Bite Me

There's A Time To Play And A Time To Slay

“You mind telling me what’s eating at you?” I asked Pete as I drove us to the club.
Patrick drove himself following us. I knew he was hoping he could leave early. I would let him as long as he helped me try to score Pete. It made me smile. Pete has this way with me. Why was he so afraid of a commitment? I didn’t care he was a vampire.

“I’m fine, Amanda.” Pete said.

“Well, you haven’t said anything since we left my work. Pete, talk to me.” I said pulling into the parking lot for Club E.

“What is there to talk about? C’mon, we need to get inside and work.” Pete said getting out of my car.

“Patrick can you help me?” I said walking behind Pete.

“Sure with what?” He asked as we paid and followed Pete inside the club.

“Help me to make Pete realize we are meant to be. I know it sounds funny but there is just something about us. I know you see it. I wish he did.” I said.

“I can try to help you guys hook up. But I’ve seen him kiss you and stuff isn’t that enough?” Patrick said.

“I want a commitment. I think he’s afraid to really show or tell me how he feels. He tells me he cares for me or doesn’t want to hurt me then we make out but there is nothing solid. I don’t want to be just a make out buddy or a slayer buddy. I don’t know Patrick. He confuses me with how he says one thing but does another.” I said climbing up the steps to the second floor of the club.

“I can try to talk sense but I will tell you this. He is jealous of you and your friend Jason and that is all I am saying.” Patrick said.

“Is that so? Hmm. Then my plan is working and I haven’t even started it yet.” I said.

“Plan? What plan?” Patrick asked.

“You’ll see.” I said.

“Hey you trailers get your behinds over here.” Pete said.

“Coming, boss.” I said rolling my eyes at Pete.

Patrick and I had walked over to where Pete was. He was standing in front of a railing overlooking the dance floor.

“Your job is to search and pick out vampires in the crowd. Are you feeling anything?” Pete asked me.

Now that was a trick question. I was feeling for him but I couldn’t say that at this moment and yes my radar was going off in overtime. It was starting to give me a headache.

I looked over and saw this ugly guy dancing with this pretty girl. Ok, fashion 101 tells me that a guy doesn’t wear dated clothes like from the seventies that often. He just looked dead. I guess now was a time to prove I can slay with the big boys.

“Found one.” I said taking off. Pete had just given me like this what, look.

It was a good thing I had locked my purse up in my car and stashed some stakes in my pockets and one behind me tucked in my pants and my shirt covering it up. They guy may be ugly but hey it’s a start to make Pete jealous even more.

I approached the vampire I spotted and I knew Pete was watching me from the balcony. “Excuse me.” I said cutting in between him and this girl.

“Hey! I saw him first.” The girl said.

“Trust me I could so make him so much happier.” I said touching the guy’s shoulder and giving him a look. I wanted to gag myself.

“Sorry babe, scram.” He said to the girl.

“You want to go over to that dark corner over there and um get to know each other better?” I said to the ugly vampire.

“Sure baby.” He said eyeing me down. Can we say gross much? The things I do for people.

We walked over to this dark corner of the room and he asked me if he was thirsty. I told him not really. He started to try and kiss me but I pulled away looking up to where Pete was. He was so not happy. I could tell he wanted to come down and beat the guy to a bloody pulp for wanting to kiss me.

“Hey I thought you wanted to get to know one another better.” The vampire said.

“I do. Close your eyes and I will give you a nice surprise.” I said reaching for the stake behind me. I carefully looked around making sure no one would notice what I was going to do as well.

I leaned in to him whispering in his ear, “I wouldn’t even date you if you were alive,” and staked him. I watched him turn to dust right in front of my eyes. I carefully tucked my stake away and looked for my next victim. I was starting to enjoy this.

I walked over to the bar and found another vampire only he was tall, dark, and gorgeous. It was too bad I had to kill him. Maybe if he was alive I could have known him.

“Hey, you here all alone?” I asked him.

“Well, hey cutie. No but I won’t be anymore.” He said.

Why do these vampire guys have the worst pick up lines? Did they not learn anything when they were alive? Jeez.

We walked back over to my corner and started talking. Talking turned into kissing and I refused to let him put me under any kind of spell. I have to admit he wasn’t a bad kisser though. I wonder if Pete was flipping out right about now.