy Hurley on the couch there.”

“Hi guys it’s nice to meet you all. And you are Pete Wentz.” I said smiling. Now I know! “I thought you looked familiar Pete but I couldn’t place you. I guess from all the excitement I’ve had here today. And you do look paler than normal.” I finished.

“Yeah, being dead does that to your complexion!” Andy said laughing.

“Hey!” Pete said hitting Andy’s shoulder.

“Ouch man. Watch it with your super human strength. I was only kidding!” Andy said.

I couldn’t stop laughing. I couldn’t believe it. I was standing in front of Pete Wentz and the boys. Bev would never believe me.

“Man she didn’t flip out.” Joe said bummed.

“That’s right boys. I had faith in her so pay up.” Patrick said.

“Well I’m sorry you lost your bet boys but I’m sure my friend Bev, you helped out, might freak. She wouldn’t know what to say in front of Joe.” I said. Oops now I did it. She is going to kill me if she finds out I said that. Joe began to blush and everyone started laughing at him.

“Well, now that Amanda is awake we should get some sleep boys. Let Pete, and Amanda, talk some more.” I heard Patrick say. “And Pete can I borrow you for a second?” he said pulling Pete aside away from me.

I sat down on the couch and let them talk. I kinda just looked around and noticed a room away from the kitchen and living room which were connected. “Night guys!” I said to the boys.

(Pete's POV)
“I hope you know what you are doing Pete by bringing her here. I mean Amanda seems nice and all, but you have never brought anyone to our home like this before. Does she know?” Patrick said concerned.

“Yes. She knows I am a vampire. What’s weird is she knew without me telling her. She said she just knew like she can sense it or something. And I just have a feeling about her too.” I said.

“Um memo to you, don’t be getting feelings for her now. I don’t want to see her getting hurt. I have a feeling she is going to be a good friend to you, now that she has been brought into this. Just be careful Pete. That’s all I am saying. We don’t know much about her yet and it is odd that she knew you were a vampire. I’m off to bed now.” Patrick said.

“I will be careful and I do not have feelings for her. Just I don’t know.” I said.

“Sure. You rescue a pretty girl and now you like her. I’m only kidding.” Patrick said leaving.

Maybe Patrick was right. Maybe I was developing something for Amanda. But right now I wanted to protect her. I wanted to know more about her and why she chose to come to L.A. Best of all who was this Nick guy she mentions in her sleep?