Bite Me

Jason vs Pete

We walked into the store to find Erelin at the register waiting on a customer. Pete and Patrick went looking at some clothes they saw over in the men’s section. I saw Tara just stare. It made me laugh inside.

Erelin finally was done with the customer when I approached her. The look in her eyes was funny and priceless. I could tell she wanted to flip out over meeting Pete.

“Hey.” I said. “Where’s Bev?” I asked.

“Who cares about Bev, where’s Pete?” Erelin asked all excited.

“Whoa, calm down there. I think they saw something they liked and took off.” I said laughing.

“Bev is upstairs and she was a little bummed when I told her Joe wasn’t going to be joining her.” Erelin said.

Just then, I turned around to see Jason, the lead singer from Lifehouse walk in the store. My hands started to shake. I got all nervous.

“How’s my hair?” I asked Erelin.

“Fine. Why?” She said laughing.

“That over there,” I said pointing, “Is Jason, the lead singer from the band, Lifehouse. We have met several times. He is a sweetheart.” I said.

“Oh, do I sense some competition for Pete? Does that mean I can have him?” Erelin said smiling.

“Huh? Wait, no. Jason is just a sweet guy who happens to be in a band I love. We talk but, no.” I said.

“Uh huh, sure. Is that why you asked me how your hair was?” Erelin said not letting the subject go.

“Ok, I think he’s cute, happy?” I replied.

Just then Pete and Patrick came over to where I was. Pete put his arm around me, making Tara jealous who was folding some shirts. I introduced him to Erelin. I think it kept everything she had from not flipping out on him.

About that time, Jason had spotted me and walked over to us all. I could tell Pete felt uncomfortable having Jason near me. He already knew I had talked to him several times before. It wasn’t like he was going to ask me out. Jason and I were good friends and that was all, although he made my heart skip a beat as well.

“Amanda?” Jason asked.

I turned around to see Jason standing behind me with Pete letting go of me. Patrick just stood there watching Pete become a nervous wreck. Maybe this was good after all. It could definitely help in my plans.

“Well hello, Jason.” I said giving him a hug.

“I thought you lived in Florida. Are you vacationing here?” He said looking at Pete and Patrick and nodding at them to acknowledge them.

“No. I live here in L.A. now. I work here, I’m just off today. Oh, let me introduce you to my new friends here. You probably know who Pete and Patrick are.” I said smiling. Pete wasn’t happy.

“Yeah, it is finally nice to meet you guys. I love some of your music.” Jason said shaking their hands.

“And this is Erelin.” I said pointing to her standing behind the register counter.

He reached out and shook her hand as well. I think she was excited to see another musician celebrity but I was quite proud of her. She didn’t flip out and was very professional.

“Hi, it is nice to meet you.” She said catching Pete rolling his eyes behind Jason’s back.

“Well, I love anything Jackie does so I happened to be in the neighborhood and decided to drop in. I’m glad I did. I get to see you again, Amanda.” Jason said starting to make me melt now. Why didn’t he do this when I met him at the last concert in Tampa I went to?

“I’m sorry. Where are my manners? I met Amanda like back in 1999 at one of our shows. She has been a dedicated fan and friend now. She’s been to several of our shows since then and we have talked to each other every time. I got worried when you didn’t show here recently and now I know why.” Jason said.

“Gag me.” Pete said under his breath where no one could hear.

“Oh, that’s sweet you were worried.” I said looking over at Pete.

“Yes. Maybe we should switch numbers. I trust you. You are one of the few fans I have become close to.” He said adding my number I gave him to his phone and me adding his to mine.

Pete pulled Patrick aside and starting talking to him. I couldn’t tell what they were discussing but I sensed Patrick was enjoying watching Pete squirm. I could sense the jealousy but it was Pete’s loss for not stepping up to the plate.

“Oh, we are recording again but this time, here in L.A.” Jason said all happy.

“Great. I can’t wait for the album to come out, then.” I said smiling at Jason.

Erelin was getting a big kick out of watching what was unfolding. She just didn’t want to say anything at this time. That was a smart move on her part.

“Well, I better get back to the studio. It was so great to see you again, Amanda. We need to catch up on things. Call me whenever you can.” Jason said giving me another hug. That boy smelt mighty fine.

“I sure will. It was nice to see you again.” I said as we were hugging. “Please take care and don’t stay out late.” I warned him.

“Ok, later then.” Jason said as he left.
Pete turned to me and said, “You two looked mighty cozy together.”

“Excuse me, do I sense a little jealousy. I think we are.” I said laughing.

“Shut up.” Pete said.

“Well, c’mon Erelin. See if you can have Tara watch your till. We need to talk in Bev’s office.” I said ignoring Pete.

“Ok. The boys too?” She asked.

“C’mon boys, we have much to discuss.” I said signaling them that I’m ready.