Bite Me

Add Two More To The Scooby Gang

“Thank goodness it is finally eleven p.m. and closing time.” I said walking outside.

“Me too. We didn’t do badly for our first actual day.” Bev said.

“Thanks for all your help today, Erelin.” I said watching Bev lock up the store.

I didn’t feel right. I wanted to make sure we all made it safely to our cars.

“Did you park over there where we have to park, Erelin?” I asked her pointing to our parking lot across the street.

“Yes. It sure is really eerie out tonight.” Erelin said.

We started walking across the street when out of no where seven vampires came crawling out. I knew I felt funny but I didn’t actually know they were there like before. How very strange. I reached quickly into my purse for the remaining stakes I had.

“Bev and Erelin form a circle behind me keeping your backs to me and don’t let them out of your sight. When I move, move in a circle pattern so they can’t attack us as bad. And here take these, I said handing them the stakes and keeping one for myself.

“What are these for?” Erelin said.

“For protection. Aim for the heart. They are vampires.” I said.

“What? You have to be kidding me.” Bev said.

“Do I look like I am joking?” I said.

We were ambushed seven to three. These weren’t dandies but still just as bad. Any vampire was a bad vampire in my book except those few exceptions.

“Bev, I am going to try and distract them. Here, take my keys and run for it when I tell you to. Erelin you follow. Now!” I said knocking two vampires down from kicking them.

“Hey, need some help?” I heard Patrick say.

“Oh am I glad to see you guys here.” I said fighting off the vampires who were running after my friends.

“Hey, I remember those guys now!” Erelin said to Bev getting into my car and locking the door. “Wait! Those guys are members of Fall Out Boy. You know them?” She said to Bev.

“Yeah. I do. And I remember now what happened the other night. They rescued me and Amanda too. That’s how we met them or her I should say first cause I was knocked out. We were attacked by two vampires. This so can’t be happening.” Bev said locking her door.

“Amanda and the guys saved my friends and me from being toast. Look. I was bitten. They dusted the vampire that bit me. That is what this scar is now. This is so unbelievable. I remember what was so fuzzy in my head. They weren’t gang members. It was like that thought was put into my head so I wouldn’t remember.” Erelin said watching us fight.

“So that is why she came home late these last couple days. She was out slaying and she was trying to warn me not to stay out too late and to be careful. She even told me to stay away from Brendon Urie. He must be a vampire.” Bev said staring at Joe.

“Wait, the Brendon Urie from Panic!?” Erelin asked.

“Yes. But look at how Amanda is fighting. I’m too scared to go out there. It is like as much as they attack her she’s too fast for them and her skills are amazing like its natural for her.” Bev said.

“Ok but let me get this straight. Brendon is bad?” Erelin said.

“Yes, I think so.” Bev responded back.

“Wow. Hey, um where is Pete? He’s a member.” Erelin wondered.

“I don’t know. I guess he’s giving Amanda some space.” Bev said.

“Space? What to you mean? Wait are they seeing each other?” Erelin asked.

“They kind of are I guess. There is just some issues they need to deal with.” Bev said.

“Oh, lucky her. I only have dreamed like a million times of seeing Pete in person and dating him. But like Pete would anyway, I mean Amanda is more her age right?” Erelin asked.

“Yes. I think they are two yrs apart. You will see him though, eventually. And just for the record, Joe is mine.” Bev said laughing trying to make light of the situation.

“Wow you girls sure move fast and you haven’t even known them for long I take it.” Erelin said.

“Just like five days now. Well two for me. I didn’t officially meet them until last night.” Bev said.

“I think the vampires are gone. C’mon.” Erelin said getting out of the car.

“Wait!” Bev said after her.

“I thought I told you to get in the car.” I said over to Bev.

“Not my fault. Erelin ran out to meet the guys. Is it safe?” Bev said looking over at Joe.

“It’s never safe at night anymore.” Joe said putting his arm around Bev.

“Are you hurt?” Bev asked Joe.

“No, but I think Amanda was.” He said.

“I’m fine just a bloody lip and a punch to the kidney. I’m alright.” I said.

“Oh man.” Erelin said.

“Ha-ha I think we have a fan.” Patrick said.

“I’m Erelin. This is so cool but freaky too. Does this mean I join your team?” She asked.

“No. You don’t need to get hurt. Besides you mustn’t tell anyone about what we do.” Andy said.

“I won’t I promise. Where’s Pete?” Erelin asked.

“She has a crush on him guys.” Bev said.

“Thanks, Bev. We were in a time of crisis here.” Erelin said.

“Relax. I’m sure he’s off slaying somewhere too.” I said wincing. My pain was worse than I led them to believe. I didn’t want them to know I took a beating this time. “You will meet him. I’m sure of it. Speaking of what brings you guys here?” I asked moving everyone to the parking lot.

“We wanted to see if you guys wanted to go to the diner and get some dessert since they are open twenty-four hours. And Bev, will you go out to the movies sometime with me?” Joe said.

“Aw. That is cute.” I said.

“Yes. I would love to Joe.” Bev said.

I turned away as they started to hug. I was hoping Pete would be here too. But I can’t keep relying on him to come and save me all the time. If I was a slayer it was my job to protect people and I needed to be prepared. My blasted shoulder I think may be slightly popped out of place. No worries though.

“Hey, are you ok?” Patrick said.

“Just peachy. I said.

Just then, I looked up and to my right to see Brendon appearing in the street. I felt him that time. I wondered what he wanted. Everyone turned when they saw me look in the other direction towards Brendon.

“Brendon.” I said in a whisper.