Bite Me

Lookout Point Home of Broken Hearts

I wondered where Pete was going to take me. I wasn’t all familiar with the ins and outs of L.A. yet. The city was so much bigger than Tampa and its surrounding sub cities. We didn’t even talk in the car. I guess Pete was excited to take me to this place of his.

Pete finally pulled up on this gravel and dirt road nestled in the middle of nowhere. I think we were in a park or something because there were trees and cliffs everywhere. And a spot I guess you could cook out on a sunny day. He was right though about you being able to overlook the city. It was beautiful I saw as Pete finally parked my car and we both got out and walked over to the cliff.

“Pete. The city looks so beautiful lit up at night from here. How did you find this place?” I asked.

“So you really like it?” Pete said walking over to where I was.

“Yes. I love it.” I said smiling at him.

“Actually, this place is called Lookout Point.” He said laughing. “Many kids come here to make out. But it is the best spot to just come and relax and to clear your head.” Pete added.

“Oh.” I said walking closer to the cliff.

“Be careful. The ground might not be as steady and you humans don’t land on your feet like we vampires do. It’s a long drop off if you fall.” Pete said.

“Wait, what?” I asked confused.

“You didn’t know? Ok. I guess not. We have the ability to land on our feet if we fall somewhere. It’s pretty neat. Say I was to jump off a building, I wouldn’t fall like you. I would land on my feet like I had just jumped or something.” Pete said pulling back from the edge.

“Cool.” I said shivering. It was getting kind of chilly.

“Here. Take my hoodie. “He said taking off his hoodie jacket and placing it around me.

“How many times have you jumped off this cliff?” I asked curiously.

“A few. We have had to fight off some vampires here before that looked for unsuspecting teens making out.” Pete said.

“So this is a part of work? You want me to seek out vampires and kill them here? Great! Well I have news for you Peter Wentz!” I said before getting cut off and pulled into another passionate kiss.

“Now that I have your attention again,” Pete said, “I didn’t bring you here for work. Besides, no one else is here. It is just us. There are no other cars around.” He said holding me closer to him.

“Silly me.” I said looking away.

“What’s wrong?” Pete asked. “You can tell me you know.” He said giving me a puppy dog face.

“Stop it. You know I can’t resist that face.” I said laughing. I began to put my arms around his neck and started to kiss him. He held me tighter. I think we were both about to break and give in to something we both wanted but kept denying to ourselves.

We began to make out so intensely that he put me up on the hood of my car. He started to kiss me all over my neck, and my mouth. My heart raced. My body ached for him. What I thought would last forever suddenly stopped. He had bitten me. He lost control and slipped. When I jerked was when he pulled away.

“Pete.” I said grabbing my neck and feeling the blood drip down. It didn’t really hurt much because he punctured my skin but didn’t suck any blood. Plus I was still caught up in the moment we had. “It’s alright. Look, I’m not hurt. It will heal.” I said getting up off the car. I tried to grab his shoulder but he jerked away with his back to me.

“Every time I get to close or too into the moment look what happens.” Pete said stepping closer to the edge of the cliff.

“Pete, it is seriously alright. We can work through this. Don’t jump. Don’t be a coward and run from your problems.” I said.

Pete turned around with blood on his lips from biting me. Do you really want to see this, see me? Look at me. I tried to stop it. I tried to fight it. I let myself give in and to only hurt you. I didn’t want that and now you know how dangerous it is to be around me. Don’t touch me right now or come near me.” He said pulling away from me as I tried to step closer to him.

“I want to. It is my decision, not yours to be around you. Pete please step away from the ledge. Come back over here to me.” I said. I knew if he jumped he would be ok but that wasn’t the point. I didn’t want him to hide from me.

“I’m sorry. I can’t.” Pete said jumping off the cliff as I tried to grab him.

“No! Fine! Be the coward!” I said yelling over the cliff on my knees.

I wanted to hurt something right now. I wanted to scream. How can he do this to me? I quit! The poor rocks and dirt felt my wrath. I got up and kicked them so hard. Then I knelt back down on my knees and started to cry.

I didn’t get to cry long though because I had the worst sickening feeling in my stomach. I knew I was in serious trouble. I looked up to see Beckett sitting on top of my car where I kept my stakes inside. He had me surrounded with eleven of his Dandies. Brendon was no where in sight. I was screwed.