Bite Me

Out To Lunch

“Hey, Bev, ready for lunch?” I asked Bev. “It is twelve p.m., lunch time.” I added.

“Sure. Ooh, you brought me Subway too.” Bev said.

“I figured we could talk about last night.” I said.

“Let’s go to my office.” She said.

I followed Bev upstairs to her office. I was so glad I wasn’t her. There were too many things to keep track of. I didn’t know how she gets everything done.

“About last night, yeah, sorry I came home at three a.m. Joe and I talked at the boys’ place and they gave me a grand tour.” Bev said.

“Hey, I’m not lecturing you. I’m happy for you. Welcome to having a life and a possible boyfriend.” I said laughing at Bev and taking a seat. I felt like I was in trouble or something. Her office reminded me of the stuffy principle’s office at a school.

“Thanks for lunch. I don’t know when I will get out of here, and Joe and I were going to see a late night movie.” She said eating her sandwich.

I just rolled my eyes at her. “Hey, did you happen to notice if Pete was still in my room. He paid me a visit last night and nearly scared me to death. Warning, never invite a vampire into your home, ok, Bev?

“Wait, Pete is a vampire, like Brendon?” Bev asked confused.

“Oops. I forgot that detail, didn’t I?” I said slouching in my seat. Now I really felt like I was in trouble at school.

“You better explain yourself. Joe never said anything about Pete. I’m going to talk to him too. You let a vampire into our home? How could you? Everyone knows from movies you don’t do that. I thought Pete was human like us. It all kind of makes since now a little.” Bev said.

“Well, I am a vampire slayer and Pete is a good vampire. He would never hurt us. I can sense the good and bad vampires, Bev, and Pete is good.” I said.

“But you said Brendon is good but beware of him. Why so different about Pete?” She asked.
I explained everything. I answered any questions she had. I just hoped she understood. I tried to let it all sink in for her.

“Wow. I guess that explains how well you fought last night and saving our lives. I guess that explains about your mom then too. Amanda we all knew in school your mom was murdered. We read about it. No one wanted to tell you because we didn’t want to hurt you. But now you and I both know the real truth. I just can’t believe it. All the training you’ve had has lead up to this. No wonder you were into gymnastics and martial arts growing up. You kind of just gravitated to it.” Bev said.

“Yes. But you know I gravitated towards Pete somehow. Only me. I thought I would never get to meet him. And here I do, but not as a fan. And now it’s just so different because I am falling for him as a person. I mean I don’t see him as a vampire. The funny thing is when I lay on his shoulder and place my hand on his chest, I know he doesn’t have a heartbeat because he is dead, but I somehow feel it beat for me if that makes any sense.”

“Aw. I can’t explain that one. Pete was there when I came home by the way. I tried to be quiet and not wake you guys up. You looked so cute. He was gone when I got up though this morning so he must have left after I went to sleep. Oh, how did he get in earlier?” Bev asked me.

“He climbed through my window you left open.”

“Oh.” Bev said laughing.

“So do you see you and Joe dating exclusively soon?” I asked.

“Yes. He is quite charming and kind of shy at times. I find it cute. Andy cracks me up because he kept making fun of Joe and I had to defend him last night.” Bev said smiling.

“That is funny. Boys will be boys.” I said. “Do you have Erelin’s phone number while I am here?” I asked.

“Sure. Why do you need it?” Bev asked me.

“I want to leave a message for her to call me so I can explain things to her.” I said stealing some of Bev’s potato chips.

“I see. Here you go.” She said handing me a piece of paper she wrote the number on.

“Thanks.” I said getting up.

“Well, lunch break is over. I have to get back to work. What are your plans for today?” Bev asked.

“My plans are to see Pete.” I responded.

“Of course they are.” She said rolling her eyes.

I left her office and went downstairs of the shop. I called Erelin’s cell and left a message for her to call me. I then proceeded out of the store and into my car. It was time to visit Pete.