Bite Me

What Are You Doing In My Bed?

“Whoa, what a dream. Wait a minute.” I said looking around sleepy eyed. “Ah! What are you doing in my room, in my bed!?” I said shocked to find a half naked Pete in bed.

“Ha-ha, your bed? Funny, you are in my bed, in my room.” Pete said.

“Um, did we uh?” I said confused and sitting up. The dream I had, felt so real. I remember crawling in his bed to take a quick nap while waiting for him to return, but did I actually sleep with Pete?

“You mean have sex?” Pete said sitting up looking at me.

“Yeah, cause I don’t remember and um I had a dream that oh never mind.” I said turning red.

“No we didn’t have sex. But judging by how you are reacting, you dreamed the same dream I had too.” Pete said smiling.

“Oh and what dream would that be?” I said still kind of out of it from being tired and not wanting to share my dream with him this time.

“It would be the dream where we had sex.” He said laughing.

“That’s not funny. What gives you the right to barge in on my dreams and make a cameo appearance?” I said not really wanting to reveal how I really felt about the dream.

“Me? What if it was my dream and you are the one that had the cameo.” Pete said smirking. “Besides, I know you enjoyed it. You can’t hide it from me as much as you try not to admit it. I didn’t come into your dream on purpose. I can’t explain how we both dreamed the same dream.” Pete said.

“I better get. Wow. It’s nine a.m. already.” I said looking for my shoes on the floor.

“Amanda.” Pete said.

“Pete.” I said not looking at him.

“Amanda, we need to talk.” Pete said getting up off the bed.

“I can’t look.” I said.

“What did you think I was, completely naked?” Pete said laughing.

“Oh. You have pants on and they are transformer bottoms. Cute.” I said turning around embarrassed and rolling my eyes. He looked so hot. Words could not explain how I was really feeling. Sure I was a little creeped out that he and I shared the same dream but those feelings I had in my dream were all too real right now. I had to get away from him and be by myself right now. I needed to think.

“Amanda,” he said gently grabbing my shoulder, “We do need to talk about last night. I want to tell you some things. And I think we should talk about our dream.” Pete said looking in my eyes.

Those blasted eyes of his get me every time. He always makes me melt when he gets the soulful look. I guess he isn’t too mad at me right now considering how calm he is.

“Pete, can we talk later? I really must get home. I have to change and get ready for my first day on the job. I get to supervise and all. I don’t want to be late. I promised Bev I would try harder for her. And I won’t be home until late after closing time.” I said turning towards the window. “If you are going to lecture me or yell at me for what happened, I am sorry for hurting you and I waited for you last night. But as you can see I obviously got tired and fell asleep.” I added turning back looking at him.

“Amanda, do you suddenly want to avoid me?” Pete said gazing at me with those eyes again. “Look, I’m not mad at you coming here and falling asleep. You have become important to me and I just don’t want to scare you. But I seem to run everyone off, I guess.” He said grabbing my hand.

His touch sent chills down my spine. Did I really want what I felt in my dream to come true? I barely know Pete but I feel as if we are connected. Maybe Brendon was right. Maybe Pete and I are meant to be together. I feel so conflicted. I need air.

“We’ll talk later.” I said letting go. I then climbed out the window and got in my car. “Stupid, Amanda. I need to talk to Pete.” I said to myself. I wanted to know if he was really alright about last night and tell him about Brendon. I also wanted to know how he really felt about our dream. Did he feel the same as me? Ah! My head hurts and I must sadly go to work.