Bite Me

Living A Lie

“So are you thirsty or hungry?” Pete asked over to me from the little kitchen area.

“I’m fine thanks.” I replied.

“Well since you are here I guess I shouldn’t be rude and give you a grand tour, although there isn’t much to see.” He said laughing. Then he walked over to a chair beside the couch I was sitting on. “Upstairs where you woke up from is four bedrooms and one bathroom. Downstairs here, well as you can see the kitchen there, the living room you are in, and the gym area is to your right. Its well, really all connected. We bought this place to stay in while we recorded. The walls were good for practicing and I think at one time this building was used for offices or something.” Pete went on to say.

“What’s that room over there by the back gym wall? You left that out. Another bathroom, I mean there are four of you guys.” I said.

“That room is off limits.” Pete said.

“Your place is nice considering everything is all together.” I said.

“Hey, it’s a home for the boys.” He said.

“Pete, can I ask you something?” I said curiously.

“Sure. Ask away.” He replied.

“If you are a vampire, then how do you tour? Doesn’t daylight kill vampires?” I asked.

“It’s one way. But we don’t tour or do shows anymore. You must have missed the memo.” He said jokingly. “Right now people think I’m really sick with some disease. I was turned back in January. I can’t be in the daylight so I can only travel at night. Patrick was one of the first people I told next to Joe and Andy. They decided to act like I was sick until we could come up with something better. I hate this but we are sadly going to have to break up the band. Pretty much all I do now besides fight vampires is during the day I run my clan industries online and everything else over the phone. I sometimes chat with fans online and leave journal messages with hidden messages for them to stay safe. It’s so hard to lie to them cause I’m not sick and this sucks.” Pete finished.

“I feel for you. This does totally suck. All your hard work over the years and for what? What about your parents? I said. “Do they know?” I added.

“No. I can’t tell them, especially my mom. How can I? So I don’t talk to them. I have chosen to cut them out right now to protect them and it hurts everyday. Just when things were getting better for me this happens.” Pete said sadly.

I saw all the sadness and hurt through his eyes. It was like I could feel his pain. I felt so bad for him. Everything was taken away and I wanted to give it back to him and make it right again only I couldn’t. I leaned over to his chair and put my hand on his.

“Pete. I sort of know how you feel about not having your parents.” I said.

Then I proceeded to tell him about my mom’s death and growing up not knowing who my father was. I told him about my childhood, and anything he wanted to know, everything except Nick. We seemed to click so well. I felt like maybe I wasn’t as alone as I felt, for Pete was someone new I felt I could trust and let in my life. I learned all about his life, everything except how he became a vampire, and it puzzled me how he was turned. I was intrigued and wanted to know more.