Bite Me

Conflicted

The shower was exactly what I needed. Bev and I don’t have to be at work for another couple of hours so I think I will relax and see what I can find about slayers. I was beginning to find something on my computer when Bev knocked on my door.

“Amanda, are you ready?” Bev said through my door.

“Yeah, come on in.” I said.

“I warmed these up for you so they wouldn’t get too cold.” She said handing me some blueberry muffins.

“Thanks.” I said taking them and biting into one of them.

“Not to be nosy but what are you looking up? Slayers?” She asked.

“Um, just looking up stuff for a movie I saw recently that has been on my brain.” I lied.

“Oh.” She said sitting on my bed.

Bev was all dressed and ready for work. I have a long day today. She is going to have to show me the ropes and introduce me to everyone I didn’t meet last night.

“Hey, I could use a friend right now to talk to.” I said turning around in my computer chair.

“Well I’m here for you and ready to be talked to.” She said laughing

“Good.” I said laughing as well. “Where do I begin?” I said.

“Well, how about what happened last night after the party?” Bev asked.

“Ok. After I ran out of the party I ran into an old friend of Pete’s only they aren’t friends anymore. If anytime you don’t understand something Bev, by the way, feel free to speak up.” I said.

“Ok.” She said laughing again.

“Brendon Urie of all things I run into.” I said trying to throw is name out so she can at least be a little careful if she meets him.

“You mean the Brendon of Panic! At the Disco?” She said amazed.

“Yup. But be careful of him if you ever see him. He kind of is not the person to be around right now. Just trust me.” I said.

“Ok.” She said confused.

“Anyway he starts talking to me and Pete shows up. Pete found me after he came to the party and left you guys. Apparently there was bad blood between them and they got into it and I temporarily defended Brendon and not Pete. He got mad and took off.” I said.

“Oh, but you just said not to be around Brendon.” Bev said.

“I know. It’s complicated. Just trust me here. So I left Brendon and went back over to Pete’s place and climbed through his cracked window.” I said.

“Really? Girl, you are a threat to society breaking into people’s homes.” She said laughing.

“Relax. I’ve done it twice now.” I said laughing back.

“Amanda! That’s not like you at all.” Bev said.

“Ha-ha I know. But Pete wasn’t home yet and I was tired from everything. I decided I would wait for him but instead I got tired and crawled into his bed.” I said.

“Amanda you are too much. You really did that?” She asked.
“I did. But it gets better. I fell asleep in his bed while waiting for him and I had a wonderful dream.” I said.
“Let me guess. Pete finds you, wakes you up and just starts making out with you?” She said.

“You are kind of right. I was um attacked in my dream and fought off some thugs. I saw Pete in a distance. I ended up hurting my arm but it was only a scratch. We ended up here at the apartment. I think you were out with Joe. Anyway he first wanted to fix my wound then he carried me to my room. The rest was well steamy. We ended up having sex. I’m telling you, Bev, it all felt very real as I woke up.” I said.

“Wow. I’m speechless.” She said.

“And the weird part was Pete had the same exact dream. He came in and found me. Instead of being mad he crawled into his bed and fell asleep. When I awoke from the dream I was laying on his shoulder confused at first then I don’t know.” I explained.

“So what is the problem? How did he take the dream? That is totally weird.” Bev said.

“The problem is I don’t know. I’m sorry I got kind of upset earlier. I’m just confused on how I feel about Pete. Everything is happening so fast I can’t keep up. My emotions are pulling in so many directions. I want to take things slow with Pete to get to know him better but I have this urge to be around him more. He intrigues me. He’s mysterious in ways too. I feel drawn to him in more ways than one. The dream as I said felt so real but also right. Then on the other hand I feel like I am betraying Nick.” I explained.

“How would you do that when Nick is gone?” Bev asked me.

“Well I know I said he’s behind me now but I have been having weird dreams of him lately. I just don’t know if what I am doing is right. It makes my head hurt.” I said.

“Amanda, I don’t think you are betraying Nick. What you had with him no one can replace but I know he would want you to move on and be happy. You are beating yourself up over this because you are happy. Pete makes you happy. I can see it. The boys even like you. They think you are good for Pete. Have you even discussed your fight last night and dream with Pete this morning?” She asked.

“No. I just wanted to leave. He wanted to talk I think but I was feeling overwhelmed with so many emotions and I didn’t need a lecture from him. I want to be happy.” I said.

“I think Pete’s captured your heart and you are in love.” Bev said getting up to open my window a bit.

“I am?” I asked.

“Yes. Why else would you be like this?” She said.

“What if he doesn’t feel the same?” I asked.

“Well, have you guys kissed yet? Obviously something has happened to you to have a vivid dream like that.” She said.

“Oh. Yes, we’ve kissed several times. He’s a very skilled kisser I may add.” I said smiling.

“See. You are smiling. It doesn’t hurt to have a good kisser. I think he feels something for you too. Besides I know he showed up late to the party but he did show. I saw the concern on his face when he found you had already left. He bolted pretty fast.” She said. “Oh, wow. We’ve been talking for so long I lost track of time. We need to leave here in a few.” She added.

“Ok. I don’t mind driving us.” I told her.

“Just talk to Pete as soon as you can.” Bev said leaving my room.

“Well, so much for searching on my computer about vampire slayers.” I said getting up and turning off my computer. Hopefully my day would be interesting. Maybe I would meet some new friends.