Bite Me

Is Your Name Patrick?

“Well you guys are a little early.” I said opening the door to meet them.

“You look very pretty, Amanda.” Patrick said as he walked in the door.

“Thank you Patrick.” I said kind of blushing. He may not be the one I want to hear that from but Patrick is sweet and I will take a compliment from him anytime. Besides its not everyday I get a compliment. It makes you feel good once in awhile.

Pete just kind of stared and walked into the living room behind Patrick. I wasn’t sure if he was taking me in all made up or what. This is what he could have if I was his. It’s not everyday I go out on a date either. C’mon Pete say something here.

“So are you ready?” Pete asked.

Ok. He was so a mood killer. I walked into the kitchen to get my purse. I would take it with me for my id and stuff was all in there, but I hated carrying it so I would end up locking it in the car. I just needed to place my cell phone in there and I was all set.

“Oh, Patrick, do you have any more stakes in your car? I am completely out.” I said.

“We have plenty.” Pete chimed in.

“Is your name Patrick?” I asked Pete.

“Yes I will get some and put them in your car for you if you’d like.” Patrick said.

“Thanks.” I said handing him my keys.

Well I had my work all cut out for me tonight. First priority was to kill vampires for my training but second would be to make Pete jealous in the process. There was an awkward silence that came between Pete and I after Patrick left the room.

“Pete, we need to stop by my work before we go to the club.” I said standing in front of him. I couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t saying anything. I hoped he was thinking of something good to say.

“Why?” He asked. So he can speak.

“I told Erelin we would take a break with her to discuss what happened last night. She finally called me and I want her to meet you. She doesn’t know you are a vampire yet, either. She only knows about Brendon being one.” I said.

“I don’t want her hanging out with him. It’s bad news especially since he’s tagging along with Beckett.” Pete said giving me a “what did I tell you look.”

“Oh, relax.” I said staring at Pete. He wasn’t dressed up nice for clubbing that was for sure. Pete had on a t-shirt, jeans and his red hoodie with the black bat on it. If that didn’t scream vampire, I didn’t know what did. I admit he does look well in just about anything he wears, especially nothing but boxers. I think Patrick was well dressed to match me. He looked very sharp.

“I mean it. It is bad enough Brendon hangs around you now.” Pete said snapping me out of my thoughts.

“I am sensing someone is jealous.” I said poking my finger on Pete’s chest.

“I’m not jealous. I was just stating the obvious.” Pete said leaning against the kitchen counter again.

“Sure, whatever.” I said rolling my eyes.

Patrick came in handing me my keys. We were all set to go. I locked up the apartment and got into my car. The boys followed me over to the shop. It was time to have a chat with Erelin then off to slay.