Bite Me

Beckett's Message

“Well now. What do we have here?” Beckett said as I quickly stood up in a fighting stance.

I looked around but I was way out numbered and no place to go but over the cliff and I wasn’t going to do that, hopefully. Beckett was still sitting on my car. I couldn’t get to my stakes even if I tried. The only thing I could try would be to fight my way through and run through the trees as fast as I could to try and lose them. Why did you have to leave me here alone Pete, knowing that vampires have been known to attack here?

“What do you want Beckett?” I said.

“I see you have been bitten by Pete now. Am I right?” He said changing the subject.

“It’s not what it looks like.” I said.

“Really, you mean Pete isn’t becoming one of us now by attacking one of his friends?” Beckett said acting like he was shocked.

“Pete will never become like you. He has a soul which separates you from him.” I said defending Pete.

“I have to ask you though. If Pete has a soul, why did he bite you, then?” Beckett asked still sitting on my car with his guys in front of me.

I looked behind me again, looking down the ledge of the cliff. I really couldn’t jump. I had to find some way to make an escape with or without my car.

“Pete took off for your information because he was trying to protect me. He didn’t want to hurt me.” I fired back. The dandies all snickered and waited patiently for Beckett to tell them what to do.

“Well he has tainted you now. I guess I don’t want you anymore. And when there is something I don’t want, I get rid of. But seeing how I can use you against Pete I think I have something better in mind.” Beckett said laughing.

“How did you know I was here?” I asked still in a good stance.

“I didn’t. We know some stupid kid or two comes up here and we can grab a bite or two. I didn’t expect for you to be here. You may fit into my plans after all.” Beckett said finally hopping down off my car.

“Oh, and what plans do you have for me?” I said not showing my fear.

“My plan is to hurt you real bad to send Pete a message that he shouldn’t stick his nose into my territory. L.A. is my playground and he’s trying to take that away from me. Anyway enough chatter. Boys get her!” Beckett commanded his vampire followers.

The only thing I could do was to make a run for it by fighting who I could and pushing my way through the rest of the vampires. That was the plan but it didn’t turn out that way. I took down a few vampires by throwing them over the cliff. I knew based on what Pete said that they would land on their feet but it would take them awhile to find their way back here.

I did manage to catch a break and ran as fast as I could but a vampire tackled me to the ground. I had no stake to penetrate his heart and no sword to behead him. I was getting punched and kicked trying to fight him off me when I was grabbed by two other vampires who pulled me up off the ground. There was no escape and I was afraid. I was already bruised, cut and sore from all the fighting I had done. I was just more worried if Beckett noticed my fighting skills and figured out I was the slayer he was looking for.

The two vampire thugs that had me were hurting my wrists from the way they were holding me. I still was trying to break free and start again. I was a fighter and I was not going to go down so easily. Then they threw me into Beckett who grabbed me by the neck, choking me as he raised me up in the air.

My hands were grabbing his to try and pry them off my neck. It was no use. I was starting to not be able to breathe.

“You aren’t giving up as easy. Why must you still try and fight? You will only lose.” He said with his grip tightening.

The only thing I could think of was to take my nails and scratch his face which I did. He let go cursing and threw me on the ground. My body was beginning to take a beating. I wasn’t sure how much I could last. I tried to get up but was kicked back down by a couple of vampires. My lip was bleeding, my head hurt from hitting the ground, and I had a black eye. Not to mention my ribs hurt. I may have had one cracked or bruised.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” Beckett said kicking me hard as I lay on the ground not able to get up.

That sent shards of pain through my left side. I began to cough up some blood and I was starting to lose consciousness. “Pete.” I said trying to focus. I tried to crawl but I had no energy left.

“Leave her. I think Pete will get the message now. Stupid girl, you just happen to have met the wrong guy at the wrong time, nothing personal.” Beckett said signaling for his guys to leave me there and grabbing the side of his face I severely scratched him.

They left me there on the ground all alone. I couldn’t move. Every bone and muscle in my body ached. I don’t know how I was even still alive but I had to try and make it to my car. I tried to crawl again but finally gave in to the darkness that was surrounding me. I went unconscious.