Bite Me

Erelin and Brendon?

“Who’s your new friend?” Brendon said.

“It’s none of your business.” Joe said pushing Bev back behind him.

“Whoa, easy there Joe. Andy put your weapon down. He won’t hurt you guys.” I said stepping towards Brendon.

Patrick watched me carefully and kept his eyes on Brendon too. I guess he wanted to see how bad or good Brendon was. I think he wanted to trust my judgment.

“My name is Erelin.” Erelin said speaking up but not leaving the group.

“It is nice to meet you, Erelin.” Brendon said taking off his Dandy hat.

I saw his eyes soften towards Erelin and I knew he was smitten. Hmm. Maybe this could work. If Erelin and Brendon got together there would be Brendon’s happiness restored. Only one problem though and that is Beckett. He mustn’t find out or he should be stopped first. I don’t want anything to happen to Erelin.

“Guys, Brendon is not an enemy. But I can’t explain here. If I do we could all be in danger from Beckett and Brendon himself in danger. I promise I will explain later but not now. Here is not the place.” I said.

“Ok. If you trust him, I can try.” Patrick said getting Andy and Joe to try as well.

“Erelin, I think you should get home now and remember not to tell anyone about this. I promise I will try to explain everything later.” I said.

“Ok. I am tired and this is all so much to take in. Who would have known that Fall Out Boy are vampire slayers and that Brendon Urie is a good vampire? My head hurts just trying to process it all.” Erelin said.

“Wait. Can I walk you to your car?” Brendon said.

“Um, Brendon just be careful. The boys are still watching your every move.” I said.

“Sure. I would like that if you walked me to my car.” Erelin said pushing me out of Brendon’s way.

I just stood there watching them two. His face was so different. It was so innocent looking. It was a side I have never seen before of him.

“Be careful and get straight home.” Brendon said to Erelin.

“I will.” She said getting in her car.

Brendon noticed Erelin’s scar on her neck. I saw his eyes get sad.

“When did you get bitten?” Brendon asked.

“I didn’t want to say anything but I remember you vaguely from the other night. You were there when I was bitten. You tried to stop that vampire but couldn’t. Why are you with the bad vampires?” Erelin asked.

“It’s complicated. It’s why those guys over there don’t like me and are trying to tolerate me right now. I am so sorry for this.” He said touching Erelin’s neck. I don’t think she seemed to mind it much.

“It’s ok. They saved me. Maybe if we see each other again you can explain some things to me.” She said.

“I promise. Just make sure you do warn people not to be out late ok. Be careful, Erelin.” Brendon said grabbing her hand and kissing it then shutting her car door. Then he watched her leave.

“Hey!” I said.

Brendon came over to where Patrick and I were standing. Patrick still kept a watchful eye on him. I guess so that he could say he watched over me to Pete.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well, I was out patrolling and heard a scuffle but saw that you guys took care of the problem. I will leave now. I don’t want to overstay my welcome.” Brendon said.
Then he took off into the night. Just like that he disappeared into the fog. It was almost a full moon.

“So, you still want to grab that dessert?” Patrick asked.

“No. Actually I would like to get home. I’m kind of sore. Rain check?” I said to Patrick.

“Sure. Be careful. I think Bev is up for it. We will drop her off okay?” Patrick said.

“Ok.” I said getting into my car before driving home.

I was feeling some pain. My shoulder hurt and I needed ice. I couldn’t wait to get in the door, and when I did I stopped in my tracks for I felt a vampire in my home and that could only mean one thing.