Bite Me

In the Moonlight

How could a vampire get into my apartment? I thought vampires could only come in if they were invited at least that is what Pete said. Then again maybe it was Pete. But how did he come in? Either way I am carrying my stake just in case.

I proceeded up the stairs in caution. My right shoulder hurt like no other but all I could do was grin and bare it now. I don’t remember shutting the door to my room before I left today. That was odd.

I opened the door to my room and my feeling in my stomach became much stronger. Why was my radar off tonight? I could tell between the good and bad vampires but not tonight. In the moonlight of my room I saw no one except I did see a crack in my closet door. Who ever it was had to be hiding in there and they came in from my window I see.

I walked over to my closet as quietly as I could. I raised the stake up in my left hand and opened the door with my right to find Pete. He made me jump.

“Pete, you nearly gave me a heart attack!” I said dropping my stake to the floor. “I could have killed you.” I added.

“I’m sorry. I came in through your window when I knocked on your door and saw you weren’t home yet from work. I got a little worried. I also thought you may be Bev coming in so I hid.” Pete said concerned.

The moonlight shining in made Pete look so much more dark and mysterious. I kind of liked it. It made him look even sexier.

“Yeah, Bev, and our new friend Erelin we work with, got ambushed. But the boys luckily came by and helped out. Don’t worry though, Erelin and Bev know there are vampires and have already been told not to tell, but your secret about being a vampire is safe for now. Although, Brendon showed up to help, I think him and Erelin hit it off.” I said.

“Wait, Brendon?” You let him near your friend?” He said.

“Don’t start with me Pete. She knows he’s a good vampire and the boys kept a watchful eye.” I said.

“Oh, for now I won’t start. You are hurt.” He said.

“What? I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. How can you know I’m hurt, we are standing in the moonlight anyway?” I asked.

“I smell your blood as gross as that sounds and I see it on your top. Plus the moonlight gives off your swollen lip.” He said leaning in to kiss me.

“No, I can’t do this.” I said pulling away from Pete and wincing in pain.

“Amanda.” He said grabbing my right shoulder gently to not let me go but not realizing how hurt I really was.

“Ah, Stop!” I said grabbing my shoulder and crying from the pain.

“Amanda I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Pete said upset.

“No, it’s not you.” I said pulling off my jacket. I had worn a white tank top under my dress jacket. It was covered in some blood and it revealed how bad my shoulder really was. Pete turned on a lamp I had sitting on my nightstand.

“You’ve popped your shoulder out of place. It needs to be popped in.” He said looking at how bruised and swollen it looked. “I need you to be as calm as you can be, Amanda. I need to pop it back in and I am not going to lie it is really going to hurt. I’ve had it done to me before.” Pete said.

“Ok.” I said in a whisper. I prepared myself for the extra pain I was going to feel. I let myself get too careless and now I was paying for it. I let him pop it back into place hollering in pain. Pete grabbed me and held onto me. It’s funny how that just takes your mind off everything. I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Amanda, we need to talk when you are ready. I have something I need to tell you about that’s very important.” He said wiping away my tears when I raised my head up to look at him.

“Well, we can talk downstairs. I need to get an icepack.” I said walking away from him now.

“You know that you probably won’t hurt tomorrow.” Pete said.

“Well, you can explain all about it downstairs.” I said.