Bite Me

Surprise, Surprise

I couldn’t get this guy in a good enough position to stake him and he wouldn’t close his eyes for anything. What else could go wrong with him? Think, Amanda, think.

“Hey, do you want to blow this place?” The good looking vampire said.

“Sure.” I said to him. I thought that maybe I could stake him outside then. I would have a way to fight him since he doesn’t want to die so willingly. He grabbed my hand and I let him lead me through the exit doors of the club only to find he had friends waiting outside. What have I got myself into now?

“I thought this was a private party.” I said with the vampire holding my arm now.

“I thought we needed some company. You see we are thirsty and hungry and well I could have had anyone but you approached me.” The vampire said.

There were five of them total all surrounding me and the now ugly vampire. And to think I kissed that creep to try and stake him. Yuck! I guess I have my work cut out for me after all.

“I’m not thirsty or hungry.” I said trying to get the vampire’s hand off my arm.

“Oh, what a pity. We could have made you into one of us. I guess its time for you to die.” The vampire said.

The rest of them were all snickering and circling around me. Ok. Enough talking let’s get this over with.

“Let go of my arm! You are hurting it.” I said.

“Oh, look she thinks she can escape us.” The one vampire said.

“I mean it let go or you will regret it.” I fired back.

“Who’s going to save you? There’s no one out here babe.” One of the other vampires chimed in. They all laughed.

“Ok, you asked for it.” I said turning myself around and flipping the vampire I kissed on the ground, quickly staking him. “Who wants more? Come to momma.” I said fighting them off the best I could. Where were Pete and Patrick? Didn’t they see me leave?

One vampire kicked me off guard and knocked me into the wall of the club. That was going to hurt later after the adrenaline wore off. I was cornered. This was it. I might as well go down swinging. Then Pete and Patrick arrived and helped me to kick butt.

“It’s about time you two showed up but I didn’t really need your help. I could have taken them.” I said pummeling a vampire to the ground and staking him.

“Sure you could have.” Pete said fighting off another.

I turned to see Patrick fighting off the last two vampires and took out a stake. I threw it into one vampire’s back piercing his heart and dusting him. Patrick finished off the last one.
“Are you trying to get yourself killed? How reckless was that?” Pete said throwing his hands up.

“Um, guys I think I am leaving now on that note. I have some things to take care of.” Patrick said.

“Thank you for your help, Patrick. Be safe.” I said hugging him and watching him get to his car.

“I’m not reckless and I could have handled it. Besides I wasn’t going down with out a fight.
How was I to know he had friends waiting for me out here? I tried to stake him, it was just difficult.” I said with my arms folded.

“Oh, difficult, huh? That didn’t stop you from kissing him.” Pete fired back.

“It was just business. It didn’t mean anything, besides am I sensing some jealousy issues now? Just how long were you watching me?” I asked.

“You want to know the truth? Fine! I will tell you the truth. It drove me crazy the way you flirted and handled yourself. You kissed a vampire and don’t tell me he was a bad kisser. I can see right through that one. You are so stubborn at times. I care about you. I don’t want anything to happen to you because the truth is I would die inside. You have changed me in the last few days and made me see things in a new light. I crave you and I’m scared of that. I don’t want to get too close because if I do, the vampire in me may come out. That scares me. I don’t want to end up hurting you.” Pete said staring at me with such confused eyes.

“Pete.” I began to say.

“Let me finish.” He said. “It is hard to not want to drink people’s blood. I do everything I can to prevent it from happening. But you are this fire that ignites in me and it makes me want more of you. You smell good. Your scent is left on my pillows from the other night and your perfume is burned into my memory. I love the way your hair looks in the moonlight. Your smile is so warm and loving. I hate it but love it too how you can drive me so crazy. And you do look very pretty tonight all dressed up for clubbing. I’m sorry I’m not dressed to impress much.” Pete said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

My mind wondered into thought. I thought about what he had said. Ok, granted it was no I love you or how bout a date, but I understood how he really felt now. We still need to work on the date issue but we can worry about that later. He is so afraid of hurting me by the vampire coming out that he feels he can’t really commit I take it.

“Pete. There isn’t a need to worry. I trust that you won’t hurt me and even if you did what difference does it make? I wouldn’t let you control me anyways. I can take you, fangs and all remember?” I said laughing.

“Seriously it isn’t funny.” Pete said.

“Look. We both care about each other. I’m sorry I made you jealous but I had to know how you truly felt about me. I don’t want to be the girl who is just always around when you want to kiss or make out with.” I said hugging him.

He said I smelt good, but whatever cologne he had on made me want to go at it with him. I pulled away from our hug and flashed a smile to Pete. I wanted to make him understand I was not going to go anywhere.

“Pete. I won’t leave you. I’m not afraid of you and whatever obstacles come our way, we can take them on together. You aren’t alone anymore. You don’t have to be. I gave up on being alone when I met you.” I said grabbing his hands and placing mine on top.

“Hey, give me your keys.” Pete suddenly said.

“Why?” I asked.

“I want to take you somewhere. Somewhere you can see the lights of the city. They are beautiful at night.” Pete said grabbing my arm and pulling me to my car.

“Ok, here.” I said handing him my car keys and running with him. I don’t know where his mind was racing to but I hoped he knew where he was taking me to. As soon as we got in the car he turned to give me the longest, passionate kiss he has ever given me. Then we took off to who knows where. I hoped this was a breakthrough for Pete and me to begin to have a relationship outside of slaying vampires.