Bite Me

Pete's Jealousy

We went upstairs to see that Bev was in the bedding section. She was stocking some sheets and blankets on a display. She looked up to see us, her eyes all hopeful that Joe may be with us.

“Hey, Bev. Can we use your office to talk since it is private and big?” I asked her as I walked over to her.

“Sure. Here are the keys. Erelin said you all would be here. Nice to see you guys again, Pete, and Patrick. Who’s relieving you from break, Erelin?” Bev asked a little disappointed that Joe didn’t come back in with us.

“Oh, that would be Tara.” Erelin said.

“Ok. Just don’t keep her too long, Amanda. It has been very busy tonight.” Bev sad getting back to what she was doing.

“Don’t stay out too late and here, take this.” I said handing Bev a stake for protection out of my purse. “Be careful and walk out in a group with Erelin.” I said handing her one as well.

“We will definitely.” Bev said.

We left Bev and headed over to her office. This store was huge for a designer store. I unlocked the office and we all stepped in.

“So, are you like on a date? You look pretty tonight, Amanda and dressed very cool.” Erelin said.

“No.” Pete and I said at the same time. I gave him this look that made Erelin laugh.

“Obviously he’s too cheap to take me out on a date.” I said now making Patrick chuckle. Pete just sat in a corner in a chair.

“Pete wants me to train since I am a vampire slayer and all. Patrick is here because of me.” I said laughing.

“Yeah, thanks Pete!” Patrick said laughing at him.

I explained everything I could to Erelin about Pete and Brendon both being vampires, about Beckett turning them and how I am a slayer. Pete kept staring at Erelin in this weird protective way but he didn’t say anything. I warned her to be careful at night and to try not to be out late if she had to be which she already knew but I wanted to instill in her.

“Wow.” She said sitting in a chair across from Bev’s desk. “I am sorry Pete. No wonder you guys have to use the excuse that he’s sick. But why hide about vampires? Shouldn’t people be warned?” Erelin asked.

“Well, no one believes you unless they are in danger themselves. We have all tried and they laugh at us and think we are joking.” Patrick said. “Pete did the Sixteen Candles video to warn people without them freaking out hoping that they would catch on.” He added.

I glanced over at Pete who was lost in thought. I wondered what he was thinking or feeling at this moment. He was being too quiet not to say anything. It wasn’t like him not to talk. It was his nature. Just then Pete got up and walked over to Erelin kneeling beside her chair. Patrick and I looked at each other confused.

“I don’t want you near Brendon at all. It is bad enough Amanda is or has to be around him but not you too. He may get you killed. Amanda told me you two had that smitten look to each other.” Pete said upset.

“Hey! What’s your deal? It’s not like I’m not hanging around you. You may be dangerous but I don’t complain Pete. I can get hurt anytime. We all could it is just I choose to be around you.” I said eyeing down Pete.

“I can see whomever I want. And I know by seeing in Brendon’s eyes he wouldn’t hurt me.” Erelin said. “Besides, Pete it is not like he has asked me out on a date or anything. And I know we can’t talk right now anyways because of William Beckett. It would be too risky and I don’t want to blow his cover or get myself in danger.” She added.

“Fine. Why does everyone take Brendon’s side?” Pete said storming out of the office.

Patrick went out to calm Pete down. I just sat in disbelief over what had just happened. I thought we were clear on Brendon.

“Amanda, are you alright?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t know. He’s so difficult. He acts like he doesn’t trust me. My plan tonight is to make him jealous to make him want me and to ask me out but now I don’t think I want too.” I said.

“Sure you do. Why do you think he has been in the corner all quiet and then suddenly concerned about me?” Erelin said smiling.

“He’s jealous. I could see it when Jason and you were talking. He wants you and he’s afraid to tell you. Men are clueless at times. He thinks you are probably going to run off with Brendon too who as you said he doesn’t like anymore. But if he heard Brendon’s side as you I am sure he wouldn’t act that way. You dressing the way you are compared to what he’s wearing is a plus too. You will have some heads a rolling tonight, vampire or no vampire. He won’t be able to do anything but finally crack.” Erelin said laughing.

“You really think so? But why does he want to kiss me and not tell me he wants to date me? He leaves me confused. I want the normal date stuff too. I want what Bev and Joe have and we all know they haven’t known each other long and they seemed joined at the hip.” I said getting up.

“Trust me, tonight when you go to the club, knock em dead. You will be surprised.” Erelin said giving me a hug.

“Thanks. You better get back so Tara doesn’t have a fit.” I said laughing.

“You know I don’t like her and it’s only been day two of my job.” Erelin said laughing.

“She’s just jealous you are my new friend and know Pete now, and she doesn’t.” I said locking Bev’s office.

I gave Bev back her keys and even she wished me luck with Pete. I found the guys waiting downstairs and I turned to wave bye to Erelin who was giving me thumbs up sign. Well here goes.

“Next stop to the club!” I said to the boys as we walked out of the building.